BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Nobody mentioning Damien Johnson---ex-Rover, been at the Club for a long time, Venkys like loyalty etc.

Not recommending him, just saying he might be offered it.

I do wonder if JDT does go, whether this would be the smartest move. A bit like with Garry Bowyer first went in the hotseat. He already knows they players and what there capabale of, and he will of seen where we are struggling. It might just be the best option till end of season and maybe enjoy a tiny wave of positive results. We do have a fair bit of youth, and for someone that already knows them might help. Rather than a championship manager journeyman that may just rip it all up. I do actually think we just need minor tweaks and we can kick start back up the league again. It really just needs balance on matchday lineups and being a bit more cute defensively as a group, rather than so open.Β 

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

As you don't follow Blues you won't be aware of what was going on during his time there JH

There were just as chaotic as we were now. And he kept them in this league despite all odds

He did nothing that Lee Bowyer, Aitor Karanka, Pep Clotet and Garry Monk didn't also do there - bottom half survival.

He might be more well liked by their fans, suspect that's more to do with the unfairness of his sacking whilst they were sat in a good position and replacement with a clown.

Anyhow, I'm not buying it, not accepting it and not falling for it.

JDT was mainly liked by the media which may help in keeping the attention on the rats in the board and the owners.

The Mail, Mirror and The Athletic are examples.

Can that current status be maintained, strengthened and used in our, the fans, favour against the rats.

Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Β 

..... To start with, Eustace was quite negative with his play as Birmingham relied on long-ball football and set pieces a little. As time progressed, though, there was more of a possession focus"

Β 

Sounds like a pragmatist compared to Tomasson's idealistic approach

His first job would be to sort out the Rovers defence and stop us conceding soft goals from set pieces

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

He did nothing that Lee Bowyer, Aitor Karanka, Pep Clotet and Garry Monk didn't also do there - bottom half survival.

He might be more well liked by their fans, suspect that's more to do with the unfairness of his sacking whilst they were sat in a good position and replacement with a clown.

Anyhow, I'm not buying it, not accepting it and not falling for it.

Falling for what?

The discussion here is that Eustace isn't a bad manager. There's nothing to fall for

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Article as follows:

Blackburn boss Jon Dahl Tomasson is strongly in the frame for the Sweden national job.

Tomasson is keen to leave Rovees after a difficult run and their failure to land targets and the Swedish job appeals.

The Swedes admire Tomasson from his successful spell with Malmo and they would hire him if they could.

However Blackburn and Tomasson have yet to split and the way it is handled will cause a problem to solve.

Tomasson hs revealed he would walk away with nothing but Rovers previously stopped that because they wanted compensation if he took another job.

That figure is large but Blackburn could come to a compromise in the next few days.

I am told the Swedish FA want Tomasson to be a free agent and that is central to his departure and next job.

The alternative for the Swedish job is Jens Gustafsson who is currently working in Poland, but Tomasson seems to be first choice.

Blackburn have already been drawing up a list of possible candidates who could step in as they try to avoid being sucked into the relegation fight in the Championship.

Β 

In that case ignore what I said because @RoversClitheroe had given dud info, unless it can be tracked back elsewhere.

Hidden relevant posts to avoid confusion.Β 

A bit of advice to any prospective new manager…..

If you’re unlucky enough to get an interview don’t for one second suggest that you’re ambitious. Anything more than aiming for grinding to 21st place will be frowned upon. Oh and don’t even mention money.

Edited by den
  • Like 4

If we are moving back to a manager only model I can only assume that the model they had required them to reinvest the Wharton money and now they have no intention of doing so.

The next mansger needs to be a miracle worker.

• Like 7

All this talk of downgrading...aΒ proper downgrade would be Gareth Ainsworth, someone that we know has failed in the championship. Eustace is relatively new to management, and he wasn't given a chance at Birmingham to show what he can do after a debut season of firefighting. He did an admirable job and it's unfair to suggest he's a downgrade at this point in his managerial career.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Β 

Don't get this, sorry. As it stands, Tomasson is taking us down to League One and shows no sign of knowing how to stop the slide. He's had a rough deal at Ewood but he has to go. We'll soon find out if his successor is worse but if Eustace or whoever saves us from relegation he isn't a downgrade

If Eustace comes in he will start with a clean slate from most fans.

If he avoids relegation, Waggott's only target, he will have done a good job IMHO.

The job is a poisoned chalice.

I took a while to take to JDT but grew to appreciate his honesty but never really liked tippy tappy losing football and lack of Plan B or the ability to come back in a game.

As it seems always, we live in interesting times.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Seen on Facebook!

Might be bs.

The added part on Benson and Lowe are my hopes ha

We're back to "nobody has left" on the current chaos-o-metre then.Β 

• Like 1