BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll be for sacking if he doesn’t wake up and smell the coffee.  Not many teams football their way out of this division. You don’t get the chance to build a team gradually these days. Your best players get stolen away before you know it.

Sacked?  No chance, TM’s horror runs never had him close to it, so a few shocking away performances for JDT certainly won’t have him for the chopping block…

• Like 5

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have said he us under pressure to delivered promotion this season. Reported by Sky Sports several times during games

Is he? If he's under pressure to achieve promotion then that contradicts what he/Broughton have said. Talk of needing multiple transfer windows and talk of projects/inconsistency doesn't strike me as a club pressuring him to achieve promotion.

I sincerely hope he achieves it mind. But doesn't feel like there's masses of pressure (yet). 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Is he? If he's under pressure to achieve promotion then that contradicts what he/Broughton have said. Talk of needing multiple transfer windows and talk of projects/inconsistency doesn't strike me as a club pressuring him to achieve promotion.

I sincerely hope he achieves it mind. But doesn't feel like there's masses of pressure (yet). 

I'm not sure it's even fair to expect promotion this season given what he inherited, not just a thin squad but arguably an unfit squad. Especially if the rumours are true he wanted another forward before the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm not sure it's even fair to expect promotion this season given what he inherited, not just a thin squad but arguably an unfit squad. Especially if the rumours are true he wanted another forward before the end of the transfer window.

I don't think it's fair at all to expect promotion - that's why I was surprised there's been mentions of them expecting it! 

25 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The club has made absolutely no attempt at promotion in twelve years. To now suddenly pretend they are putting the acid on the new manager to achieve this in one season is a total fantasy. To believe that fantasy requires unadulterated levels of naivety. 

Enter Chaddy. Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Like 2

Tomasson today…

“We are trying to create a new chapter. We should look at it in a different way, we should look at the journey we’ve had so far and the performances.”

I had hoped we’d head heard the last about journeys when Moany Tony finally buggered off.

• Like 3

On 03/11/2022 at 13:15, Mattyblue said:

Think he means the opposite, I’m pretty sure Sky have said a few times on comms that the club doesn’t expect an immediate promotion.

Yes Matty, you are correct on this point. I mistype the word I meant. 

Rovers aren't demanding promotion this season from JDT which is right given the amount of changes going on at the club. Its a project and we are only 4 months into this but we are within the top 6 now and I think we have a good chance of top 6 this season. Keeping BBD for the rest of the season, keeping key players fit and improve our consist will decide whether we get top 6 this season

We will make a similar amount of signings next summer I bet, and each summer following. Thats the nature of the Championship. We have 3 loanees that will go back, our top scorer will go, Dack and Ayala will probably go and that is before any further players leave and before considering gaps we have in the squad.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Had Mowbray said that, he would have been endlessly criticised and even now people revert back to Mowbray when Tomasson says the same stuff.

Its all just managerial spiel I guess, mission one is self preservation.

JDT doesn't need self-preservation does he really? He isn't going to get sacked any time soon and has us in the top 6. Given this is a new project within a new footballing management structure plus the amount of other changes happening within the club we are ahead of where I think we would be in the league in terms of league position. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

JDT doesn't need self-preservation does he really? He isn't going to get sacked any time soon and has us in the top 6. Given this is a new project within a new footballing management structure plus the amount of other changes happening within the club we are ahead of where I think we would be in the league in terms of league position. 

Every manager does, obviously he is under no immediate threat but all managers sing from the same hymn sheet and get expectations as low as possible. What managers say in interviews is fairly meaningless because they all say the same crap.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We will make a similar amount of signings next summer I bet, and each summer following. Thats the nature of the Championship. We have 3 loanees that will go back, our top scorer will go, Dack and Ayala will probably go and that is before any further players leave and before considering gaps we have in the squad.

Morton will go back and whether Hirst and Mola will sign here permanently will be decided by their performances and nothing else. 

Who knows what BBD will do. He might stay or he might go but I don't think Rovers should sell him in January for any fee full stop. Phillips will replace Ayala in the squad. 

Plus, I was talking about the number of changes behind the scenes aswell. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Every manager does, obviously he is under no immediate threat but all managers sing from the same hymn sheet and get expectations as low as possible. What managers say in interviews is fairly meaningless because they all say the same crap.

JDT's comments have been the same from day 1 and he hasn't changed his stance that is project and time will be needed

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Had Mowbray said that, he would have been endlessly criticised and even now people revert back to Mowbray when Tomasson says the same stuff.

Its all just managerial spiel I guess, mission one is self preservation.

Mowbray said it for five years on a journey to absolutely nowhere. 

I do agree it is bollocks no matter who says it. 

I'm not interested in anything other than promotion back to the Premier League. If that isn't the aim then just shut the doors. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are above where I expected us to be in the league this season. However the level of football isn’t where I expected it to be. At times we’ve plumbed the depths this season, especially away from home.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We are above where I expected us to be in the league this season. However the level of football isn’t where I expected it to be. At times we’ve plumbed the depths this season, especially away from home.

It is the level of results, not the level of football, that determines the fate of football managers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes Ewood Park is fortress now and fans were excellent today. 8 clean sheets so far and 6 wins on the bounce at home, second in the league after 20 games is excellent under our new head coach

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1