BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is this as baseless an accusation as I think, or do you remember any examples of your quite frankly bizarre claim? As pointed out, how can he be so stubborn yet at the same time so willing to change his plans simply because the fans asked for it?!

You certainly wouldn't have dreamt of saying anything like this when he was in employment and you was his number 1 fan!

Stubborn over tactics that weren't working, and it was clear to see. He kept switching to 4-2-3-1 formation during this spell. Games like Derby at home, Stoke at home. It was clear his 3-4-3 formation wasn't working and some of us were saying on here like myself whilst you were dead against any change of formation, shame our head coach Mowbray or you didn't realise this. You quickly forget the Derby game when Mowbray started Johnson as false 9. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The tactics of endlessly playing the ball around at the back and it causing us alot of problems is a fact, not opinion. The defeats at Luton, Reading and Coventry and one of two others were a direct result of defenders giving the ball away.

Given that you haven't seen us win this season cos we lost all 5 games you attend. 

JDT is very adaptable at changing formation or style of play. Look how he played Hedges on the right and Brittain on the left cos how Sunderland wide players like to cut inside. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stubborn over tactics that weren't working, and it was clear to see. He kept switching to 4-2-3-1 formation during this spell. Games like Derby at home, Stoke at home. It was clear his 3-4-3 formation wasn't working and some of us were saying on here like myself whilst you were dead against any change of formation, shame our head coach Mowbray or you didn't realise this. You quickly forget the Derby game when Mowbray started Johnson as false 9. 

Given that you haven't seen us win this season cos we lost all 5 games you attend. 

JDT is very adaptable at changing formation or style of play. Look how he played Hedges on the right and Brittain on the left cos how Sunderland wide players like to cut inside. 

You clearly don't appreciate how stupid your argument is that Mowbray was stubborn yet he would make subs based on supporter reactions. Both of them can't be true, and in this case the latter is fictitious nonsense.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You clearly don't appreciate how stupid your argument is that Mowbray was stubborn yet he would make subs based on supporter reactions. Both of them can't be true, and in this case the latter is fictitious nonsense.

Well if my arguments are stupid why do you keep replying to them? 

You know Mowbray was far too stubbornness over his formations and unwillingness to change formation last season but yet you continue to back Mowbray over his formation was right despite it not working and we weren't picking enough points. 

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He hasn’t half talked some tripe across various threads today.

Part of me thinks, ‘he has to be on the windup’… but no, in reality he isn’t, which is a worry. 😁

You don't need to worry about me Matty, I am good mood looking forward to Sunday game already.

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You know Mowbray was far too stubbornness over his formations and unwillingness to change formation last season but yet you continue to back Mowbray over his formation was right despite it not working and we weren't picking enough points. 

You don't need to worry about me Matty, I am good mood looking forward to Sunday game already.

I continued to back Mowbray? 😂

(You've moved away from your initial point that Mowbray would make changes dependant on the supporters so presumably youve come to terms with how stupid it was)

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I continued to back Mowbray? 😂

You did continue to back his failed tactics that cost us our playoff place. Anyway, I will leave it there now. Mowbray has left us and we now have an upgrade on him. So, I would now rather focus on the present and future not on the past under Mowbray. We moved on and he moved on. 

I am pleased that JDT understand what the Burnley game means to the fans and the club. I really hope him, and the players can deliver a win on Sunday for the fans, the club and we are go top of the league when we have this 5-week break 

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

(You've moved away from your initial point that Mowbray would make changes dependant on the supporters so presumably youve come to terms with how stupid it was)

I just moved on now. The discussion is going nowhere with you and I don't want to keep going over and over the point. I leave it there now

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venison or pheasant ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The tactics of endlessly playing the ball around at the back and it causing us alot of problems is a fact, not opinion. The defeats at Luton, Reading and Coventry and one of two others were a direct result of defenders giving the ball away.

Watching the West Ham game a few things struck me

1 - how ludicrous it was on the face of it for a rag tag squad of very young defenders (if you can even call Edun and JRC defenders) who had never played together as back a four to try and pass it out of the back against a very good, very physical, very athletic Premier League team. 

2 - despite this madness how we kept on doing it all game, even when we gave it away cheaply a couple of times

3 - how it sort of.... worked. West Ham came onto us, and that meant we could find the balls into the channels and through the middle

Maybe we got away with it because West Ham didn't take us seriously enough to properly press us? But on the whole really impressed how calm and confident we were passing out. 

As we have gone away to a team on paper so much better than us, I think it's safe to say we will continue in the same vein in the Championship, so we are going to have to get used to it. It does look like we are getting better at it. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Miles off it tactically. Just does not learn. Arrogant.

We’re not getting out this league knocking it around the back.

More importantly we are not getting back to 12,000 season ticket holders, playing around at the back.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Well at least this is the moment of the season he said he wanted, 1 month to work with the players consistently to get his message across to them. Good luck Jon! 🙂

He could have the next twelve months and it still won’t work. You’re either a ball player or you’re aren’t. You’re either a tackler or you aren’t. You’re either quick or you aren’t. Those things can be improved marginally but at the end of the day you can’t turn the likes of Ayala into a Baresi or a Beckenbauer.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He could have the next twelve months and it still won’t work. You’re either a ball player or you’re aren’t. You’re either a tackler or you aren’t. You’re either quick or you aren’t. Those things can be improved marginally but at the end of the day you can’t turn the likes of Ayala into a Baresi or a Beckenbauer.

For sure agreed, but I expect to see further improvements to Adam Wharton, Garrett, Mola, Vale, Hirst, Morton, the whole general young players and better team cohesion by the time they come back.