BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Is there a clause in Hirsts contract? Not casting him off this early but don't feel he warrants a start based on recent showings. Maybe JDT just rates him.

He's got a point to prove now and wish him the best and hopefully gets on the scoresheet.

Yeah, i want to believe in Hirst, but his lack of goals, and poor Pk effort two games ago, I do not rate him highly. Again, I’d love to be proven wrong. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Right now we are weaker than we've been in a long time in my opinion, the manager needs time to rebuild and its some building job he's got!

I would like to know why you think this? For me, we have improved centre back and right back with the signings of Hyam and Brittain. I don't we weren't weaker in centre midfield than last season. For me, JDT is upgrade on Mowbray. 

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got them and nobody mentioned Mowbray.

Gav, you might not mention Mowbray directly but of course it's about Mowbray time here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got them and nobody mentioned Mowbray.

You are mentioning the squad of the last couple of seasons which Mowbray was in charge of.

Out of interest what did you see in the Fulham game that made our performance better than the thumping we got from Sheff United earlier this season?

A game in which we had a not long turned 17 year old playing at centre half due to injuries 

• Like 1

I feel like alot of our problems when we have played poorly have been when we have played players out of position or form and the other teams gets stuck into us from the start. It all starts to come apart and a panic sets in, there is a massive confidence and fear element when he don't start well and the opposition get in our faces. Tonight isn't the night for that. I'm a fan of Hedges but not where I want to see him at all. Strange our "top targets" in the window have only played bit parts so far and we are well into October. 

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I haven’t made my prediction yet, only to find, ALAS! Dan made it for me! 😂

I have to go on record with my own prediction, I’m no thief. We haven’t had a tie yet, it doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy, but, 

1-1. 

Prove me wrong, Rovers. 

We wont draw this season....

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to know why you think this? For me, we have improved centre back and right back with the signings of Hyam and Brittain. I don't we weren't weaker in centre midfield than last season. For me, JDT is upgrade on Mowbray. 

I agree with Chaddy, jury's out on Tomadon though

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I always get a bit suspicious of player who do well one in eight games....and then scores against relegation certs

Yeah, he did well in his last game but has been pretty poor in the games before that. 

Deffo willing to give him more chances but 1 in 8 isn't enough to convince he's a decent signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Don't get the Brittain situation. He's an actual right back (and a decent one at that).

Hedges won't play well as a RB forever.

JDT wants to give Hedges the freedom to move around in midfeld when we have posession and in that way having three at the back when we attack...

Hopefully JDT learns quicker than Mowbray and we do have a decent chance this year.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

Very nervous about this game, don't like losing to this lot, due a win at their ghastly ground but the line up is odd for me ..brittain if fit has to start every game he's a brilliant player and we look so much more balanced with him in the side 

Can't call this one but hopefully 2-0 Rovers 

• Like 1

• Backroom

So we bought Brittain to be backup for an out-of-position wide player at RB?

Honestly JDT is just as bad as Mowbray when it comes to selections. First red flag was when he persisted playing with Gallagher on wide right, but it's getting worse as time goes on.

With that said if we win I couldn't care less, pick whoever you want and play them wherever you want. If we lose then it would be pertinent for our resident journos to raise a question or two.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

What does Szmodics have to do to convince some people, goal and assist last time out.

Same again this evening would go a long way to quieting the doubters (including me!)

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

So we bought Brittain to be backup for an out-of-position wide player at RB?

Honestly JDT is just as bad as Mowbray when it comes to selections. First red flag was when he persisted playing with Gallagher on wide right, but it's getting worse as time goes on.

With that said if we win I couldn't care less, pick whoever you want and play them wherever you want. If we lose then it would be pertinent for our resident journos to raise a question or two.

Very fair.

Hirst has looked as bad as Brown and Ward, we’ve way better options. Even Gallagher is a much better option. Maybe Tony’s Tombola is superglued to the managers desk 🙄

Would love it if I’m proven wrong tonight, but the guy runs like he’s shat himself.