BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 minutes ago, alcd said:

Paul McKinnon was the all-time low. We're getting close though. 

Arguable. Ronnie Hildersley from a club seeking re-election to the league on a free runs it close. Although Bobby Saxton signing the opponents centre forward when he went to look at Andy Mutch is a close call. 

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Arguable. Ronnie Hildersley from a club seeking re-election to the league on a free runs it close. Although Bobby Saxton signing the opponents centre forward when he went to look at Andy Mutch is a close call. 

At least Ronnie scored a goal for us. McKinnon scored an own goal so ended up leaving us owing us a bloody goal!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alcd said:

Paul McKinnon was the all-time low. We're getting close though. 

Think it would be a toss up between him and Sean Curry!"  Think we paid Liverpool £10,000 (or they paid us - reverse premium!) and in all honesty, I've seen better at Pleasington!

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Once again, for those at the back…

I, like many others here, are not ‘ITK’, there’s about 4 people at the club that always know what is going on, that’s it. I am simply posting rumours / tips that people with any sort of credibility are passing on. Which is mostly well received — and entirely what internet forums are for. 

For every “Brereton is signing for Villarreal, Dani Ayala is having a medical, Sorba Thomas has signed” there will absolutely be one’s that are wrong, either through bad info or changes of plans. You can seemingly put Iling Junior in the same bracket, there looks to be nothing happening there either.

It can’t be any clearer and I find the enjoyment people get out of people not always being right is very odd. Give credit to @unsall , he was told there was a French player coming for a medical and clearly that was right. Numerous other WhatsApp / Twitter groups had already said there was an interest in Ike Ugbo, two and two was put together and we got 5. It really is as simple as that.

Let’s not forget numerous actual ITKs have stopped posting here - giving really good info - because they can’t be arsed with the attitude of “you were wrong, you know nothing!” if they get one wrong. 

F8F16E72-5A0E-4759-89B9-DC9C9D77843D.jpeg

Is our manager in that 4, cos sometimes it feels like he's not. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Think it would be a toss up between him and Sean Curry!"  Think we paid Liverpool £10,000 (or they paid us - reverse premium!) and in all honesty, I've seen better at Pleasington!

Curry definitely pissed on his chips with most of the fans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Brilliant post. The mental gymnastics some posters indulge in to absolve the recruitment department of any responsibility is truly something to behold.

Wow, I bet you're fun at parties. There's being realistic and then there's being negative for negative's sake. I can imagine some were just as miserable during the Souness years under John Williams. Direct your ire toward the Venky's and co, not GB and his team until they window is out. Then again, do what you want it's a message board as many say.  We just know so much more now so the opportunity to moan and spit bile is more than ever. 

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Isn't that part of a message board function - to speculate, to discuss, to criticise, to praise and many other things. There is no evidence that Tomasson is either happy or unhappy. It's opinion and subject to speculation and discussion. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Slightly patronising tone here - I agree, it's part of a wider behaviour associated with social media, instant content, instant reaction - but I see in the stands in real life. There's critsiscm and then there's calling people a "fucking joke". I get we're all frustrated, but why double down on it. 

I do take it seriously, I'm upset about what's happened to the club - this all makes it worse.

...and I'll do it for you: "maybe you should stay off the forums then" 🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What little muppet he turned out to be, not stereotyping at all but he did end up playing the victim because Rovers actually expected him to turn up and honour his contract.

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Personally I’m sick of loans, know it’s the modern way but still not the same feeling getting a loan deal in than a permanent transfer.

if we end up with a prem league youngster it’s all a bit meh 

Khadra was clapped by those around me in the Jack Walker on Saturday when he took a corner.

I asked why they were clapping a loan - he was never our player. 

• Like 2

I think Broughton is struggling and clearly out of his depth.

The ability of 'a fixer' to get the deal over the line is key - we don't want excuses just feckin results.

Let's not forget, the window lasts 31 days and here we are scrambling about with 36 hours to go...........so much for planning!  As the saying goes, fail to plan plan to fail.

There are something like 130,000 professional footballers world wide yet our recruitment team seem unable to find at least 2 or 3 players who would improve our team.   There is simply no excuse for our recruitment team - I think they are shambolic. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t see any other way tbh. As far as I can see we have today to agree a deal with a foreign club and get a player on a flight ready for negotiations and a medical tomorrow morning before the manager has to set off to Birmingham. That’s pretty much unrealistic already IMO. 

I notice Nicko has described us as “dreamers” when asked if we can expect any signings today…

Yeah we won't be bringing anyone in now. This French lad was clearly the last chance saloon - someone available that Broughton was familiar with.

We were gazumped for Geldhart and Undav has backed his chances of getting into the Brighton team with all their injuries. That's three options they've failed on - we won't have any others lined up, especially not in the time left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Once again, for those at the back…

I, like many others here, are not ‘ITK’, there’s about 4 people at the club that always know what is going on, that’s it. I am simply posting rumours / tips that people with any sort of credibility are passing on. Which is mostly well received — and entirely what internet forums are for. 

For every “Brereton is signing for Villarreal, Dani Ayala is having a medical, Sorba Thomas has signed” there will absolutely be one’s that are wrong, either through bad info or changes of plans. You can seemingly put Iling Junior in the same bracket, there looks to be nothing happening there either.

It can’t be any clearer and I find the enjoyment people get out of people not always being right is very odd. Give credit to @unsall , he was told there was a French player coming for a medical and clearly that was right. Numerous other WhatsApp / Twitter groups had already said there was an interest in Ike Ugbo, two and two was put together and we got 5. It really is as simple as that.

Let’s not forget numerous actual ITKs have stopped posting here - giving really good info - because they can’t be arsed with the attitude of “you were wrong, you know nothing!” if they get one wrong. 

F8F16E72-5A0E-4759-89B9-DC9C9D77843D.jpeg

All tongue in cheek, I got it for the Rothwell to Brentford rumours with the Danish midfielder coming the other way. Anything that gives us a break from debating Sam Allardyce is welcome, even if you did make it up 😉 

10 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Wow, I bet you're fun at parties. There's being realistic and then there's being negative for negative's sake. I can imagine some were just as miserable during the Souness years under John Williams. Direct your ire toward the Venky's and co, not GB and his team until they window is out. Then again, do what you want it's a message board as many say.  We just know so much more now so the opportunity to moan and spit bile is more than ever. 

Slightly patronising tone here - I agree, it's part of a wider behaviour associated with social media, instant content, instant reaction - but I see in the stands in real life. There's critsiscm and then there's calling people a "fucking joke". I get we're all frustrated, but why double down on it. 

I do take it seriously, I'm upset about what's happened to the club - this all makes it worse.

...and I'll do it for you: "maybe you should stay off the forums then" 🤣

I too take the football serious and go through the whole gamut of emotions during the game and in the aftermath. I hurt too for what has happened to our club through these wretched people but I like the gossip and opinions and welcome them whilst mentally disagreeing with lots of them. Disseminating them might do your health a favour 😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Broughton is struggling and clearly out of his depth.

The ability of 'a fixer' to get the deal over the line is key - we don't want excuses just feckin results.

Let's not forget, the window lasts 31 days and here we are scrambling about with 36 hours to go...........so much for planning!  As the saying goes, fail to plan plan to fail.

There are something like 130,000 professional footballers world wide yet our recruitment team seem unable to find at least 2 or 3 players who would improve our team.   There is simply no excuse for our recruitment team - I think they are shambolic. 

Ok I will pop it back to you.

All the funds they have is £10k a week from the release of Hirst to bring in the players that's it this month. No additional funds from Venky's. 

The recruitment team and GB must also knock a £100k a week of next season's players budget, so no new deals for Ayala and Dack I would expect.

So how would you pull the rabbits out of these hats you expect all these amazing players to come from within our budget.

• Like 6

Used to have someone in the club that fed me itk stuff but he is away after covid and now the club keep what’s going on very close to their chest as they know that rivals have bigger war chests than us so need to keep it hush hush until we get the player through the door. I have no issue with this.

did get a tad frustrating when you posted info and it didn’t come off to get the tripe back even though you know that it’s had efforts put to making it happen. 

appreciate all the heads up posters give here and will never criticise if they don’t come off 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Personally I’m sick of loans, know it’s the modern way but still not the same feeling getting a loan deal in than a permanent transfer.

if we end up with a prem league youngster it’s all a bit meh 

Sadly, the whole loan (shark) ponzi scheme is a construct of the greed at the top of the game whereby the big clubs, not simply content with hoovering up all the best current talent, then can't resist getting their grubby hands on the next-gen talents too.

Frankly, it stinks, and the sooner the footballing authorities do something about it the better for the game as a whole. 

Personally I'd limit the maximum under of under -21 players they can sign/register and also stop their ability to ask for loan fees and/or wage contributions  if only to level the playing field just a bit... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

I'd still like to see us go for Siriki Dembele on loan. He was excellent against us, and I think it would be a realistic move. Time is a ticking.

anyone who can muster a fast jog looks good against us...............Rovers must be the slowest set of plodders in the league

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phili said:

All the funds they have is £10k a week from the release of Hirst to bring in the players that's it this month. No additional funds from Venky's. 

The recruitment team and GB must also knock a £100k a week of next season's players budget, so no new deals for Ayala and Dack I would expect.

So how would you pull the rabbits out of these hats you expect all these amazing players to come from within our budget.

Honestly if the mandate is to clear another £100k a week off the wage bill when we're already in the bottom third in the league there then you might as well just gear up for relegation. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, phili said:

Who on earth are we going to get rid of after Ayala and Dack to cut the wage bill? (About 30-40k for the pair?)

Imagine the only other one near there salaries is Gallagher, and nobody is paying cash for him.

8 minutes ago, phili said:

Is £100k/week playing staff reductions a hypothetical here or do you know something for definite?

• Like 1