BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

Perhaps Nyambe saw the writing on the wall regarding game time when he met with JDT. If the manager made it clear he’d regularly use attacking players at right back, and if we were already in for Brittain, it would make sense he’d feel it was time to move on.

I'm guessing Brittain still isn't 100% after his injury, but them strange he's been on the bench so often?

Playing Hirst here might make sense; he did well in L1 last season & Wigan are more or less L1 opponents.

No reason why we can't win tonight, the dismal record there means nothing when the whistle goes, getting a win of any sort would be fantastic.

I'm going 1-2, BBD & Szmodics. 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I see McClean is still peddling his wares, some Rover is in for a kicking.

We have a very strong bench.

Hedges should be able to manage him. He's beyond limited these days. If he can't it's an even worse selection than we already think.

Still too early to read much into his selections IMO. He’s still finding out who buys into his philosophy and who can deliver it on the pitch. Hedges clearly ticks both boxes and can be trusted with a very complicated dual role. Szmodics clearly buys into it after his North Korean style quotes the other day, and definitely delivered it on Saturday, let’s see if he can tonight. Bucko probably needs a few months to forget all that false 9 shit and become a proper midfielder and I don’t think Dack buys into it at all. The management must be thinking about what they could do with Dacky’s and Sam’s £40k/week.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't start with Szmodics and I don't know why the awful Hirst merits a start either. The best footballer in the club, Brittain, is on the bench again.

If it works and we win that's fine. But it's odd

Agree with Hirst and although I think Szmodic has been a poor signing so far he scored and assisted in the last match and played well enough, he couldn't be dropped after that 

My view, without upsetting anyone, is that we can get away with blooding new, young inconsistent talent at Ewood, where the supportive crowd, and defensive opposition allow the odd poor performance, and mistake, but statistically we can't usually get away with it away from Ewood. 

This is my concern about playing Hirst. I understand that JDT is searching for the secret, the missing link, but surely tonight was about breaking the cycle of depressingly poor away performances, not keeping Leicester City happy. 

I hope my misgivings are unfounded, but the other 10 may now have to work 10% harder for the win. 

I'm nervous. Remind me I was wrong at 10pm please. 

COYB!!!!!

• Like 1