BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

10 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Accepting the fact that Morton has made some individual errors that have proved costly (yesterday chief amongst them, it was right in front of my temp seat in the JW Upper & was suicidal), he's not alone in that.  Can I suggest to those criticising why we signed Morton that they listen to GB"s interview with the Assoc of Sporting Directors that is posted elsewhere on this forum?

It explains exactly why he was signed, which was to bridge the gap between experienced midfielders leaving at the end of last season & the likes of Wharton & Garrett coming through. He's 12 months ahead of both in his overa development & age, so a 12 month loan made sense given the budget & timescales GB & JDT had to work to, but next season will likely be founded on Wharton, Garrett, Travis& Buckley plus 1 other. To me that's rational, common sense, forward / succession planning which has been missing from this club for a decade.

Additionally, Morton himself has said on record that he wasn't expecting this many appearances, so it can hardly have been written into his deal that he gets them! The main reason for that has been the drop off-in form of Buckley & Travis, which proves that reliance on just your own (younger) players isn't always successful so loans are required to supplement that, like all other clubs at our level given the fact that established Prem clubs have about 40 senior players in their books at any one time

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory about penalties for lack of minutes, jobs for the boys, stats over eyes etc??

Very good post and your make very valid points here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

New left back required 

2 New Midfielders needed

1 (maybe 2) Strikers needed.

Imagine we will get 1 midfielder and 1 "attacker". Come the summer we will need other places filled. Then next January the same and round and round we go. We just don't seem to have the forward thinking to sort each position, when we had decent strikers the defence was in bits ..when the defence was in a good place the attack wasn't up to it.

Its like revamping your house. You sort the bathroom and kitchen but you leave it so long or use cheap materials when doing the bedroom or living room that the house just never seems to be up to the required standard. Before long the bathroom and kitchen need addressing again. It's poor planning basically.

Or failing that , a system of play that suits our squad.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not sure why having a game on Tuesday affects things. If Broughton and his team are in charge of recruitment they can stay in Lancashire to complete deals and JDT and team go to Birmingham for the match.

Hope this won't be the latest excuse for a failed transfer window.

I don't think it will affect us at all given our current set up. However it is ridiculous games are being played on deadline day. I seem to remember in years gone by deadline day was shifted if it fell on a game day. It will certainly effect some clubs. And who's to say there isn't a club we're looking to sign a player from and it becomes difficult for them to sanction a deal because they are playing.

• Like 1

CM isn't the problem.

It's a lack of in-form strikers.

Brereton appears to have dropped Diaz from his name.

Gallagher simply isn't good enough. He has one hell of a strike on him but isn't intelligent enough to consistently get in to positions to unleash shots. Nor can he be trusted on-the-ball outside the area, he loses it every time. Needs moving on.

Vale shows willingness but needs a year out on loan to 'toughen up'.

We need two strikers, who can be trusted on and off the ball, in the next three days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He’s said he “reckons there’s a chance of one” before deadline…that’s not even 100%….

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

98337A81-4266-464A-B897-0B84DED5E42B.png

He said one before 'deadline day' i.e. today or tomorrow, not one before 'deadline' i.e. Tuesday at 11pm.

So one signing tomorrow and then 'see what happens thereafter' i.e Tuesday,  is what I think he's saying.  

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He said one before 'deadline day' i.e. today or tomorrow, not one before 'deadline' i.e. Tuesday at 11pm.

So one signing tomorrow and then 'see what happens thereafter' i.e Tuesday,  is what I think he's saying.  

It doesn't really matter who says what. It only counts when a player actually signs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

CM isn't the problem.

Gallagher simply isn't good enough. He has one hell of a strike on him but isn't intelligent enough to consistently get in to positions to unleash shots. Nor can he be trusted on-the-ball outside the area, he loses it every time. Needs moving on.

We need two strikers, who can be trusted on and off the ball, in the next three days.

Repectfully, I disagree.

CM is where you control games from. Our CM's are as weak as the proverbial.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Not a chance he comes here.

Reading his comments this morning replying to people its seems like Rovers were interested in him but seems like WBA are first in line for him so we ask about him but move on from him being a target

39 minutes ago, Tom said:

Burnley just brought in Obafemi on loan with a view, took a while to settle at Swansea after us missing out previously but a good championship forward 

Player who has attitude problems and his 2 last coaches have both the same. Russell Martin has dropped him several times over it. Is that the sort of player we want?

46 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Accepting the fact that Morton has made some individual errors that have proved costly (yesterday chief amongst them, it was right in front of my temp seat in the JW Upper & was suicidal), he's not alone in that.  Can I suggest to those criticising why we signed Morton that they listen to GB"s interview with the Assoc of Sporting Directors that is posted elsewhere on this forum?

It explains exactly why he was signed, which was to bridge the gap between experienced midfielders leaving at the end of last season & the likes of Wharton & Garrett coming through. He's 12 months ahead of both in his overa development & age, so a 12 month loan made sense given the budget & timescales GB & JDT had to work to, but next season will likely be founded on Wharton, Garrett, Travis& Buckley plus 1 other. To me that's rational, common sense, forward / succession planning which has been missing from this club for a decade.

Additionally, Morton himself has said on record that he wasn't expecting this many appearances, so it can hardly have been written into his deal that he gets them! The main reason for that has been the drop off-in form of Buckley & Travis, which proves that reliance on just your own (younger) players isn't always successful so loans are required to supplement that, like all other clubs at our level given the fact that established Prem clubs have about 40 senior players in their books at any one time

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory about penalties for lack of minutes, jobs for the boys, stats over eyes etc??

Edit: that post wasn't directed at you Exiled by the way, I realise on re-reading that it could've come across that way!!

Always nice to see a bit of balance.

Morton is clearly the current whipping boy when plenty of others in the team have regressed somewhat. Morton will have a good career but admittedly requires further development in decision making and physicality. 

Anyone suggesting he's League one standard at best I think will ultimately be proved wrong.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

CM isn't the problem.

I have to disagree CM manage the game. Our midfield AND defence spend so much time knocking back and forth that the opposition have time to set themselves up to defend. Our forwards are then trying to to beat two and three defenders at a time. The CM need to know when to support the defence, when to slow a game down and when to stretch and game. Take a look at yesterday Dack was constantly looking forward and was JRC, Buckley did try (crazy that he was pulled rather than Morton) but all the out balls went mostly to Morton who EVEN when there was no one around him knocked the ball back to the defence. Birmingham could then get two banks of four around our forwards. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's how I read it as well

• Like 1