BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Burnley took 727 fans to Shrewsbury. We took over 1500 to Bradford.

That proves we are twice as big as them. 

Circa 110 miles Burnley to Shrewsbury; 36miles Blackburn to Bradford, nearly 3 times farther. 

Pretty good for a small town in Yarkshire

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

My lad was at the game. Said Rovers played well, especially first half and were a level above Bradford, even with the youngsters playing.

Only one turnstile open for ‘cash on the day.’ Missed the first 15 mins and the Bradford goal. Still 250 Rovers fans outside at that point.

4 or 5 turnstiles were ticket only, 1 pay on the day. I don't think even we'd do something that stupid 🤨

• Like 1

As good as this performance and result is, considering the youthfulness and the number of changes, it can't paper over the cracks. Apparently, Bradford went with 4-4-2 which was a potential tactical failure by Hughes because it has been three man midfields that have been dominating us, of late.

Our defence is not up to standard and solutions need to be found. It's heartening that Garrett and Wharton look like they might be able to contribute but Tomasson's decision to, apparently, go with the same formation, raises questions for me. Can Dack, Szmodics, Hedges or whoever plays in the AM role provide the help that Travis and Buckley have needed?

Edited by riverholmes

Less shocks in this round than last time so far.

Fulham lost to Crawley, WBA to Derby (mild shock), Rotherham lost to Morecambe, Watford to MK Dons. That's it really (I'm not bothering to count League One sides knocked out by League Two, CBA to check who is in what league from those).

Someone called Samuel Bastard or something put the Dingles through.

On 21/08/2022 at 20:07, Mercer said:

This is a home win banker.  A physical Bradford and Hughes will be up for it like a house on fire. 

We haven't a prayer.

I’ve just ordered a can of Shandy bass, a John Bull with lashings of peas and gravy.

Fools and money are easily parted, just ask our illustrious owners. 

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AAK said:

It’s funny and shows how negative we all are on here sometimes, myself included, Bradford forums full of love for us, main bits from comments I picked out;

I would love to be watching Blackburn every week I would happily play to watch that style of football

vblackburn are a class above, one of the best teams I’ve seen for a while

that Morton lad is an excellent centre back a class above (obviously don’t know he’s a central midfielder but shows how versatile he is)

dack is simply pure class

a second string Blackburn 11 was a exceptional and would walk league 2 by a mile

blackburn have some real class players

how funny seeing it from other fans eyes.

This…-it’s completely mad the narrative on here! 

Edited by nathan_rovers1

They are a fourth division outfit, their fans will be used to watching *proper* shite teams week in week out.

We are used to seeing, and so know, good second tier sides, so of course our standards are different.

When somebody says ‘we were terrible today’ it’s in the context of the division we are playing in, not that we are so terrible we couldn’t go and stylishly beat Bradford, Hartlepool et al.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

It’s funny and shows how negative we all are on here sometimes, myself included (although past 2 games have been dreadful) Bradford forums full of love for us, main bits from comments I picked out;

I would love to be watching Blackburn every week I would happily pay to watch that style of football

Blackburn are a class above, one of the best teams I’ve seen for a while

that Morton lad is an excellent centre back a class above (obviously don’t know he’s a central midfielder but shows how versatile he is)

dack is simply pure class

a second string Blackburn 11 was exceptional and would walk league 2 by a mile

blackburn have some real class players

how funny seeing it from other fans eyes.

Nice to hear! Of course, they're used to watching a right load of shit. They're currently in a league no Rovers fan in our entire history has ever seen us play in. Even the league above them is one we have only spent I think 3 or 4 seasons in ever. I'd be miffed if they weren't impressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nice to hear! Of course, they're used to watching a right load of shit. They're currently in a league no Rovers fan in our entire history has ever seen us play in. Even the league above them is one we have only spent I think 3 or 4 seasons in ever. I'd be miffed if they weren't impressed.

Well you can say that but in recent history we've often enough looked nothing special and lost to lower league opposition.

Win tonight was an achievement given it was all kids except Dack.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are a fourth division outfit, their fans will be used to watching *proper* shite teams week in week out.

We are used to seeing, and so know, good second tier sides, so of course our standards are different.

When somebody says ‘we were terrible today’ it’s in the context of the division we are playing in, not that we are so terrible we couldn’t go and stylishly beat Bradford, Hartlepool et al.

Very true, although, if they’d have played us over the last 5 years under Mowbray in a cup game, they’d have probably been taking the piss out of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Its sounds like JRC had a solid night, good news if he can at least not be a complete liability at RB filling in for Callum. 

Lets Gregg off the hook for another position.

Unfortunately he appears to be made of glass, so is less reliable than Mr Ayala.

However, under Ben Rosen and team, a new fitness regime may benefit him longer term. Dack seems to be befitting from whatever they're doing - leanest he's ever looked (whilst with us anyway).

• Like 1

Because that manager approached the games with a shrug, it was painfully obvious that he would rather have been back home up Teesside in a cup midweek than playing a fixture.

So it obviously rubbed off on the team. Footballers don’t need much of an excuse to sack it off.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5