BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All I hope is If he’s left footed - play him on the bloody left getting around teams. Not on the right running inside into trouble.

Saka cuts in from the right on his left foot all the time and is one of England's best players. Robben did the same at Bayern. Now I know our new lad isn't in their league but it can be effective 

13 minutes ago, den said:

You know the thinking in playing wingers on the wrong wing Tyrone. Full backs always want to send their winger wide and if wingers played on their “right foot” it would make it so much easier for the full back to do that. Plus obviously, cutting in onto their stronger foot gives them a much better chance of scoring.

Im sure you did know, but it’s hard to deny the logic.

Play the left footer on the left and the right footer on the right. Then, sometime during the game, switch them over. And, maybe later, switch them back again. So simple.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

Play the left footer on the left and the right footer on the right. Then, sometime during the game, switch them over. And, maybe later, switch them back again. So simple.

It's one of the players we needed a decent winger. Maybe we'll see more goals from BBD and Gallagher. We could still do with a defender and a striker who scores on a regular basis.

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Saka cuts in from the right on his left foot all the time and is one of England's best players. Robben did the same at Bayern. Now I know our new lad isn't in their league but it can be effective 

Maybe Saka is our new mystery signing Jim. I’d be thrilled for him to play on the “ wrong “ wing.

11 minutes ago, den said:

You know the thinking in playing wingers on the wrong wing Tyrone. Full backs always want to send their winger wide and if wingers played on their “right foot” it would make it so much easier for the full back to do that. Plus obviously, cutting in onto their stronger foot gives them a much better chance of scoring.

Im sure you did know, but it’s hard to deny the logic.

I know it's the modern fad but speaking personally I don't like wide men on the "wrong" side, when they cut in they're generally playing the ball in in front of the defence and it's meat and drink to clear.

Bowyer started this with Conway and Marshall and completely nullified them imo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know it's the modern fad but speaking personally I don't like wide men on the "wrong" side, when they cut in they're generally playing the ball in in front of the defence and it's meat and drink to clear.

To say Conway was nullified on the left wing is a controversial one! Didn’t he win most assists in the league one season?

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Thomas is something we simply don't have. His crossing is good as are his set pieces. He is defensively dilligent and can play off both feet. In my view he will improve us and that is why we sign players. 

So am I missing something! so unless there's an 'option to buy' why do they want to LOAN him out then if he's so good? I know they've signed a few players but you'd think they'd still want to either cash in on him or keep him around for competition

just looks like another Elliot bennet to me. Sorry to be sniffy but attacking wide players should be the least of our priorities right now

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It’s common sense. You get around the side of the defenders and get them running back towards their own goal it’s really difficult for them to watch the man with the ball and the man they’re marking.

Look at the goal Dack scored on Saturday. Morton got outside the defence, turned them around, and Dack just held his run and let the defenders run away from him.

Come inside and most of the time the defender can watch the man on the the ball  and the man they’re marking.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

To say Conway was nullified on the left wing is a controversial one! Didn’t he win most assists in the league one season?

It’s not controversial, it’s just plain incorrect! I don’t think he got too many assists in the league one season but I remember when he first joined us he was literally getting an assist every game! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s common sense. You get around the side of the defenders and get them running back towards their own goal it’s really difficult for them to watch the man with the ball and the man they’re marking.

Look at the goal Dack scored on Saturday. Morton got outside the defence, turned them around, and Dack just held his run and let the defenders run away from him.

Come inside and most of the time the defender can watch the man on the the ball  and the man they’re marking.

ffs.  Sorry, but can we please not stick to transfer talk in here. having to sift through pages of general jibber jabber like this is really sucky.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

So am I missing something! so unless there's an 'option to buy' why do they want to LOAN him out then if he's so good? I know they've signed a few players but you'd think they'd still want to either cash in on him or keep him around for competition

I’ve a feeling there some tension there with their manager.

He a long way to go in his contract. He plays well for us, he goes back to his club and basically his price tag increases…probably to a stage where we couldn’t afford him permanently.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

in essence,do the simple things well,most managers and coaches these days overcomplicate the game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

It’s not controversial, it’s just plain incorrect! I don’t think he got too many assists in the league one season but I remember when he first joined us he was literally getting an assist every game! 

Conway cross = Gestede goal

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely wrong. Gestede owed his £5m move to Conway cutting back on his right foot and sticking the ball on his head. The only time RG ever scored goals in his career was when Conway was supplying him. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

ffs.  Sorry, but can we please not stick to transfer talk in here. having to sift through pages of general jibber jabber like this is really sucky.

Touchy.

Let me summarise the first 26 days of the transfer window for you.

We are reported to be close to bringing in 24 year old Sorba Thomas from Huddersfield Town on loan for the rest of the season. No option to purchase.

Happy?

43 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

just looks like another Elliot bennet to me. Sorry to be sniffy but attacking wide players should be the least of our priorities right now

Bit mystified by the last paragraph and the comparison to Elliott Bennett . Can't see it myself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQU4xDUxfe7c&ved=2ahUKEwjX5YmC0eP8AhXPh_0HHZ6mBkEQsPgBegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw0hekl2v_7bLhSZyq-jDZpK