BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not calling for no televised games, just a limit per club to think of match going fans ie the most important.

And I accepted your viewpoint cos of your opinion on having too many TV games. 

I have expressed my opinion on it and the way football has gone in the last 30 years which I hope you will accept my viewpoint. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair it isn’t normal for a team 8th in the second division to have one Saturday 3pm game in five months.

It is what it is as Sky call the tune. However, those expensive STs become even less enticing when we go half a season with hardly a traditional KO…

We've already established that Waggot doesn't give a fuck about the fans.

You're paid £100k for every home game that's on SKY (less for away games) - that's all he'll have seen when accepting SKY's offer to move the game to Monday night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We've already established that Waggot doesn't give a fuck about the fans.

You're paid £100k for every home game that's on SKY (less for away games) - that's all he'll have seen when accepting SKY's offer to move the game to Monday night.

That £100k will go towards O’Brien’s wages. Oh, we forget to sign him.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

Semi-audacious prediction - Bristol City will get top six this year. Very good January. 

They have, but they would have to  go at 2 points a game - clear automatic promotion form - just to get to 70 points. That’s a big ask.

I know it might take a bit less but they’ve probably given themselves a bit much to do.

Edited by Hasta

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I take it they are happy when they lose games then? Don’t want to win too many matches and risk that goal of a ‘soft reset’ by going up…

They weren't happy in December when we beat them at their place. After twenty minutes they were singing 'we want Deano out'. They were the same the week after at Luton.

They are a strange lot. 

• Backroom

https://footystats.org/england/championship/form-table

With 2 tough away fixtures coming up was looking at the form tables.

We're 21st out of 24.

But was interested to see the top of the Away From Table (6 games).

It basically mirrors the actual League Table.

Burnley, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough sat in same order 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Luton only one place out of order in 5th v 4th.

Tells a story that. Compete well away from home in the Championship and you stand a good chance of promotion.

We don't, so won't.

15 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

What a load of shite. Some football fans and YouTube pundits are lost and have forgotten what the game is all about. A promotion chance is infront of them and their response is "but, erm, yeah, erm, not sure, maybe it's too early, erm, yeah, maybe we need two more seasons to build, erm, we'd only get battered in the Prem, those nasty billionaires, erm, I prefer this Division". Bollocks. In two years time the club could be on its arse, heading in the wrong direction and you're looking back thinking "why didn't we go for it". There's no time to wait around and pick and choose in football.

With rovers at least they give a definite no.

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Good to avoid lucrative promotions apparently.

Screenshot_20230208-120402_Twitter.jpg

That guy's a complete moron. Wouldn't give credence to anything he says. Although he knows how to get clicks that's for sure.

On 08/02/2023 at 13:03, SuperBrfc said:

What a load of shite. Some football fans and YouTube pundits are lost and have forgotten what the game is all about. A promotion chance is infront of them and their response is "but, erm, yeah, erm, not sure, maybe it's too early, erm, yeah, maybe we need two more seasons to build, erm, we'd only get battered in the Prem, those nasty billionaires, erm, I prefer this Division". Bollocks. In two years time the club could be on its arse, heading in the wrong direction and you're looking back thinking "why didn't we go for it". There's no time to wait around and pick and choose in football.

Maybe the Norwich fans are tired of getting spanked every other year?

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Maybe the Norwich fans are tired of getting spanked every other year?

So if they don’t want to go straight back up why were they demanding Dean Smith’s sacking when they fell out the top 6?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1