BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Its got to be annoying for the managers as well because there are mikes under their nose all the time these days. In house club tv and radio stations, social media channels and accounts on top of all the traditional media stuff.

They just end up in their own echo chambers because there is only so much you can spin about the same things over and over again. 

They are all hoping they get a Christmas gift of "Managers Bullshit 2023"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J*B said:

I think we’ll probably need to go backwards from where Mowbray had us so that we can go forwards / ‘to the next level’ with JDT. I can see big changes over the next 2 years, I suspect we start next season without: 

Ayala, Dack, Pickering, Brereton, Gallagher. 

Something like… 

Kaminski

Hyam Phillips Wharton 

Brittain Wharton Travis Batty (new?) 

Hedges Szmodics New

We might be starting the season after in league 1 if that's the case and that's a step too far backwards to go forwards again.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why? Makes no sense that the only definition of backing him is giving him almost 2 years as a clean slate without judgement.

As I have said aswell as JB and others on here plus our DoF and head coach, this is a project, and it will take times to get the squad with signings and for the players to understand what JDT wants from them. Plus, like I said I see it has transition season for the several reasons I have explained to yourself the other day. JDT and GB everytime they speak mention the project and the team is under construction and they will be highs and lows for a period of time. Also have they have said this is about building a team to sustainable for getting promotion but staying in the PL 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As I have said aswell as JB and others on here plus our DoF and head coach, this is a project, and it will take times to get the squad with signings and for the players to understand what JDT wants from them. Plus, like I said I see it has transition season for the several reasons I have explained to yourself the other day. JDT and GB everytime they speak mention the project and the team is under construction and they will be highs and lows for a period of time. Also have they have said this is about building a team to sustainable for getting promotion but staying in the PL 

It’s all pie in the sky. At our level if you have a good season but fail to win promotion your better players get stolen ( or given in our case ) away and you get to start all over again next season. Exactly back where you started from. That’s if you’re lucky.

If I were them I’d be saying exactly the same. Keep the pressure off as long as you can.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s all pie in the sky. At our level if you have a good season but fail to win promotion your better players get stolen ( or given in our case ) away and you get to start all over again next season. Exactly back where you started from. That’s if you’re lucky.

If I were them I’d be saying exactly the same. Keep the pressure off as long as you can.

You can say its pie in the Sky but I think you should actually take it as the truth from JDT and GB cos that will be what is happening at Rovers now with a proper footballing management structure, changing the playing staff and backroom staff. 

Thankfully we don't sack and hire managers like other clubs do and actually give head coaches/managers time and patience 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I suspect we will be hearing "look at Farke's first season at Norwich" a lot on here this season in order to excuse poor results or to defend the manager. It's something (i.e Farke being given time) that the DoF himself has referred to in interviews done prior to joining Rovers. He talked about Norwich sticking with the plan and not rushing to move away from it even when Farke struggled in his first season.

It's highly likely that the Farke angle has been put to the owners along with the need for time. This is why I believe JDT won't be going anywhere no matter how bad it gets. Let's hope things work out, as I don't want another Mowbray situation, where he has to go but the owners do nothing about it.

Thank god we give managers "time and patience" at our well run football club. Steve Kean will testify like that, he had a job until he quit years after the protests started. And Mowbray, allowing things to go nice and stagnant before an unnecessarily sour departure. Bowyer was given too long too.

And Berg and Appleton who got plenty of time and patienc...oh wait.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

8 in August, 3 in September, 8 will be played in October.

Same as everyone else I suspect ..... Even all those other clubs who started the season with a new manager or have already made a change or had a substantial player turnover like us.

8 games in a month is insanity and right now he's 3 points off top spot.

He's doing alright for mine.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

8 games in a month is insanity and right now he's 3 points off top spot.

He's doing alright for mine.

Cute timing.

I'm not saying it isn't. I am saying all teams have similar schedules, plus time off for the international breaks and WC

Edited by AllRoverAsia

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Thank god we give managers "time and patience" at our well run football club. Steve Kean will testify like that, he had a job until he quit years after the protests started. And Mowbray, allowing things to go nice and stagnant before an unnecessarily sour departure. Bowyer was given too long too.

And Berg and Appleton who got plenty of time and patienc...oh wait.

Kean was 10 years ago, maybe its time to move on and accept that Rovers are very different club in terms of football management and the fact we got different people in charge and a proper footballing management structure. There is plenty of progress on the pitch and off the pitch with JDT and GB running the footballing side of the club

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean was 10 years ago, maybe its time to move on and accept that Rovers are very different club in terms of football management and the fact we got different people in charge and a proper footballing management structure. There is plenty of progress on the pitch and off the pitch with JDT and GB running the footballing side of the club

Chaddy, the same people are in charge that have been in charge for the last decade.. That’s why things will never really change.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy, the same people are in charge that have been in charge for the last decade.. That’s why things will never really change.

You mean the owners of the club? 

Our owners have brought in a new footballing management structure in GB who was the main reason in appointment JDT. We now have a proper plan(project) for the club, so let's see what's happens in the future. The past can't be change but we must move on from that now if we want Rovers to get promote to the PL and stay there

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean the owners of the club? 

Our owners have brought in a new footballing management structure in GB who was the main reason in appointment JDT. We now have a proper plan(project) for the club, so let's see what's happens in the future. The past can't be change but we must move on from that now if we want Rovers to get promote to the PL and stay there

Having these owners is like driving a really nice car around with the hand brake on.

• Like 4

Too early to know if the new set up is "proper" but that is beside the point that our owners allow "time and patience." History shows a mixture of managers given far too long or given barely any time at all.

@Tyrone Shoelaces is bang on regarding the owners. No matter how competent Broughton and Tomasson turn out to be, with the owners overruling on decisions they will continue to have any impact limited by the negligence of the owners.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Too early to know if the new set up is "proper" but that is beside the point that our owners allow "time and patience." History shows a mixture of managers given far too long or given barely any time at all.

@Tyrone Shoelaces is bang on regarding the owners. No matter how competent Broughton and Tomasson turn out to be, with the owners overruling on decisions they will continue to have any impact limited by the negligence of the owners.

It’s like sailing in a convoy. They could only go as fast as the slowest ship. The Chicken Chokers are the slowest ship.

• Like 2

why is it too early to say the new football management structure is proper? 

What decisions have the owners overruled this season then? 

I see our latest "journey" now has an official title...... Proper Plan Project, or PPP for short

Another acronym to wrestle with. 

You just have to hope JDT and MB know what they're doing. If they fail perhaps we ought to look for a new CEO to replace SW. He seems to be the common denominator in all this BS 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I see our latest "journey" now has an official title...... Proper Plan Project, or PPP for short

Another acronym to wrestle with. 

You just have to hope JDT and MB know what they're doing. If they fail perhaps we ought to look for a new CEO to replace SW. He seems to be the common denominator in all this BS 

Who is MB? 

Why is all BS Jim? cos Rovers have proper plan in place and they have appointed proper people to their roles with the Football management structure? 

The common denominator in all of the bullshit is Venkys.

All have backed every manager/head coach and cover the losses every season and continue to support the club. 

the owners have backed JDT and GB with funds just like they did with Mowbray and other previous managers at the club. For me, they have learnt from their mistakes in their early years and now have employed some good people in key roles with the Football management structure.