BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

A quick Google search suggests he is close to joining WBA according to multiple news sites.

Which is why I find this nixon article baffling, i saw over twitter from various sources he was close to WBA ..would of taken nixon seconds to research that ..baffling

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Which is why I find this nixon article baffling, i saw over twitter from various sources he was close to WBA ..would of taken nixon seconds to research that ..baffling

If we are actually interested then why are we late to the show…again….like every transfer….probably an excuse for broughton to showcase to fans “well we did try to bring them in”

10 hours ago, unsall said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, took nigh on 3 years for Walker trust to find someone when we were only £20 mil in debt. Would be nice if there was someone out there to take over but I’m not so sure there would be a queue…

Anyway back to topic, who we bringing in the next few days, not many names being banded  about, need a pacy striker, experienced midfielder ( not over the hill) I do think they will get a couple in but we might have to let a couple out to finance it, unfortunately..

Let's be clear about this. If the Rovers went into administration tomorrow owing say £240 million (£20 mill x 12 years of chicken chokage), who is in the list of creditors looking for their money back? 

That's right. Just a short queue of Indian chicken farmers.

OK certain assets such as Ewood Park, the goodwill and jobs of a few employees and player contracts might be at risk, but there are so many even local examples of clubs rising from the ashes of administration and retaining their identity, that I really don't think the spirit and essence of our club would be threatened in any meaningful way by this.

CHICKEN CHOKERS OUT for me.

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Whoever sanctioned the morton loan should be interogated. 

The same arsehole syphons 6 grand a week to 'run' the shit show - in the time honoured referee-taunting chant from the terraces, all together now, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.."

VENKSTERS OUT 🤨

12 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Whoever sanctioned the morton loan should be interogated. 

As Sharpe says in the LT today, JDT sees Morton as integral to the way Rovers play. 

Our CM's are more like DM's. They just sit in front of the back 4, get the ball and move it on. Buckley's instruction seems to hit the killer ball as often as possible, whereas Morton seems to just play square/back and keep possession.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They just sit in front of the back 4, get the ball and move it on. Buckley's instruction seems to hit the killer ball as often as possible, whereas Morton seems to just play square/back and keep possession.  

Except he isn't very good at that, is he? 

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
Fat round and increasingly absent from the ground

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Surely one aspect of being a dm, is the ability to handle physical pressure. Buckley and morton have no physical bite. So often we get overrun

Exactly, which goes back to the 'project'....if we want success and JDT is the man to bring it then he's going to need his own players. 

8 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Except he isn't very good at that, is he? 

As above, Morton adds very little defensive cover...he's also young and prone to mistakes. He's clearly a good technical footballer though, but looks very much the product of modern Academies.

25 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Let's be clear about this. If the Rovers went into administration tomorrow owing say £240 million (£20 mill x 12 years of chicken chokage), who is in the list of creditors looking for their money back? 

OK certain assets such as Ewood Park, the goodwill and jobs of a few employees and player contracts might be at risk, but there are so many even local examples of clubs rising from the ashes of administration and retaining their identity, that I really don't think the spirit and essence of our club would be threatened in any meaningful way by this.

Bring it on. Now.

33 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Rovers don't owe anybody 200m or whatever the figure. That's all share capital so unless somehow that was converted in to a loan to the tune of, we would basically be debt free.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Add in that we wouldn’t have anywhere to train as Venkys own that separately, not the club. 

45 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Spot on.

Our situation doesn't get any better until they sod off, its only going to get worse. 

Someone mentioned Bolton and Blackpool yesterday, I watched some of the Bolton game away at Charlton, big away support and the team pulling up trees in the league, I'd take that right now to get rid of virus running through the club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, unsall said:

What evidence and what names.

The only evidence anyone can rely on is what has happened elsewhere. It is a fact that in our time out of the PL many other Clubs have been taken over and got rid of awful owners. All have survived and many improved. Some have stayed largely the same. None have gone bankrupt. 

Forest (x2), Derby (x2), Wigan (x2), Blackpool, Bolton, Birmingham, Reading, Charlton (x2), Bournemouth, Sunderland, Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Ipswich, Portsmouth - there are others but those sort of clubs are most comparable to us. 

Bury is a special case and should in no way be comparable to Rovers. Far smaller club, in a much lower league, and all sorts of dodgy goings on there which prevented any takeover being completed.

Of course I, as a mere fan, do not have 'evidence' of potential buyers. Partly because no prospective buyer of a club is going to contact me or anyone else on here and inform us of that interest, secondly because until the Club is for sale nobody is going to take any serious steps to do anything about it.

But just because there aren't people publicly stating interest in a Club that isn't for sale doesn't mean there is no alternative to Venkys. 

It's like having a house, never putting it up for sale with an estate agent, then saying there's nobody in the world who would buy it on the basis nobody has knocked at the door and made an offer to buy it. Until it is available and people know about it they won't come forward.

It's like groundhog day. Years ago I was being told that Bolton, Wigan and Blackpool were the prime examples of similar Clubs to ourselves, all were in financial strife from previous ownership and people were telling me we should be grateful to have Venkys or we'd go a similar way.

Fast forward all those clubs survived, all bounced back, 2 are in our league and the other may well join us next season, all are getting better crowds than us, are carrying much less debt than us. So that myth has been busted. And yes I'm aware that at this moment in time we are higher than them all in the league table. But I am referring to the bigger picture of ownership not recent results.

• Like 7