BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

11 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I have the same issue, it's a nightmare.. try holding my phone in landscape and allsprts still no joy.. very frustratingย 

Sounds like someone needs to invest in BRFCS Premium and have all their problems solved!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Liverpool Twitter fans arenโ€™t happy that we played Tyler Morton at CB, saying we are wasting his loan and should send him back! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Surely tonight hasnโ€™t done any harm to his development, in fact quite the opposite?

What do they know ? Playing temporarily at centre half will help his development ย immensely. You get a real understanding of what it takes to play there. That can only help his game as central midfield player.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Delighted with Rovers' win which was badly needed by club and fans.

Another betting loss?ย  Clearly you've chosen to ignore my betting wins this season - rest assured, I'm well in pocket!

I used to work with a bloke who had a big welding rod hammered into the wall above his work bench. Over it was written โ€œ Mistakes I Have Made โ€œ. It had about 300 to 400 betting slips impaled on it. I can sort you out with a similar welding rod if you like.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to work with a bloke who had a big welding rod hammered into the wall above his work bench. Over it was written โ€œ Mistakes I Have Made โ€œ. It had about 300 to 400 betting slips impaled on it. I can sort you out with a similar welding rod if you like.

ย 

ย 

Think you'd need a 4 meter sea fishing rod for Mercers losses (and a used matchstick for his wins)ย 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There are. I particularly noted the comment that our first choice left back must be amazing as the one that played last night was outstanding?

4-0 to Bradford I said, happy I was wrong.ย  Encouraged the performance was good.ย  Even more so since the good performance was by the second string (3rd in some cases) especially after two poor showings by the first team.ย  This, and Hartlepool game, should lay down a warning that lads are ready to take the shirt from the less than good performers, this is good.

Hiw was young Wharton last night, he really really impressed me in the last round.ย  Surely he is knocking on the door, should any if our first teamers be worried.ย  The lad seems to read the game well and looks to be able to pick a pass, a couple against pool did not come off but to me that was down to the recieving player nit being wise to what was coming.ย  Is he ready for a championship game?

10 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Didn't know this was a thing.. Anyway signed up!ย 

And just like that all your problems go away! Plus you can feel smug, you help keep the forum alive AND support independent Rovers content, as seen in the latest edition of 4,000 holes!ย 
ย 

ย 

18967075-3F17-42C5-A835-F2817D76B9B1.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Think Hughes got it wrong for them tonight. With such us having such a young team he should have had his team bully us more - they had a few big lumps. Also, with just one recognised CB and he was making his debut - surely you just get balls into the box at every opportunity? Not complaining mind - perhaps he was doing us a favor.

To be fair, they might have planned to have done that - but we didnโ€™t let them have the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

And just like that all your problems go away! Plus you can feel smug, you help keep the forum alive AND support independent Rovers content, as seen in the latest edition of 4,000 holes!ย 
ย 

ย 

18967075-3F17-42C5-A835-F2817D76B9B1.jpeg

Surely everyone does that regardless via the ad revenue? Just a choice whether they bother you enough to pay to remove.ย 

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Surely everyone does that regardless via the ad revenue? Just a choice whether they bother you enough to pay to remove.ย 

Youโ€™re absolutely right.ย 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Thatโ€™s why I quoted it, as it is so out of line with Roversโ€™ fans view.

Missed the first 20mins which I often feel gives a very different perspective on a match but I thought edun was very good offensively, I probably would have given him a 7 /10 overall.

Defensively questionable but we didn't let them have much of the ball so wasn't a major issue.

If the opposition right winger isn't all that I'd probably give him a go at LB in the league.

Wasn't sold on any defender to be honest, when the ball was on the ground we were OK. Aerially it was Sunday league.ย 

My main takeaways from the game -

The talk of our youngsters not being professional standard is off the mark. Even the players that honestly I don't think many of us expect to make it into our first team at this point (Annesley, JRC etc) look fine Vs league 2 opposition, and could plausibly end up at a higher level than that. The younger players that we do have some hopes for (A. Wharton, vale etc) looked to outclass a decent league 2 outfit. Our youth setup is doing good work. They won't all end up with us, but I'd be surprised if many of them dropped into non league unless they have attitude problems.

From the highlights I didn't recognise Dack for the shape he's got himself into. Misread his shirt number and thought he has one of the kids in midfield, initially thought 'amazing first touch but might be a bit lightweight'. Lovely game from him though, needs to be playing.

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Adam currently has Scott's face on, just as a side note

Hahaโ€ฆclearly the agency havenโ€™t updated their databaseโ€ฆweโ€™ll give them a nudgeโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜‰

As an aside, nobody noticed that for the QPR game, the managers were listed as Tony Mowbray & Mark Warburtonโ€ฆI suspect an intern was fired & the database was refreshed for the Swansea game.ย 

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think Liverpool fans should be more concerned with their abject form and having to play the likes of Milner, Henderson and Firminho. I'm sure Klopp would have been pleasantly pleased to see the young prodigy play at centre half to further his education.

Milner? Do they cryogenically freeze him between appearances now? He must be what, 40/50 years old now?

• Like 2