BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Project signings are a thing of the past really with the latest FFP. 

That’s as may be and I wasn’t saying he’ll end up here, but I’m interested to see where he ends up. I suspect he’s not gonna be up there for long, given the Gelhardt signing, is all.

54 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, I don't think anyone can argue that the club is set up to make a profit in any way.

If they really wanted a profit they'd be all in on promotion.

The last trick that the miscreants running our club can turn, is a profit ! Penny rich, pound foolish and the only way of reversing the fortunes and halting losses is to re engage with supporters and try and bring the club back to life, on and off the pitch.

• Like 4

So what is it 5 days to go? 

The usual tactics being deployed.

Miss out on everyone we actually want then get a few shitty nobodies on deadline day.

At this point the fans are desperate for incomings so literally anyone will do. The likes of Chaddy and fb massive try and put a positive spin on things.

We then proceed to tumble down the table and yet are supposed to renew or sign up for season tickets at inflated prices in a few months.

At least we can rejoice about a coach going to Watford and the players doing a really funny video on twitter saying what job they'd do if they hadn't become a footballer. Seriously if you haven't watched it, don't. 

These are absolutely dire times unless of course we're blown away by some transfer activity in the next few days (we won't be)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Miss out on everyone we actually want then get a few shitty nobodies on deadline day.

At this point the fans are desperate for incomings so literally anyone will do. The likes of Chaddy and fb massive try and put a positive spin on things.

We then proceed to tumble down the table and yet are supposed to renew or sign up for season tickets at inflated prices in a few months.

At least we can rejoice about a coach going to Watford and the players doing a really funny video on twitter saying what job they'd do if they hadn't become a footballer. Seriously if you haven't watched it, don't. 

These are absolutely dire times unless of course we're blown away by some transfer activity in the next few days (we won't be)

If only we had some sort of season break this year to allow us to actually be organised and have deals lined up to go at the start of January and find out who is actually going to be available 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If only we had some sort of season break this year to allow us to actually be organised and have deals lined up to go at the start of January and find out who is actually going to be available 

the world cup break must have been some jolly,we came back and it`s clear the staff did **** all and so did the players,judging by performances since the world cup

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The best run clubs plan ahead, do all the groundwork in November / December, get the deals lined up, negotiations done and dusted, and signatures only required in January. Then there are other clubs that fly by the seats of their pants and hope for the best

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Agreed. We will see x 1 Striker come in next week, probably the last day of trading and it will be a desperate loan.

I’m holding on just a little to see what happens in summer…. However my patience is wearing thin. Will be interesting to see who leaves and who we bring in for sure, but we’ve been here so many times and it’s getting really fustrating.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The best run clubs plan ahead, do all the groundwork in November / December, get the deals lined up, negotiations done and dusted, and signatures only required in January. Then there are other clubs that fly by the seats of their pants and hope for the best

I agree, my post was more a tongue in cheek go at us not being organised despite the extra weeks due to the World Cup 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said Mercer, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and I think we will signings we won't link with. We don't if Gelhardt was even first choice but he isn't a number 9 which I think we need. I think we will still sign at least 2 more. 

On Thomas, I think if he does well here we will sign him permanent in the summer. 

Given that Thomas is under contract until 2026, and  we have a budget of 50P and a bag of Revels, we probably won’t be able to afford him, especially if he does well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Pretty obvious promotion is NEVER on the agenda and the club is now just a profit machine. 

A profit machine? 🤣 I'm guessing you've never read any of the reports or posts about the annual financial statements then...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Given that Thomas is under contract until 2026, and  we have a budget of 50P and a bag of Revels, we probably won’t be able to afford him, especially if he does well.

watch him play really well,look a seriously good player go back to huddersfield and get a big money move to  someone else in the championship😄we`ve resurected him career and he ends up at one our rivals,thats the kind of club we are,run by idiots,charlatons and uninterested indians

• Like 2

Does anyone genuinely believe that this current squad will end up in the play offs? We need to add quality and again it’s looking like GB and SW are failing! 

it is so frustrating seeing the blatantly obvious seemingly being ignored. Our scouts honestly must be shocking. There is no imagination with any player we get linked with, the only players that weren’t previously known were Mola and  Zeefuik and they are shite.

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

Does anyone genuinely believe that this current squad will end up in the play offs? We need to add quality and again it’s looking like GB and SW are failing! 

it is so frustrating seeing the blatantly obvious seemingly being ignored. Our scouts honestly must be shocking. There is no imagination with any player we get linked with, the only players that weren’t previously known were Mola and  Zeefuik and they are shite.

absolutely no way on gods green earth that this current squad can hold on to a top six place,we need midfielders and a centre forward who can finish

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

No chance, squad is a good £6-8 million short as is.