BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So nothing to do with you recruiting players? 

Biggest cost for any football club is player related so why would you have an all encompassing strategic review and exclude that huge element of cost?!

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

The new rules dictate that the 'squad cost ratio' should be at 70% and there's also stuff in there limiting the amount of years you can spread instalment payments over. FFP is being changed to FSR - Financial Sustainability Regulations. There's a new 'No Overpayment Rule' where clubs' accounts will be checked every quarter to make sure all bills are being paid on time, rather than just assessed every financial year when clubs release their accounts with fiddly work having been done.

There is going to be a cap on agents fees at >5% of the transfer fee in total, which is going to radically change that side of the industry. UEFA has the right to deduct points from teams under the new rules also. 

For wages to turnover rule change, in 2023/24 the cap will be 90 per cent, in 2024/25 it will be 80 per cent and from 2025/26 it will be 70 per cent. For reference, in 2019/20 Blackburn Rovers' wage to turnover was 200%...

So the reason the wage budget has to keep coming down is to make sure that we're compliant. MANY Championship clubs will not be.

Do you have a link with the detail of the new rules as I have some questions, specifically :

1. Does "wages" include employer national insurance contributions and any pension contributions ?

2. Whose wages ? Is it all employees or just players ?

3. Are there any exceptions like, say, home grown players under the age of 21?

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Pretty depressing round these parts today, when expectation are low due to experience it helps to soften the blow. Hopefully tomorrow brings a few surprises, we shall see.

Going to get even more depressing tomorrow when we are spanked by brum and few hours later we have signed no one and are left with Vale and Gallagher to lead the line 😭

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Same old Rovers. Not sure if Broughton is entirely to blame, or if he has been trying but the Venky scum and Waggott have been slow in saying yes and getting things done.

It has been this way ever since Agent Anderson and his crooks have left and had no more players to quickly buy. And it will be this way until Venkys eff off.

Have they gone?

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

They were all encompassing strategic reviews - didn't know you were involved Chaddy, you should have introduced yourself!

So that would be no to my questions. That all I wanted to know. 

Sadly, I have no interest in working in Football. I am Rovers fan and very keen interested in reading and watching Football documentaries and autobiographies 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You yourself said that we should have a big shortlist of various targets that fit the criteria we want.

But yet again we don't know how many of that shortlist aren't available or have already move clubs or won't move in this window. Like I keep saying so many different variables involved in football that you simply don't take into account in any of your posts. 

We have gambled on 2 targets that we havent managed to conclude which is a gamble. IF we dont get a striker at all, that isnt excusable considering aforementioned shortlist.

How was it gamble to move for Undav and Kone? 

I did asked you very simple question but you failed to even answer which disappointed me

If we dont sign a striker its simply unacceptable, end of. 

That's were I have to disagree there as I think unless you have all the info/facts about the transfer window and what actually during it then that sort of comments is unwarranted

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

No money to spend. Not even a couple of mill. And expect to get a centre forward to lead the line. If we had another Sam Gallagher money lying around that would be good

And why don't we have money to spend? It's because someone near the top of the tree dropped the ball in allowing 4 first teamers worth a combined £15-£20m to leave for £0 in a 12 month period, rather than realising in good time that they weren't signing new deals so ought to be sold to realise a return on investment that could reinvested in the squad.

That same person / persons have also alienated 50% of the club's fanbase in the last decade through showing no understanding of how to run a football club in this country.

It goes back to our esteemed owners, let's not pretend that GB & JDT are the real bad guys here, they're just trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. To expect them to do that in 6 months is entirely unrealistic, yet we're still in a playoff spot & the draw for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Give them some bloody credit people!! 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So there were meetings with Venky's in December and that was the supposed outcome.

At one stage, we were close to signing Porteous, Undav and Haikin - absolutely no way those deals would been sealed with a total £10k pw budget.  If that was the case, Whalley Wines would make Broughton an offer he couldn't refuse as surely he would be capable of turning water into wine!!!

I called those out as red herrings a week ago. Names disseminated via club plants and connections to pacify the masses. Rovers have fake news down to a tee.

17 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Have they gone?

Shape shifters

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

No chance. Deal's already done.

There isn't 'no chance'. If they want, Villareal could now give us a lowball offer for him to move immediately. I doubt they will, but it's possible until we hear otherwise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

There isn't 'no chance'. If they want, Villareal could now give us a lowball offer for him to move immediately. I doubt they will, but it's possible until we hear otherwise.

There’s ‘no chance’ Villarreal pay £15 million. He’s going nowhere.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

That's terrible...what if and a big if we go up to the Premier League? Why sign a deal before the season ends?

Champions league football is a possibility. And he’ll be well remunerated. 

2 hours ago, phili said:

Ok I will pop it back to you.

All the funds they have is £10k a week from the release of Hirst to bring in the players that's it this month. No additional funds from Venky's. 

The recruitment team and GB must also knock a £100k a week of next season's players budget, so no new deals for Ayala and Dack I would expect.

So how would you pull the rabbits out of these hats you expect all these amazing players to come from within our budget.

Well at least we know what the project is now and why these low grade operators are here, more managed decline.

Only in Venky land could they expand the backroom staff then cut the playing budget.  Why not start with the 300k Waggot steals as a living ?

How do they have the nerve to do that yet let what will be at least 20 million of talent walk for nothing by summer when BBD leaves.  The piss is well and truly being taken again and i thought when they didn't retain Mowbray and Venus it would be more of a cost cutting move than a football one.

• Like 2