BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Porteous should be focusing on how much he will be playing for his next club and what he can achieve there not just about the money

Money first, his very.next.game.could be the end of his career.  Rake in as much as possible, use it wisely.  Unlike me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Out of the 3 choices on the table for Porteous signing for rovers would represent the least ambition for the lad. 

Sadly very true. And the least financially lucrative.

If Udinese and/or Watford have a serious interest in him then there's no way he's coming here. 

• Like 1

On Waggott, would it be humanly possible to bring anyone worse in? I doubt it. Great post by J*B which just about sums him up. Imo we'll never succeed whilst he is here, all he seems interested in is shrinking and downsizing the Club.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On Waggott, would it be humanly possible to bring anyone worse in? I doubt it. Great post by J*B which just about sums him up. Imo we'll never succeed whilst he is here, all he seems interested in is shrinking and downsizing the Club.

Given his length of service don't you think it might be possible that he's simply doing the job that the people who employ him, and hired him, want him to do ?

• Like 1

You mean, shrinking the season ticket base to historically low levels, raising prices for a season when no-one could attend, removing affordable season tickets and failing with a scheme to flog off the training ground?

Edited by J*B
Altered wording by J*B to avoid being sued
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its my opinion. Just imaging going to Watford and sitting on bench for games after games but its great cos I earning loads of money but I miss playing regular first team football like I was doing before I joined here. 

You have such a rainbow and puppies view of the world.  Finances always come first.  It's a short career. I'm sure when he's retired and penniless he's going to be comforted by how many games he played for rovers as he throws his memories onto the fire to keep himself warm

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You mean, shrinking the season ticket base to historically low levels, raising prices for a season when no-one could attend, removing affordable season tickets and failing with an inherently fraudulent scheme to flog off the training ground?

I think @Mashed Potatoesis saying this is Maggots brief. 

This is what gets me. No one with and nous should or would do this, which is why its unfathomable he has done all of those things. No one could be that idiotic unless instructed to do so. 

And if instructed to do so he's still an utter low life for agreeing to do said stuff. 

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You mean, shrinking the season ticket base to historically low levels, raising prices for a season when no-one could attend, removing affordable season tickets and failing with a scheme to flog off the training ground?

Now that it is safe to reply, if what you say is correct why do the owners continue to employ the man if they find his actions objectionable ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Now that it is safe to reply, if what you say is correct why do the owners continue to employ the man if they find his actions objectionable ?

To state the bleedin' obvious, because they don't have a clue either

• Like 2

Perhaps I could substitute the words "intentionally misleading" then. Not sure how else to describe a plan which had the retention of Category 1 status as it's laim when that was not logistically possible.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Most players back themselves to break into the team where they are going to. Even if they don’t, I think I’d be happy being paid a million pounds a year to sit in the bench rather than playing regularly for 300k when I’ve no emotional attachment to either team.

This is the point that seems to get missed a lot. Not only will they back themselves but the club wanting to sign them in the first place would give them enough initial belief that they would be a success.

Better paid and far more likely to have a crack at the prem, it's a no brainer on his part.

• Like 1

In answer to MP - in general - it's becoming increasingly hard to argue against the suggestion that he is working to the owners remit. Otherwise aanyone with such a poor record would have been history long ago.

On Brockhall alone, that by his own admission was his brainchild and someone else must have pulled the plug on it.

In answer to Roverfan99, good question, plenty of money was spent in summer but if we had two successive January windows with minimal investment whilst placed (very) handily that would be indicative of a crippling lack of ambition from owners and management alike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't need another centre half. Striker who knows where the net is and a combative midfielder who can also play a bit please.

We'll need another CB in the summer when Ayala (and his big contract) leaves - this is just succession planning. 

There's no saying that Watford / Udinese are going to blow him out of the water with a contract offer either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In answer to Roverfan99, good question, plenty of money was spent in summer but if we had two successive January windows with minimal investment whilst placed (very) handily that would be indicative of a crippling lack of ambition from owners and management alike.

Owners maybe. But management can only move in the transfer market with the resources that are available to them so who knows what their ambition is ?

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That is almost certainly right - but it begs the obvious question of why anybody believes that getting rid of Waggott changes things since his successor is working to the same bunch of clowns. 

Very fair point. Until there is change at the very top not a lot is likely to improve.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We'll need another CB in the summer when Ayala (and his big contract) leaves - this is just succession planning. 

There's no saying that Watford / Udinese are going to blow him out of the water with a contract offer either.

Succession planning would be moving Phillips into the first team. (Wow quote