BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB didn't need to say he was our 1st choice to replace TK but he did and we scouted him properly, maybe tell to accept it instead of looking for conspiracy theories that aren't there

If he really was first choice I dread to think what 2nd & 3rd were like. It seems as though Gregg's identification of a goalkeeper is about as good as his identification of a centre forward.

19 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If he really was first choice I dread to think what 2nd & 3rd were like. It seems as though Gregg's identification of a goalkeeper is about as good as his identification of a centre forward.

Far too early to write Wahlstedt off. Far too many people are far too judgement in life. 

Odd, couple if games back I was about to say Leo has shown improvement.then 2 goal costung "shiuld have.done betters" has him as a villain again.  No keeper is going to be good enough here for a lot on here, just gotta keep pounding the Kaminski sale up people's arses.  TK made plenty if gaffs Leo has also oulled iff some really good saves.  I think he may.work out fine.  Just watched a.top.Prem.keeper do the same thing.as.Leo, it happens, a lot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Broughton spoke about it at the end of the transfer window.

TK wanted out as soon as Luton made their first bid in July. TK then threw his toys out in Austria cos Rovers didn't accept.

Thank you for that - I’d not heard him talking about it.

Of course, GB is always going to ‘spin’ things in a way which favour the club.

Ultimately (and this is clearly the wrong thread for this) the issue wasn’t necessarily selling TK but not recruiting (on the evidence so far) a good enough replacement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no reason to lie and been open and honest from day 1 of his appointment. People just looking for things that aren't there

Correction : People not just blindly believing every word uttered by someone at Blackburn Rovers, (particularly after thirteen years of bitter experience).

• Like 1

We don’t hear half of what goes on behind closed doors at football clubs. Managers, DoFs, CEOs are all spinning a narrative when speaking in public. So of course you don’t take it all at face value.

The naivety of yon mon, it would be almost endearing if he wasn’t so patronising with it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a dodgy goalkeeper is a dodgy goalkeeper they just keep letting soft ones in and making mistakes,iv`e lost count of how many games leo has cost us

I agree, but he really needs taking out of the firing line for his own good, and that of his team mates,

Until Chaddy mentioned him, I d forgotten about Hilton.

Clearly, JDT must not rate him, as otherwise he surely would’ve been given an opportunity by now.

He’s the same age as Wahlstedt,(24).

The defence will start the match at Hull in a very nervous frame of mind.

As per usual, it’s imperative we score first.

Edited by martonrover

5 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Broughton spoke about it at the end of the transfer window.

TK wanted out as soon as Luton made their first bid in July. TK then threw his toys out in Austria cos Rovers didn't accept.

Even if GB was exaggerating, I assume that TK would have been desperate to play in the premier league....

At present, Pears goes straight back in when fit…personally I’d be looking at second and third choice Prem keepers on loan until the end of the season. With a fully fit back four (and for me that’s Hill at RB with Carter, Hyam  and Pickering) and Tronstad in front of them, we should be fairly solid with a decent stopper behind them. As for tomorrow…keep the score down and move onto Rotherham or a big Digital Day win against Cambridge. It’s all feeling very downward doom loop at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We don’t hear half of what goes on behind closed doors at football clubs. Managers, DoFs, CEOs are all spinning a narrative when speaking in public. So of course you don’t take it all at face value.

The naivety of yon mon, it would be almost endearing if he wasn’t so patronising with it.

But that's what makes it so funny