BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Dack is top earner reportedly on the best part of £20000 a week, is 28 soon to be 29 and has barely played for the last 2 years.

We often hear about the 'project' at Rovers - that 'project' obviously doesn't involve people on that sort of money, at that sort of age, with serious injury records. So I wouldn't be surprised if part of the 'project' was focused on phasing him out and finding someone to take him off our hands. They could pay 4-5 first teamers for one Dack.

Not saying I agree with it but he isn't the first to be nudged out the exit door at Ewood for non-footballing reasons.

Bradley's not going anywhere unless he's paid up in full on what his Rovers contract provides in way of wages, bonuses etc etc, by us or his new club.

His contract expires June 2023 with a both parties 1year option,so that would need settling too.

TBF Rovers via JDT are doing their utmost to make Dacks time at Ewood unbearable but I think they are going to fail in getting him to blink first.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There was an absence of a few days on this messageboard for the days following the drab Wigan loss where Dack despite being the obvious goal threat on the bench was given a few minutes at the end...

Are you directly this at me why I didn't come on the messageboard for 2 days after Wigan game? 

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Did you read my post? I've explained the possible non-footballing reasons.

Pretty much every estimate/rumour I've heard has him as top earner and on somewhere between 15 and 20 grand a week. What do you think he is on compared to the rest of the team?

I don't think Dack wages have anything to do why he isn't playing. His wages would be similar to Ayala, Gallagher and Kaminski. I think he will be around 15k plus bonuses. 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bradley's not going anywhere unless he's paid up in full on what his Rovers contract provides in way of wages, bonuses etc etc, by us or his new club.

His contract expires June 2023 with a both parties 1year option,so that would need settling too.

TBF Rovers via JDT are doing their utmost to make Dacks time at Ewood unbearable but I think they are going to fail in getting him to blink first.

I think Dack won't extend his contract here but I do expect him to leave in January to a new club. Which club that is I don't know. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Are you directly this at me why I didn't come on the messageboard for 2 days after Wigan game? 

I don't think Dack wages have anything to do why he isn't playing. His wages would be similar to Ayala, Gallagher and Kaminski. I think he will be around 15k plus bonuses. 

I think Dack won't extend his contract here but I do expect him to leave in January to a new club. Which club that is I don't know. 

January is possible but only if it suits Dack financially.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

January is possible but only if it suits Dack financially.

I think Dack will want to play as much as possible. Finances should be second in the situation. Also, he might want to stay in the north and around where he live given how much their new house cost and the work, they had done to it. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think JDT is slowly introducing the high press but given how we played I don't Dack fits the formation or tactics? 

why was it Joke? Would Dack even an impact against Wigan he would played more? we just don't know

Should JDT adapt his tactics and formations for Dack who some fans still think is our best players whilst I don't think he is anymore pro injuries. Kaminski, Hyam, Wharton, Brittain, BBD and Hedges are more important to the team now

My point is that JDT needn't adapt his tactics to accommodate Dack. If we were asking our players to press like mad - as it seemed we might when he first arrived - then fine. But we're not! And we frequently set up with players in the areas of the pitch where Dack is strongest, so I don't see how we would need to drastically change things to get him into the side. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

was that Post I quoted directly at me @roversfan99?

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why should finances be secondary? 

cos he should decide his next move on playing time not money? 

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

My point is that JDT needn't adapt his tactics to accommodate Dack. If we were asking our players to press like mad - as it seemed, we might when he first arrived - then fine. But we're not! And we frequently set up with players in the areas of the pitch where Dack is strongest, so I don't see how we would need to drastically change things to get him into the side. 

But in some games, we haven't when we played a front 3 or on Saturday when we played 2 up front. They don't suit him at all

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

was that Post I quoted directly at me @roversfan99?

cos he should decide his next move on playing time not money? 

But in some games, we haven't when we played a front 3 or on Saturday when we played 2 up front. They don't suit him at all

Yes. Point being that when he potentially could have made a difference and Tomasson was justifably criticised for not bringing him on earlier, nothing. 

Assuming teams are reluctant to get close to his wage and any deal would take lots of compromise in January, he would be possibly best advised to sit on it, try and break back in and earn another year on the same wage, or failing that have the freedom of the market in the summer.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No argument with him being on the bench if we start with a front two. 

But most games we have played with either a number 10 or a false 9, and yet we've only started Dack once. Incidentally in that game he split the defence to set up the winning goal, which would suggest that his talent hasn't gone away!

I wouldn't care quite as much if he was even being used as an impact sub, but he struggles to get more than 5-10 minutes at present even when we're not playing well and need a goal.

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

No argument with him being on the bench if we start with a front two. 

But most games we have played with either a number 10 or a false 9, and yet we've only started Dack once. Incidentally in that game he split the defence to set up the winning goal, which would suggest that his talent hasn't gone away!

I wouldn't care quite as much if he was even being used as an impact sub, but he struggles to get more than 5-10 minutes at present even when we're not playing well and need a goal.

Dack has started 3 games, Blackpool away then home to Bristol City and Stoke both at home

Maybe a certain number of starts or appearances triggers the year option so that's why he is in effect being frozen out.

They might not want rid of him right now they might even want to use him but if they want his wages off the books in summer they can't.  I'm certain something like this is at play rather JDT just not rating him he isn't that daft.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do you find it strange that Dack doesn't fit into JDT's tactics? Where would you have play Dack on Saturday against Boro?

Who says Dack is on 20k? 

Why would it be for non-footballing reasons for Dack?  

I’d play him anywhere near the goal when we are crying out for one

• Like 5

The thing I find most strange with Dack is he actually makes the bench.

If JDT was forcing him out surely he wouldn't make the match day squad. Whether that's about money, pressing, trigger clauses in contracts or anything else being suggested.

I think there is a worry his cruciate goes again and then we are paying a lot of money for someone on a treatment table with no sell on value. If the club keep him fit so to speak, he has a value someone will pay knowing he wants and needs first team football in January.

Like most, if we are losing by a goal or 2, it makes no sense to keep him on the bench or give him 5mins, press or no press.

I'm also surprised how quiet Dack is. He doesn't strike me as the sort not to speak out if he feels he's being miss treated...

Edited by Southside Rover

There are some valid points on here re Dack imo. I'm certain if he was selected more then he would repay that in his performances. It would be sad if his time with us ends this Jan or in summer with him having only played a bit part in the season.

But time moves on, he has suffered 2 bad injuries and maybe in JDT's view that's caught up with him. The onus of the club now, rightly, is on the future & relying more on youth than experience. There are so many attacking options available to JDT in the midfield & forward lines that maybe he doesn't see a longer term future for him at the club. His wages may play a part in that.

JDT's mantra since his arrival has been on the team  not the individuals. When all's said and done he has us in 5th place, 1 point off top (albeit having played one game more than everyone else), having not found any consistency as yet. There's clearly room for improvement, but imo the initial signs are very good.

I thought Dack played really well against Blackpool then in the next match was poor, but seemed to be playing a more forward role than Blackpool which didn't suit him - and he looked leggy after his efforts midweek. Since then he hasn't really featured.

I was hoping for more of what we saw at Blackpool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

There are some valid points on here re Dack imo. I'm certain if he was selected more then he would repay that in his performances. It would be sad if his time with us ends this Jan or in summer with him having only played a bit part in the season.

But time moves on, he has suffered 2 bad injuries and maybe in JDT's view that's caught up with him. The onus of the club now, rightly, is on the future & relying more on youth than experience. There are so many attacking options available to JDT in the midfield & forward lines that maybe he doesn't see a longer term future for him at the club. His wages may play a part in that.

JDT's mantra since his arrival has been on the team  not the individuals. When all's said and done he has us in 5th place, 1 point off top (albeit having played one game more than everyone else), having not found any consistency as yet. There's clearly room for improvement, but imo the initial signs are very good.

I would counteract the point about a younger team by highlighting a lack of experience. Dack is not even 30 but he can add some knowhow to a young and naive group. He is also only a year or two older than Szmodics who has signed under Tomasson and was a player lauded for his experience so that doesnt tally up.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure if he was miss treated it would be leak to the press by him or his agent. 

Leaked

Maybe he’s just being professional? I’m sure he’s already got a move lined up to Sunderland, Mowbray has history of breaking such rules after all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure if he was miss treated it would be leak to the press by him or his agent. 

Why would he or his agent do that? It would not help him with the club or the fans.

I'm sure they have no intention of such leaks which can however be placed by bad actors.

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would counteract the point about a younger team by highlighting a lack of experience. Dack is not even 30 but he can add some knowhow to a young and naive group. He is also only a year or two older than Szmodics who has signed under Tomasson and was a player lauded for his experience so that doesnt tally up.

Dack is a shade under 2 years older than Szmodics, but also has 2 v serious recent injuries behind him compared to Szmodics. Plus his contract expires in the summer; if the club is looking to the present & future, then arguably Szmodics has more to offer than Dack does (sadly).

As for it being a young squad, whilst in general it is there is still plenty of experience in it, with the likes of Kaminski, Ayala, Hyam, Hedges, Szmodics, Dack, Gallagher. What we don't have is a crop of 30 year olds; we just have Ayala, but we have a good spread of players in their early,, mid & late 20s. 

I don't mind that, and I don't think losing Dack for his experience alone would be that great a loss (which is not me saying we wouldn't miss his footballing ability).

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Why would he or his agent do that? It would not help him with the club or the fans.

I'm sure they have no intention of such leaks which can however be placed by bad actors.

His contract is up at the end of the season if neither party pick up the 1 year extension. I'm sure it would leak if he was unhappy