BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

One thing he does do is stand there in front of the media and apologise to the fans and acknowledge it wasn't good enough.

Never get the last fella doing that yet some clueless ballbags chant for him back.

Exactly!!

Mate he is so open with us. He has only stopped mentioning the bloody bus recently. He isn't stupid. He is so honest with us and mentions fans almost every post match interview. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Exactly!!

Mate he is so open with us. He has only stopped mentioning the bloody bus recently. He isn't stupid. He is so honest with us and mentions fans almost every post match interview. 

Yes i still think he's a good guy trying his hardest but he is a bit misguided and needs to look at the methods. 

But when the CEO comes out and says what he did then naturally the Head Coach won't panic and will keep trying to do what he is doing. On recent evidence he runs the risk of losing the players and they in turn lose the fans then he is the one who'll feel the heat.

He's never been in that situation and it shows.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes i still think he's a good guy trying his hardest but he is a bit misguided and needs to look at the methods. 

But when the CEO comes out and says what he did then naturally the Head Coach won't panic and will keep trying to do what he is doing. On recent evidence he runs the risk of losing the players and they in turn lose the fans then he is the one who'll feel the heat.

He's never been in that situation and it shows.

Does sound as though the players have started to lose confidence in the system. Once that happens it's a slippery slope.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does sound as though the players have started to lose confidence in the system. Once that happens it's a slippery slope.

I was told there was a lot of bawling at each other and arm waving today.

Probably not before time but the whole lot should have been looking in Broughtons direction and rolling their eyes in regards to the keeper.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

He sourced the defender, the owners put a stop to the deal. They also removed any and all funds necessary to get a decent striker. 

Difficult to judge the egg in those circumstances. 

Fair enough but the point I was making is that the manager asked for certain players and they weren't signed. JDT made that clear in January and after the Summer window. So I don't agree with the previous posters assertion that these players must be being signed on JDT's "say so."

Hirst and Morton were poor signings but at least they could be sent back. We're stuck with the likes of Ennis and Telly Savalas.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably not before time but the whole lot should have been looking in Broughtons direction and rolling their eyes in regards to the keeper.

The keeper blamed the other players for that first goal too.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, booth said:

The keeper blamed the other players for that first goal too.

He had a point though. Don't get me wrong he should have saved it comfortably but Brittain and Moran were almost as culpable as neither tried to close the Huddersfield player down. And that was a snapshot of the match, a match where I haven't seen so many collective and individual errors from our team in a long time.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

We never should have sold Kaminski. Best keeper since Brad.

I said at the time it would come back to bite us.

How many points has that decision cost already?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, 47er said:

You can’t stop a championship player leaving if a premier league club want them  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a load of rubbish Simon. This is young side that need help

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Kaminski want to move to the PL and you would have stop that and in your point is that Rovers needed to raise cash to cover losses 

11 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Exactly!!

I just wish JDT didn't have to apologise so often, and that is down to him. He has to apologise because the players are not giving their best (whatever that is). It is one of JDTs tasks to get the best out of players.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I just wish JDT didn't have to apologise so often, and that is down to him. He has to apologise because the players are not giving their best (whatever that is). It is one of JDTs tasks to get the best out of players.

Yeh I agree pal. Someone else mentioned earlier they think he's lost the dressing room. You see what we've got left, the likes of Samir and leo and I'd be apologising for their performances as well 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

It is not so much the selling of Kaminski, but who they got to replace him. We now have two second choice keepers. I wonder if the coaching, might have the tiniest influence on the situation ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Think it is as much about seeking the best replacement possible when a top player inevitably leaves which is something we often suffer with.

They quite simply thought we'll get by with Pears and take a punt on this Leo kid with the bit of money we get.  First thing on their minds is 'develop' and make money, again.  Really should have been looking into the loan market for a short term fix that allowed Pears to continue his own development either in or out of the team depending on form.

Basically they took us right back to having 2 rookies whose combined wages are probably only what TK was on himself. It was another downgrade but one with a big risk that has now bitten, predictably' firmly on the back side.  No options but to carry on now either because we are stuck with it.

Just got to hope Leo has plenty character to keep going because i'm sure there'll be more cock ups from him but if his head goes we are in even bigger mess.

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not so much the selling of Kaminski, but who they got to replace him. We now have two second choice keepers. I wonder if the coaching, might have the tiniest influence on the situation ?

I'd be curious to see how many of our no 1 targets actually rejected us. Look at the Shambles of the club. Would you join us?

2 hours ago, J*B said:

You can’t stop a championship player leaving if a premier league club want them  

If he's contracted of course you can. You could certainly get more than £2M for a Premier League player in those

circumstances. Point is it was only Luton who wanted him so they were never going to pay big money anyway.

But we took it because we were so bloody desperate. He's their best player FFS.

All tracks lead back to the useless owners in the end.

• Like 5

I'm worried about the method of recruitment now to be honest in terms of younger players they just seem to be looking at stats sheets and wages/resale possibility.

How much actual football scouting is being done beyond a graduates tablet in an office and a highlight reel ?

Edited by tomphil