BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What's that, 4 Academy debuts this season?

JDT is going to blow Mowbray's record out of the water.

What was Mowbray's record?

Don't think there's too many more who are close to making their debuts as things look at the mo. Maybe Batty later in the season. Burns late in the season if he recovers in time but probably not. I suppose if the next round is 'easy' or the FA Cup draw is 'easy' we might see one or two more.

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Garret looks a real player, as does A Wharton , I'd be happy with them providing back up this season in midfield 

They both do look genuine talents, Wharton especially.

And I couldn't agree more with the 'under TM, we lose this game'.

Properly pleased for those young lads (and Dacky) tonight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That's an impressive win. A result that I was not expecting when the lineups came out. Credit to the lads for getting us into the next round.

Looking forward to seeing the draw. Another lower league side hopefully, I want the cup run to go on.

Yeah I think some of the youngsters proved they're not as terrible as some think they are. Not likely all of them will make it at Rovers but they definitely put up a good account of themselves.

Good win, have to say I didn’t expect it. I think Hughes got it wrong and should have pummelled the rovers defence with lots of high balls into box but there you go. Good to be in the draw again after the Mowbray years here’s hoping for a tasty home tie and something for the fans to look forward to

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What was Mowbray's record?

Don't think there's too many more who are close to making their debuts as things look at the mo. Maybe Batty later in the season. Burns late in the season if he recovers in time but probably not. I suppose if the next round is 'easy' or the FA Cup draw is 'easy' we might see one or two more.

Oh, Batty played against Hartlepool. 5.

Mowbray defenders harped on about how he utilised the Academy to it's fullest extent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh, Batty played against Hartlepool. 5.

Mowbray defenders harped on about how he utilised the Academy to it's fullest extent. 

Let’s be fair here. JDT is using the academy lads because he has no choice. Unless we want to go full strength and risk injuries to big players. You get beneath the first XI and this is what you’re left with.

• Like 1

Good result, regardless of Bradfords league status, to only concede one with that patched up defence is credit to the lads that played.

Sounds like Markanday and Dack did enough to merit some involvement at least at weekend. I'd be starting both especially if Hedges is out still.

Sharpe calling JRC out for praise too which is good to see...