BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Given Swag set the objective as staying in the division and developing youngsters, JDT is fulfilling the mandate admirably with an 11 point gap plus goal difference seperating us from the relegation places.

There is no basis for dismissing him based on the CEO's targets.

😇 - as close to a tin hat as I could find...

You are probably right , if ever we do occupy a relegation spot , we will not get out of it ....It is going to be a horrible few months until early May ...Let us all hope the 11 point cushion is enough !!!

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I think he'll walk in the summer. He's done well the first season but he's been abysmal thus season.  Yes he's had nothing to work with but good managers can get something working with average players.  Look at the Ipswich Town manager Schumacher. The only problem is they'll appoint another terrible mercenary 

I know I keep repeating it (sorry) but he isn’t a manager and has been dealt a pretty pathetic hand of players.

Every department of the team looks weak.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

You are probably right , if ever we do occupy a relegation spot , we will not get out of it ....It is going to be a horrible few months until early May ...Let us all hope the 11 point cushion is enough !!!

Down to 10 already…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

The whole "attractive football" ethos of the club doesn't belong to Tomasson. He just has a different way of implementing the club party line than his predecessors.

Whoever is advising Venkys, or even Venkys themselves, want this idealistic way of football that doesn't bring anything to the table in the practical world. They've been trying this since we sacked Allardyce. Nothing much has changed, perhaps other than getting some absolute rotters out of the club that they employed in the first place.

The same ethos exists. Replace Tomasson, and we'll get another Head Coach who tows the "attractive football" line. Some days it'll work. Some days it'll make you feel that we're onto something. But, overall, it won't make any difference because you can't sustainably pull that type of football off with whatever little resources we seem to have.

Anybody here hoping for a "Colin" appointment must be aware that it will never, in a million years, happen.

Exactly. Madame Desai said after Allardyce's sacking.

“We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.”

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

agreed with all above.

lets all remember that the wenkys didnt even sack Steve the Twat 

I think the only one they've ever really sacked was Bowyer.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rigger said:

and Chaddy.

I deffo don't work for Rovers. I am passionate Rovers fan who loved his club and enjoyed going to games. That's it

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Whatever happened to Damien Johnson. Not advocating for him just curious. Was doing well with the youth team and seen his name get mentioned for promotion once a twice back in the day. Is he still at the club ?

Still first team coach at Rovers. He works with players one on one and improved them by working with them and doing video analysis with each player 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Whatever happened to Damien Johnson. Not advocating for him just curious. Was doing well with the youth team and seen his name get mentioned for promotion once a twice back in the day. Is he still at the club ?

He's on the bench every match. I imagine if JDT and Remy go, he'll be caretaker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

It's down to a 10 point cushion after resurgent Sheffield Wednesday trounced Hull today. Next home league match against Huddersfield is looking like a relegation 6 pointer. 

2 hours ago, booth said:

He's on the bench every match. I imagine if JDT and Remy go, he'll be caretaker.

Good, those leaks in the Riverside might get sorted then and he can give the stadium a power wash.

12 hours ago, booth said:

Exactly. Madame Desai said after Allardyce's sacking.

“We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.”

The lies started early !

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Well, if Birmingham really wanted “no fear football,” I know a guy that does that…

Any danger they make a swoop for JDT, do we think?

None whatsoever. They will turn to a winner. They might even give Rowett another go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Well, if Birmingham really wanted “no fear football,” I know a guy that does that…

Any danger they make a swoop for JDT, do we think?

The worse scenario from our idiot owners would be to appoint Rooney if JDT left. FFS you just couldn’t make it up !!!

• Like 3

On 01/01/2024 at 19:31, martonrover said:

I know I keep repeating it (sorry) but he isn’t a manager and has been dealt a pretty pathetic hand of players.

Every department of the team looks weak.

He took over a team which finished 8th,then 7th. The decline has happened on his watch. I do like him and I no way want him to leave, some of the football has been brilliant,but he is being cut an enormous amount of slack in some quarters. 

• Like 3

i like him as a manager,i find it frustating that he does`nt realise that you can`t play expansive football all the time with the personel he`s got,how many times have we been cut open because we`ve lost the ball and been done on the counter,tis the reason we`ve shipped a lot of goals,add a dodgy keeper to the mix as well

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling
  • Like 5

To be fair, he also probably doesn't give a fuck either.

Would you after you'd been constantly lied to and had all the resources you need to do your job removed?

It looks like a case of:

"you want 'entertaining football' and 'adding player value' over results and actual success? Well, here you go."

We'll be able to get enough points to stay up, especially when we get injured players returning. 

Any competent agent will be able to sell JDT to another club. We have absolutely no experience in the side and that is 100% down to the owners. 

Fuck off venkys. Sell the club, fuck off.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, M_B said:

He took over a team which finished 8th,then 7th. The decline has happened on his watch. I do like him and I no way want him to leave, some of the football has been brilliant,but he is being cut an enormous amount of slack in some quarters. 

To be fair, that team has been weakened + add to that the injuries and the start of “the project” in 2022, and the taps being turned off last Summer.

I’ve said a few times that our current circumstances (skint) are better suited to a decent, wily manager who can wheel and deal.

We’re not going to get that, and I don’t see Broughton bringing in anyone better as head coach.

One way or the other, we are b*ggered until the owners go.

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

To be fair, that team has been weakened + add to that the injuries and the start of “the project” in 2022, and the taps being turned off last Summer.

I’ve said a few times that our current circumstances (skint) are better suited to a decent, wily manager who can wheel and deal.

We’re not going to get that, and I don’t see Broughton bringing in anyone better as head coach.

One way or the other, we are b*ggered until the owners go.

He has been hammered by long term injuries, but then you have to ask who is in charge of the training, game management and recovery? 

I'm more than happy to see how we go over this season and next, I thought the booing on Monday was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

He has been hammered by long term injuries, but then you have to ask who is in charge of the training, game management and recovery? 

I'm more than happy to see how we go over this season and next, I thought the booing on Monday was ridiculous. 

Yes, I must admit I have wondered whether or not the injuries are all just down to bad luck, or additional factors.

I was working on Monday, which was probably no bad thing.

• Like 1