BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

'He's lost the changing room' is a baseless characterisation when a team is struggling as we currently are. I fundamentally disagree with his 'blame me' comment after today's game though. The players have to take their responsibility too for their part in the debacle and whilst I think Tomasson is trying to ease the pressure on them it's a bit of an insult in my view asking us to exonerate any of them.

These results, and recent performances are really hurting. I am still fully behind JDT, I think he has an almost impossible job given the restrictions placed on him by the owners and Swag. IMO we are now seeing the chickens coming home to roost as injuries and an extremely thin and inexperienced squad have contributed to us hitting the proverbial wall. Notwithstanding this, I believe the least we deserve from the team on the pitch is endeavour, fight and never say die attitude and with this, most of the players are falling short in spades. Things need to change and quickly, if not JDT may be gone but had he been backed, even moderately in comparison to the Teeside Curmudgeon, I am certain he would have taken us to at least the play offs. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Always a danger of papering over the cracks.

Give JDT the Huddersfield game, we scrape a win and then what next?

My reading of the situation - JDT's relationship is fractured beyond repair with Waggott and most probably Broughton.  JDT's decision making now reeks of stubbornness  resentment and anger though couched in his affable way.

Think the relationship between JDT and players has also gone.  The fight on the field has gone.

This can only end one way.

IMO, our owners, Waggott and Broughton have made a real pig's ear of this and that is where the blame lies.

I often see people having a go at Broughton, but I can’t see what he can really do. The Venkys have changed the budgets consistently since he came in which means we are shopping in the bargain basement. Not all deals work well. Just need to look at what other clubs spend and waste. He has sorted out the issue with getting players under longer contracts and make fees so for this reason I think Gally will move on. JDT is in the same boat as Broughton. 

Not a fan of Waggott, we could do so much more to attract fans but doesn’t seem interested. 

Ultimately though, all the above are employees and cannot work to their best and this is down to the Venkys.  Question is how do we attract other buyers that can persuade them to sell.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

I often see people having a go at Broughton, but I can’t see what he can really do. The Venkys have changed the budgets consistently since he came in which means we are shopping in the bargain basement. Not all deals work well. 

Come off it he's signed THREE strikers since he's been at the Club and none of them have scored a goal between them!

If he was deliberately signing players hoping to fail he couldn't have dared dream of such success!

• Like 8

I’m still holding out faith for JDT. I think he’s a good coach with a bad hand. But what is starting to grate is that he is so unwilling to change approach. It’s obvious we are desperate for a change. His stubbornness may cost him his job

the cynic in me thinks he doesn’t care if he goes. I think he is a consummate professional and sees through Waggot and the Venkys. I think there will be some barbed comments if he does go aimed at “our CEO” and his coach…..

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come off it he's signed THREE strikers since he's been at the Club and none of them have scored a goal between them!

If he was deliberately signing players hoping to fail he couldn't have dared dream of such success!

He has signed players that JDT was happy with otherwise they would not have been signed.

4 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

He has signed players that JDT was happy with otherwise they would not have been signed.

If that is true and I suspect it is ...JDT should be fired !

In my opinion he should have gone within 30 mins after the game at Turf Moor ..

Don’t be daft. He then took us to our best finish since being down here

(yes, it’s been a shit decade, low bar, blah blah - but with the budget he had compared to what other managers got to spend on fees and wages it was a fair achievement).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Load of shite.   Greggy has failed.

Didn’t say he hasn’t made mistakes but to say he has failed surprises me. Has he not done something that previously everybody has complained about. Not having players on longer contracts, this has been sorted which will eventually make the club much needed mine. He is also overseeing a number of departments, too much for my liking. Would love to know more what our scouts have seen in these players. My full blame is with the owners for the state of the club and nobody else. 

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is banter surely?!

"Revidge we only have budget to bring in a Business Analyst for £25k per annum, so they'll have no experience and not be qualified, it's that or rely on what you currently have, are happy with Telalovic?"

This is the situation pure and simple.

He has no money to bring in quality.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This is banter surely?!

"Revidge we only have budget to bring in a Business Analyst for £25k per annum, so they'll have no experience and not be qualified, it's that or rely on what you currently have, are happy with Telalovic?"

This is the situation pure and simple.

He has no money to bring in quality.

How much did Luton spend last season? 

Broughton is not the main villain, we all know that, and he didn’t appoint himself.

However, especially given the current circumstances, I think he’s way out of his depth.

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The thing is last season he did change it up on a regular basis.

Possibly now he knows he’s off so he’ll just stick to his guns and his preferred method until he does.

Agreed. The finances being pulled midway through the transfer window and moving the goalposts has really pissed him off.

He wanted some experience in the side. The Egg lined up the deal and the owners put a stop to it.

To me it looks like he's giving them exactly what they want. You want a bunch of kids playing 'attractive style' so they can be 'developed', well, here you go.

If JDT had been properly backed we'd be in the playoffs easily.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Agreed. The finances being pulled midway through the transfer window and moving the goalposts has really pissed him off.

He wanted some experience in the side. The Egg lined up the deal and the owners put a stop to it.

To me it looks like he's giving them exactly what they want. You want a bunch of kids playing 'attractive style' so they can be 'developed', well, here you go.

If JDT had been properly backed we'd be in the playoffs easily.

Here here. Absolutely spot on.

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

How much did Luton spend last season? 

Broughton is not the main villain, we all know that, and he didn’t appoint himself.

However, especially given the current circumstances, I think he’s way out of his depth.

Waggots achieved his goal - based on this post and countless others, he's covered himself 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Waggots achieved his goal - based on this post and countless others, he's covered himself 

I doubt very much it was Waggott’s decision to appoint a Director of Football, and it does make me laugh that any criticism of Broughton gets interpreted as support of Waggott.

They are both symptoms, and Venkys are the cause of our misery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

In my opinion he should have gone within 30 mins after the game at Turf Moor ..

Bizarre that - it was a nightmare of a day and a dreadful performance but if we’d have won we’d have been top halfway through the season. That’s how good results had been.

• Like 1

Time for Tomasson to go otherwise relegation is nailed om. He clearly has no future at this club. But Venkys won't be able or willing to pay the compensation and Waggott /Broughton haven't the guts to make it happen. Desperately need experienced players to provide some organisation and backbone. Sadly that's not going to happen either. 

Couldn't agree more. 

From last January to now for no one not to have been fired at a senior level is quite incredible. You can't get success with a no consequences model.

Remember the summer before was only "half a summer" because they messed up getting a manager in, as if it were a surprise one would be needed? The fans knew in Feb. This summer it was the Indian government's fault... Laughable.

All of our problems link back to detached, uninterested owners... who live a 12 hour flight away.

We've got to find a way to get them out of the club.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Couldn't agree more. 

From last January to now for no one not to have been fired at a senior level is quite incredible. You can't get success with a no consequences model.

Remember the summer before was only "half a summer" because they messed up getting an manager in, as if it were a surprise one would be needed? The fans knew in Feb. This summer it was the Indian government's fault... Laughable.

All of our problems link back to detached, uninterested owners... who live a 12 hour flight away.

We've got to find a way to get them out of the club.

Waggot been in situ through the Mowbray downfall and this one.

Results seem to have got progressively worse over Tomasson's tenure as the new style has bedded in. To have the worst defensive record in the entire league is unacceptable, the defensive options are not brilliant but equally have proven peviously not to be anything close to the worst set of defenders in the league. For me, the tactics are making these defenders look worse than they actually are. I always think that set pieces reflect on what goes on in training, and ours are particularly bad. Going forward, they are usually short which I can understand due to our lack of height, but they dont appear well worked at all, off the cuff and rarely leading to chances. Against is just a total shit show.

The squad is not equipped to be particularly competitive at this level. But there is no justification for the defensive and set piece records being quite so bad.

He clearly isnt the primary problem at the club. The owners are and always have been. But he shouldnt be exempt from criticism. There has been a lot of focus on Broughton lately, has he improved recruitment from not having a director of football? No, obviously there is a huge asterix due to the owners having become as bad as ever in recent months. Having a director of football in general only strengthens this nonsensical attitude whereby results seem to carry less importance than ever before though. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, alcd said:

Time for Tomasson to go otherwise relegation is nailed om. He clearly has no future at this club. But Venkys won't be able or willing to pay the compensation and Waggott /Broughton haven't the guts to make it happen. Desperately need experienced players to provide some organisation and backbone. Sadly that's not going to happen either. 

Assuming you get your wish and Tomasson goes who would you get in?