BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't want to set up a Hyam v Wharton argument - both are excellent at this level - Hyam has a record of 24 points from 13 games which is also excellent.

As is Ayala, all 3 when fit and on form are more than adequate at this level. Was just pointing out that I felt that the stat was somewhat misleading in that it wasn't just that Wharton was missing, but that for much of those games we were very short of alternatives, hence an over reliance on a 17 year old. If the alternative was a Hyam and Ayala partnership I suspect we would have done much better.

Not quite as bad as last year (off back of the Fulham debacle) but once again trying to sell cheap tickets for the “anniversary” game on the back of a woeful midweek performance. The playing staff don’t help the commercial side sometimes.

On the game itself, need to bounce back and give ourselves some confidence going into the massive game next week.

Some big selection decisions to be made.

Kaminski 

Hyam   Ayala   Wharton 

Brittain                                    Pickering

Morton    Buckley     Wharton

Dack

Brereton 

Pears, Carter, Mola, Travis, Dolan, Szmodics, Markanday/Garratt (pending appeal)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam(C) Wharton Pickering

Morton Wharton

Hedges        Szmodics        Brereton Diaz 

Gallagher 

Are Hedges and Gallagher expected to be fit?

I hope so, both are a big miss at the moment.

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

No makeshift right backs

No actual right backs at left back

No Brereton playing like an old fashioned winger

No strikers who are miles off the required standard

Less kamikaze passing in and around our own box

Don’t think any of the above is too much to ask. 

Please email this to the manager

Tomasson wasted 9 hours of my life and £75 in petrol and ticket money yesterday

• Like 9

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Please email this to the manager

Tomasson wasted 9 hours of my life and £75 in petrol and ticket money yesterday

The top point used to really bug me with Mowbray. It was always to our detriment when he inexplicably left Nyambe out for Bennett or Rankin-Costello.

It’s ridiculous that Tomasson seems to be doing the same thing. Brittain should be starting every game he is at least 75% fit for at right back/wing back. Sticking any old player in at right back to “do a job” is what you’d expect to see in an under 14s game at Blacksnape, not at Ewood Park in the Championship. I don’t know why it seems to only happen with right backs, but it makes the managers who do it look weak for accommodating players, or just plain stupid. 

58 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Are Hedges and Gallagher expected to be fit?

I hope so, both are a big miss at the moment.

Tomasson said that he hopes Gallagher is fit "before the World Cup" so must be a major doubt.

43 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

considering it`s £15 to watch chorley i think it`s a very good deal

It's not enough of a discount to really boost the crowd noticeably I wouldn't imagine.

If Chorley charge that much then I suspect that they are massively overcharging.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson said that he hopes Gallagher is fit "before the World Cup" so must be a major doubt.

It's not enough of a discount to really boost the crowd noticeably I wouldn't imagine.

If Chorley charge that much then I suspect that they are massively overcharging.

yes they are imo,but are still getting over a 1000 every home game,very well run club though,social club is always packed and the food around the ground is excellent

It’s a whole quid cheaper than what we charge for a night game. Of course it’s good to see a sensible price for a Saturday match for once, and we will see a decent enough gate as a result, but it isn’t a mega discounted price that would see a massive uplift on normal. 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

The top point used to really bug me with Mowbray. It was always to our detriment when he inexplicably left Nyambe out for Bennett or Rankin-Costello.

It’s ridiculous that Tomasson seems to be doing the same thing. Brittain should be starting every game he is at least 75% fit for at right back/wing back. Sticking any old player in at right back to “do a job” is what you’d expect to see in an under 14s game at Blacksnape, not at Ewood Park in the Championship. I don’t know why it seems to only happen with right backs, but it makes the managers who do it look weak for accommodating players, or just plain stupid. 

When we are second in the league experimental line ups and project tactics should take a back seat.

Cannot for the life of me understand managers and coaches who seem to prioritise squad development before the pursuit of points. Treat every game like it's your last, not like a training match.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes they are imo,but are still getting over a 1000 every home game,very well run club though,social club is always packed and the food around the ground is excellent

Nope they are now getting 8/900 where they were getting a 1000 + before and there is plenty angst at the price rises.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

£18.75 isn't a particularly great deal either.

Well I'm making the 350 mile pilgrimage tomorrow and I've just shelled out a tad over £60 for me, daughter, son in law and 2 kids to see a game from the JW, pretty cheap if you ask me?

• Like 5

It’s cheaper. The point is it’s not markedly cheaper than a lot of other games, so it won’t lead to some huge crowd on a cold and wet November day. But as long as the ground feels busier than normal, which it will, then all good.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s cheaper. The point is it’s not markedly cheaper than a lot of other games, so it won’t lead to some huge crowd on a cold and wet November day. But as long as the ground feels busier than normal, which it will, then all good.

Well it's almost a tenner cheaper in the JW upper outer so not to be sniffed at i expect a few more in there.

12/13k home fans is still low but an improvement on the last couple of home games.

Might draw a few more away fans as well.

‘Absolutely terrible fans’, ‘all this moaning about prices and it was still half empty’. ‘They’ve done all they can, make it £30 from now on’.

Not realising, of course, that say, 14k home fans is more than respectable when you only have 8,700 ST holders.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Absolutely terrible fans’, ‘all this moaning about prices and it was still half empty’. ‘They’ve done all they can, make it £30 from now on’.

Not realising, of course, that say, 14k home fans is more than respectable when you only have 8,700 ST holders.

When half our own fans don't understand our own fanbase it's no wonder those in suits at Ewood don't.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surprised to see the level of criticism on here for the two Wharton's - as has been pointed out by my sparring partner MP,  in general when Scott plays we win and when he doesn't we don't. Also although I only caught the second half last night I thought Adam was our most likely looking player so I certainly wouldn't be dropping him either. If anyone I'd be looking at Travis who gave the ball away time after time last night and seems to have completely lost his mojo.

I'm not sure either why people are clamouring for the return of Gallagher, he won't bring anything particular to the party, a classic case of a player improving in people's minds during their absence. We need BBD to pull out one final effort before the World Cup break and improve on his showing last night and then do what we failed to do last January and in the summer and sign a decent striker.

Gally having a very good season and is playing with confidence and scored our goal of the season so far vs Boro. A big miss for me if unavailable Saturday.

• Like 7