BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

25 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Anywhere I can see the goals or highlights please chaps? 

If, like me, you don't have Sky TV, they'll be on ITV4 tomorrow night from 10.30 pm. (They'll be towards the end of the programme  because - if I remember correctly - the highlights programmes have to show first the games played that evening.)

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Anyone who was at the game got any verdict on the players? Would like to know if Louie had a good game (stopping an equalizer at the end aside).

He looked all over the place in the first 15 minutes but that's probably down to nerves. Settled down after that and did well and won his headers Vs their big number 9. 

Definitely saved us from going to penalties with an outstanding block right at the end

Good to see us win, I can never get my head around anyone suggesting otherwise. A handful of extra games maximum arent terminal to league chances, it can if necessary be an opportunity to rotate and give youngsters/squad players some sharpness, it improves confidence and momentum and it can lead to some excitement dependant on the draw, which assuming we finish mid table more often that not is not otherwise abundant.

Havent seen the game so cant comment on individual performances but positives include Dack scoring again and he has to start over Szmodics at the weekend, and also Markanday scoring and catching the eye. We have attacking players who struggle to impact games more often than not so I hope that Markanday is a big player for us this season.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Madon said:

He looked all over the place in the first 15 minutes but that's probably down to nerves. Settled down after that and did well and won his headers Vs their big number 9. 

Definitely saved us from going to penalties with an outstanding block right at the end

Hope he can have a good career in League 1/League 2. Getting a few apps for the first team this season in the cups will help him a lot, playing alongside good quality players and learning under a proper, youth oriented manager in JDT. Could well see him again this season if he keeps doing his job with little fuss and doing the important stuff. Although he probably will be released at the end of the season.

Edited by inflikted
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Carabao Cup Videos & Highlights | Sky Sports Football

They'll be on here eventually. Just keep refreshing the link. They've loaded up most of tonights games, just not the Rovers game as yet. 

The highlights of our game have now been loaded up.

The big question they pose in my mind is how on earth (Anglo-saxon phrases may occur to others!) did Bradford City's goal end up in our net? Did Pears let it squirm under his body?

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Circa 110 miles Burnley to Shrewsbury; 36miles Blackburn to Bradford, nearly 3 times farther. 

Pretty good for a small town in Yarkshire

Yes but it's not massive though is it which is what they claim to be everywhere they go.

Or maybe they are just no different to any other club around here.

Edited by tomphil

54 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Anyone who was at the game got any verdict on the players? Would like to know if Louie had a good game (stopping an equalizer at the end aside).

Each to a man did their job and very well - impressive debuts from the young lads and in Wharton and Garrett we have two super stars in the making. Massive shout for Louis A fabulous and composed . Great turn out 1500 plus away fans backed the team from first till last 👍👐

• Like 3

I quite enjoyed it tonight.

I expected the worst with the team we were going with, our obvious lack of depth, probably scarred from years past where the League Cup hasn't been a happy place for us.

I thought the team played some really good stuff at times and outclassed Bradford pretty much from start to finish. My only criticism would be failing to get the third and finish the game off and I was worried we would pay for that with them converting a late free kick or corner. Fortunately not.

Good to progress and good to see the younger lads getting the job done. Thought Morton's quality was clear even at CB which sums up where we are at as a club when we can't even find our own CB from our U23s to play so have to chuck in a midfielder on loan to play there.

Get it sorted and quick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Let’s be fair here. JDT is using the academy lads because he has no choice. Unless we want to go full strength and risk injuries to big players. You get beneath the first XI and this is what you’re left with.

Mowbray took me on a miserable 5 year journey that went nowhere. I will not be fair.

• Like 3

Excellent win tonight for the boys in blue. We played at a good tempo throughout and looked a level above Bradford. Some tasty challenges flying about in the first half but we stood up to them well. Ratings as follows:

Pears 6/10 Not a lot to do.

JRC 6/10 Solid enough performance but nothing special 

Morton 7/10 Great performance filling in at CB, looks like a real leader, excellent passing ability.

Annesley 6/10 a little shaky but did a good job overall and a fantastic goal saving challenge at the end

Edun 4/10 Poor. Gave the ball away a lot and seemed to have a poor attitude overall. Left back is clearly not his position but he really should be doing a lot better against a side of this quality if he wants to have any chance of getting into the first team

Adam Wharton 7/10 This kid has real potential, plays with a casual Grealish-esque style but has a real turn of pace & great skill when required.

Garrett 6/10 nothing remarkable but did a good job in midfield, again a lot of potential

Markanday 8/10 and my MOM, tricky, direct and good finish for his goal. Superb turn to beat 2 defenders in 2nd half & a run that almost resulted in a penalty when about to pull the trigger, was just outside the box though.

Dack 7/10 some decent touches and an excellent finish after a typical run into the box. Getting better but not the player he was pre-injury.

Dolan 6/10 tried hard and a good assist but for me his end product is poor

Vale 7/10 tireless running and pressing all night and a great run and assist for Markandays goal. 

Subs: No standouts but as always Diaz looked a cut above the rest 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tricky said:

Embarrassing if so, Bradford are league Two ffs 

Not really, he's itching to play a part in our league games but is never subbed on (bar reading)  

He scores in both his cup starts, plays very very well in both so I can get his frustration and trying to make a point to the management team

Have to say that I think we needed that to lift morale in the camp after two such abject League performances.

You can never win too many games, or progress through too many Cup ties for me. Bollux to: "We'd be better off out of it".

Well done to the second string! (and Bradley Dack)

Now give the manager (and players) some help!

• Like 1

Liverpool Twitter fans aren’t happy that we played Tyler Morton at CB, saying we are wasting his loan and should send him back! 😂 Surely tonight hasn’t done any harm to his development, in fact quite the opposite?

• Like 1