BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

14 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Seems bonkers that you have these multi club set ups, so Udinese buys him, he spends the season on loan at watford?

It's blatant cheating really. Those seasons they went up with Vydra, Forestieri etc. was nothing short of embarrassing.

The FA as usual did sweet fuck all.

Edited by Mellor Rover

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That’s goodbye on that deal then.

17days and still no signing Greggy boy…times running out and we need a midfielder & Striker yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Jdt is the antithesis of Mowbray.  Mowbray buys attacker after attacker but neglects the defence.  Jdt buys loads of defensive players but neglects attack

The funniest part. Mowbray was a defender.  Jdt was a striker 

Mowbray neglected both in his last two years.

Liked his wingers.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Just realised erdal rakip is available on a free great midfielder would add so much needed steel to the team and still a young age. 

Doesn't get a permit

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Bellamy and Elliot came with that ‘baggage’.

Far better players with better pedigree. They were worth the gamble talent wise. This is a championship player who flatters to deceive and given our particular current situation I wouldn't be too upset to steer clear.

24 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Far better players with better pedigree. They were worth the gamble talent wise. This is a championship player who flatters to deceive and given our particular current situation I wouldn't be too upset to steer clear.

But we aren’t fishing in the “far better players with far better pedigree” pond.

We now know how good bellamy was now. But when he came, his scoring rate was not brilliant at either Coventry or Newcastle, and his falling outs at Newcastle were high profile. I’d say his reputation as a very good premier league player started on an upwards curve at Ewood. Before that he was just decent with baggage. 

edit - not that I’m that fussed. But if he signs it’s one that could go either way to me.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But we aren’t fishing in the “far better players with far better pedigree” pond.

We now know how good bellamy was now. But when he came, his scoring rate was not brilliant at either Coventry or Newcastle, and his falling outs at Newcastle were high profile. I’d say his reputation as a very good premier league player started on an upwards curve at Ewood. Before that he was just decent with baggage. 

edit - not that I’m that fussed. But if he signs it’s one that could go either way to me.

Personally I'd like to take the gamble on Cantwell - but it looks like we've been priced out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Also RSC and McCarthy were exceptional proven quality. Not really sure how Hughes swung them. But thats part of what made him such a good manager. I mean he got shaquiri to go to Stoke!

• Like 1