BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

A winger? One that has spent his career in the conference leagues bar Huddersfield where he hasn't set the world on fire either ... at 24 years old ..very big gamble on him, we have markandy, dolan, Hedges who can play wide 

Had a good season last year, a lot of assists and 6 this year in a poorly performing team. Under long term contract at HTFC but apparently frozen out and so more likely, a loan. Not a bad player but heartbreaking to see how low our club has fallen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

He wouldn’t last 5 minutes into his first game.

Particularly after his comments after the recent game with them.

Without the knuckle draggers connection, just the type we need, a bit of passion for the badge and likes a battle. As it is, the last team on earth that he would consider as the welcome would be far from warm.

2 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

I don't remember his football being particularly awful to be honest - maybe because I understood where the club was. Quick reminder that we brought in Benjani on a free and Mame Diouf on loan that summer.  If we spent £0.00 now there'd be absolute uproar, never mind when we were trying to stay in the toughest league in the world!

His football was effective, and judging by the players reactions at the time they were obviously not the least bit interested in how they got results.  This is Ryan Nelsen the day he was sacked;

"I am devastated for Sam. He had a fantastic relationship with all of the players. Everybody respected him.  Sam took the club out of the doldrums. We were in massive trouble and with no money he has solidified us and got us into the top ten on a shoestring budget.

We could and should have beat Bolton and we would have been seventh. This has come out of the blue. Both Sam and Neil McDonald have handled themselves incredibly well in difficult circumstances.

The owners can do what they want, it's their club, it's their business. But in the real world we work in Sam has done an incredible job.

The club had stalled for the past few seasons. The Walker Trust wanted and needed to sell. The club was a bit dead in the water. That's why Sam did an incredible job to keep us from relegation."

Some Rovers fans would have been best advised to 'read the room' instead of nailing their colours firmly to the Venky mast and tittering excitedly about Ian Holloway and Owen Coyle (another lesson learnt) 🤢.

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Watford boro Sunderland West Brom Norwich will all finish above us 

Glad to see you backing the club you support. 

54 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

It's a shame we're going to lose Diaz... our best player, our top bagger. He'll be tough to replace.

We could go for Siriki Dembele maybe? Or uncover a gem from the Scandi' leagues? Could be exciting actually! Who could we get?

Ronan f**king Curtis baby, RC11.

Who says Curtis is even a target? 

23 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Jackson reporting that we are close to our first signing. Sounds like an attacker, but not Undav or Gelhardt. Anybody any clues?

Shame about Brereton Diaz, but I felt it would always come to this. The writing was on the wall before Tomasson and Broughton came in.

Thanks for the link. I hoping its attacking player. Undav would be great but I'm sure they are plenty of players we looking at that aren't in the public domain

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think he's a poor footballer at this level, who at £2m cost a lot more than he should have. P'boro were going to send him on loan to Oxford 6 months before he joined us cos he couldn't get in their L1 team. I bet they can't believe their luck. 

He's not a patch on Dack. 

Each to their own I suppose

There's not a lot of players at this level who are a patch on him. He's an excellent footballer. Unfortunately, deals like him do not come across every day, and in reality you are looking at minimum £5m + to even get closes to a player of Dack's intelligence and ability these days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

There's not a lot of players at this level who are a patch on him. He's an excellent footballer. Unfortunately, deals like him do not come across every day, and in reality you are looking at minimum £5m + to even get closes to a player of Dack's intelligence and ability these days

Smods is apparently due back at the weekend. He'll probably score and prove me wrong. 

• Like 1

Don't know anything about Sorba Thomas but he finished with 12 assists in the Championship last season, behind only Wilson and Swift. 15 across all competitions. 

For what it's worth, our highest was Rothwell with 10, then Buckley with 7, then nobody.

• Like 5

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, J*B said:

J*B is 1 for 1 in the transfer window and is going for 2!

For clarification what's the 2? That 2 players will definitely be signed by Saturday?

Or something more specific on a particular player?

Just want to be clear on what I can attack you about when it doesn't come off!

19 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

There's not a lot of players at this level who are a patch on him. He's an excellent footballer. Unfortunately, deals like him do not come across every day

Surely you're not talking about Szmodics! He's alright, but, c'mon!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

He wouldn’t last 5 minutes into his first game.

Particularly after his comments after the recent game with them.

I didn't even know he'd made any comments.  What I saw was a striker who bullied our defence relentlessly and scored a very good goal.  He'd be bloody wonderful for Dack. 

Haven't got time for sensitivity when it comes to football banter.  He'll have been called far worse by Rovers fans - who cares if he gives a bit back.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silas said:

For clarification what's the 2? That 2 players will definitely be signed by Saturday?

Or something more specific on a particular player?

Just want to be clear on what I can attack you about when it doesn't come off!

Haha - I mean I said BBD to Villareal was done before most media and now i'm calling 2 new signings before Saturdays game.

I'll likely be wrong because its still early and hard to predict the future but I'll gamble on the below before Saturday:

1) We'll sign one player that hasn't been mentioned in the press as a target yet (all I've got - been told I 'can't have a name but the name hasn't been put in the press yet')

2) We'll sign one of Gerdalt / Undav on loan aligned to Vilarreal announcing BBD on a pre-contract to try and soften the blow

• Like 4

I don't mind szmodics although we definitely over paid. He seems like a good lad and gives his all. As for sorba there is definitely a player in there. We are desperate for a bit of pace but with an end product. The number of assists he's got would suggest he has it. If he's a bit cocky and brash good. We could do with some in that changing room and aslong as he backs it up. I dont care how much of a tit he acts.

• Like 2