BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

On 06/10/2022 at 18:00, SuperBrfc said:

JDT being happy with this project is a concern to me as it suggests he isn't the winner that I thought he was. As a player, yes, but as Rovers manager? I'm not seeing it.

JDT: “I came from Malmo, a team that was used to winning, two league titles, playing Champions League, going through four qualifying rounds against champions of other countries, including Rangers, so I’ve been used to winning in that way.

“When I chose Blackburn I knew there would be less winning, because this is a difficult task, but it’s a very interesting project and I can come in and help the club create something a little bit different.

“We need to create something different to have a chance of going where we want to go and stay there.

“We can’t do what the rest of the league is doing because the chance would be almost zero of getting where we want.

“When you are building, and it’s a young side, you need a way of playing and over time you need to create value.

On 13/10/2022 at 15:30, SuperBrfc said:

Pathways, minutes and creating value. It's all bullshit. The rhetoric on the ground is "we are building". Building what, exactly? Five years of Mowbray's so called building left a demolition site at the end of it.

JDT: “We’re building, we have a plan and we don’t panic because we know exactly what we want to do.”

I don't agree with the project, but thanks for replying, Jon.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23050757.no-panic-blackburn-rovers-says-jon-dahl-tomasson/

• Like 2

55F3B727-73DB-4E20-8450-40E40B845E43.thumb.jpeg.2040691cdcce5c899bd4039362ca8d4b.jpeg

There were loads of comments like this coming from Waggott and the Broughton all summer. I didn’t realise when they were talking about continuing Mowbray’s work this would extend to stubbornly playing the same stupid system he was obsessed with.

We need to exorcise the ghost of Mowbray and that should start with binning this stupid forward line set up.

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Good that we can disagree respectfully. The one thing I can't see how you can say - and apologies if I am overstating your case/misunderstanding you - is that all the young players filling out the squad will be a success. I just cannot see how you or the club can bank on that given that it never happens that all youth players introduced to the first team squad step up to make the grade. 

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Every club throughout history has seen this not be the case, so I don't see how you or the club can really bank on this. Blimey even using Rovers as an example we have seen that to be the case.

From Marlon Brooms to JRC there have been tons of.very talented youngsters who have entered the squad and not made it. Then there's the load who take time to develop - look at how long Bereton was a dead weight, Nayambe when he broke into the first team, how many loans out Wharton has had (one too many, he was ready earlier imo but I digress.)

Quite simply no team can rely on an entire cohort of youngsters to step up and fill the squad in a season. History proves that to be the case. Now I'm not saying some of them won't, but to expect Phillips, JRC, A Wharton, Garrett, Vale and maybe a few more to all be squad players just isn't going to happen. Some will make it, some won't. That's facts of football. Assuming the whole lot will is folly by the club and something I don't think we can count on whatsoever. 

These players like Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale are mot than good enough to be part of this squad and they have seen this over the weeks before and in Garrett case he will show this ability in the coming weeks and month. I think we can rely on them now. If you don't think so, then we need to agree to disagree. 

Hi all. This is my first post in a long time. Hope you are all well. 

I'm sitting at home several beers deep and trying to honestly analyse our season so far. Practically 1/3 of the season has gone and it's been a real roller-coaster. 

Thoughts. JDT clearly in his own head has a plan of how he wants us to play. When it clicks it looks good, see first 45 today, Rotherham and Watford performances. But when it dosnt click its dire see Luton, Wigan, Reading. 

But to be where we are in the league after 1/3 played is a better return than I thought, when you look at the threadbare squad he inherited. 

Positives, some great transfer business in hyam and Brittain, Morton is a good loan and the jury is still out on smozdic. Hirst well we have got to say dosnt look great. I also think that Dolan has improved massively under JDT. 

Negatives. The treatment of Dack is hard for me to take. Something has definitely happened behind the scenes, so many times this season have we been craving a creative option Luton away for one and he just gets overlooked. I fully expect him to join Sunderland in January. 

But overall I am happy with this start and if I'm honest with myself, do I think this squad is top 6? The answer would be no. So of the gaffer keeps us in and around those places then he has overachieved in his first season in my opinion. 

Just my thoughts and I am happy to discuss with anyone who could be bothered reading the above 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Roverinbelfast said:

I'm sitting at home several beers deep and trying to honestly analyse our season so far. Practically 1/3 of the season has gone and it's been a real roller-coaster. 

Thoughts. JDT clearly in his own head has a plan of how he wants us to play. When it clicks it looks good, see first 45 today, Rotherham and Watford performances. But when it dosnt click its dire see Luton, Wigan, Reading. 

But to be where we are in the league after 1/3 played is a better return than I thought, when you look at the threadbare squad he inherited. 

Positives, some great transfer business in hyam and Brittain, Morton is a good loan and the jury is still out on smozdic. Hirst well we have got to say dosnt look great. I also think that Dolan has improved massively under JDT. 

Negatives. The treatment of Dack is hard for me to take. Something has definitely happened behind the scenes, so many times this season have we been craving a creative option Luton away for one and he just gets overlooked. I fully expect him to join Sunderland in January. 

But overall I am happy with this start and if I'm honest with myself, do I think this squad is top 6? The answer would be no. So of the gaffer keeps us in and around those places then he has overachieved in his first season in my opinion. 

Just my thoughts and I am happy to discuss with anyone who could be bothered reading the above 

Agree with you on Dack, I find it really really harsh. 

If we can find a way to turn these L’s into draws we will have a chance. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Agree with you on Dack, I find it really really harsh. 

If we can find a way to turn these L’s into draws we will have a chance. 

Something has definitely happened, part of me is thinking that he needs rid of Dacks wage to bring in his own players. But it's hard to stomach at times seeing him sat on the bench lol 

1 minute ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Something has definitely happened, part of me is thinking that he needs rid of Dacks wage to bring in his own players. But it's hard to stomach at times seeing him sat on the bench lol 

I fear we will sell him without giving him a chance. We’ll be lucky to get a million for him based on 2x ACL and no game time. If he can have a semi-decent season and prove his fitness it would benefit us and also increase his value. But I think his time is up now with JDT. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

I fear we will sell him without giving him a chance. We’ll be lucky to get a million for him based on 2x ACL and no game time. If he can have a semi-decent season and prove his fitness it would benefit us and also increase his value. But I think his time is up now with JDT. 

Definitely agree, I can't see any way back for him. A loan to Sunderland in January with them having an option for a permanent deal. Is what is going to happen lol 

I just don't think Dack fits how JDT wants to play and not sure how he fits into tactics whether its 4-2-3-1 formation or 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formations. Szmodics show yesterday how he can press from the front and win tackle. I'm not sure If Dack can do this but after he has done here pre 2 ACL injuries I think he need to move away to play first team football regular and I wouldn't begrudge him leaving one bit. I don't this problem has anything to do with his wages either have I have seen on different sites.  

18 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Good post.

Yeah, Dack situation is bad. I think this is a case of forcing him out. High wages and he doesnt fit the 'new model' of adding value to playerrs and selling them. I dont agree with that. I think him in the side not only adds what he brings in terms of goals and assists, but experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't think Dack fits how JDT wants to play and not sure how he fits into tactics whether its 4-2-3-1 formation or 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formations. Szmodics show yesterday how he can press from the front and win tackle. I'm not sure If Dack can do this but after he has done here pre 2 ACL injuries I think he need to move away to play first team football regular and I wouldn't begrudge him leaving one bit. I don't this problem has anything to do with his wages either have I have seen on different sites.  

Its not that at all. We dont play the press that JDT first said - so how can Dack not fit into how we play right now?

You just agree with everything a manager says until they leave. You did same with every manager. You loved TM until it was clear he was about to leave and then unleashed a load of hate. 

They are not playing him as they want his wages off the books - get with the program. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even if JDT doesnt think dack fits the way he plays, which I find strange but is fine, I can’t see how when behind and needing a creative spark with 20 minutes to go he isn’t the first person you turn to.

Regardless of what I would do if JDT doesn’t see him as a starter fine but how he hasn’t brought him on at games like Wigan earlier than he has makes me think there’s something more than he just doesn’t fancy him because despite JDT tactics at that point in the game he is the only person you would turn to

• Like 1

Dack is top earner reportedly on the best part of £20000 a week, is 28 soon to be 29 and has barely played for the last 2 years.

We often hear about the 'project' at Rovers - that 'project' obviously doesn't involve people on that sort of money, at that sort of age, with serious injury records. So I wouldn't be surprised if part of the 'project' was focused on phasing him out and finding someone to take him off our hands. They could pay 4-5 first teamers for one Dack.

Not saying I agree with it but he isn't the first to be nudged out the exit door at Ewood for non-footballing reasons.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 10:19, chaddyrovers said:

I could accept this a lot more if we actually saw evidence of our attackers pressing high aggressively. There's been the odd hint of it, but we've often been happy for the opposition to have the ball in their own third, and only really started pressing once they approach the halfway line, even at Ewood. Not exactly gegenpressing! 

How many performances -good or bad - have we seen this season and thought we're playing in a way which is physically beyond what Dack is capable of, even post-injury? Hardly any, but we have seen quite a few cases where the game was screaming for a better link between the midfield and attack. Getting less than ten minutes away at a poor Wigan side was a joke. 

Overall I like JDT and I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll go well for us, but I really don't like the lack of time that he's giving Dack on the pitch. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Dack is top earner reportedly on the best part of £20000 a week, is 28 soon to be 29 and has barely played for the last 2 years.

We often hear about the 'project' at Rovers - that 'project' obviously doesn't involve people on that sort of money, at that sort of age, with serious injury records. So I wouldn't be surprised if part of the 'project' was focused on phasing him out and finding someone to take him off our hands. They could pay 4-5 first teamers for one Dack.

Not saying I agree with it but he isn't the first to be nudged out the exit door at Ewood for non-footballing reasons.

This makes more sense, I think. 

Even then though, surely we can strike a better balance in the meantime. As well as providing us with more of a goal threat, we'll surely have a better chance of offloading him (if that's what we've chosen to do) with him playing more games and scoring a few goals. 

14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Even if JDT doesnt think dack fits the way he plays, which I find strange but is fine, I can’t see how when behind and needing a creative spark with 20 minutes to go he isn’t the first person you turn to.

Regardless of what I would do if JDT doesn’t see him as a starter fine but how he hasn’t brought him on at games like Wigan earlier than he has makes me think there’s something more than he just doesn’t fancy him because despite JDT tactics at that point in the game he is the only person you would turn to

why do you find it strange that Dack doesn't fit into JDT's tactics? Where would you have play Dack on Saturday against Boro?

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who says Dack is on 20k? 

Why would it be for non-footballing reasons for Dack?  

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do you find it strange that Dack doesn't fit into JDT's tactics? Where would you have play Dack on Saturday against Boro?

Who says Dack is on 20k? 

Why would it be for non-footballing reasons for Dack?  

Did you read my post? I've explained the possible non-footballing reasons.

Pretty much every estimate/rumour I've heard has him as top earner and on somewhere between 15 and 20 grand a week. What do you think he is on compared to the rest of the team?

38 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I could accept this a lot more if we actually saw evidence of our attackers pressing high aggressively. There's been the odd hint of it, but we've often been happy for the opposition to have the ball in their own third, and only really started pressing once they approach the halfway line, even at Ewood. Not exactly gegenpressing! 

I think JDT is slowly introducing the high press but given how we played I don't Dack fits the formation or tactics? 

How many performances -good or bad - have we seen this season and thought we're playing in a way which is physically beyond what Dack is capable of, even post-injury? Hardly any, but we have seen quite a few cases where the game was screaming for a better link between the midfield and attack. Getting less than ten minutes away at a poor Wigan side was a joke. 

why was it Joke? Would Dack even an impact against Wigan he would played more? we just don't know

Overall I like JDT and I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll go well for us, but I really don't like the lack of time that he's giving Dack on the pitch. 

Should JDT adapt his tactics and formations for Dack who some fans still think is our best players whilst I don't think he is anymore pro injuries. Kaminski, Hyam, Wharton, Brittain, BBD and Hedges are more important to the team now