BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Had a busy day. Only been able to check in on here sporadically. Its half 5. Really expected to have a couple of players in the door by now. The longer it goes on the more pessimistic I become.

I wouldn't worry about that. Deals get done hours before they come out sometimes. Rich is on his way down to Birmingham, we're only going to find out about things half an hour before they're officially announced.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Deals get done hours before they come out sometimes. Rich is on his way down to Birmingham, we're only going to find out about things half an hour before they're officially announced.

Can our official socials not announce anything? Whys it reliant on Sharpe?

2 hours ago, Realistic Rover said:

Sharpe suggesting there are 3 strikers who haven’t been named yet, that we are “assessing”

That's good to hear - no rush.

I will lose my shit even more than I have already been doing about the recruitment process if tonight's game is wheeled out as an excuse for not being able to get business done in time at the end of a 31 day window.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can our official socials not announce anything? Whys it reliant on Sharpe?

They haven't had the courage to announce BBD's pre contract agreement yet assuming it's genuine. Allegedly trying to water it down by announcing it alongside another signing. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I will lose my shit even more than I have already been doing about the recruitment process if tonight's game is wheeled out as an excuse for not being able to get business done in time at the end of a 31 day window.

I'd start getting mentally prepared for that loss of shit if I were you! 

• Like 1

I’m desperately trying to work out if I can put together a BRFCS therapy and support session over Zoom this evening. I’m thinking meditation, positive reinforcement chanting, yoga then a self observation discussion. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's good to hear - no rush.

Prepare for a torrent from Revidge. Those living in the Bastwell, Whalley Range, Buncer Lane and Witton areas are advised to close all windows and doors, seal around letterboxes and door frames and to place inflatable boats on the second or third floors of property, as the foul stream flows inevitably and inexorably downhill past them, ending in a slippery streak just North of Nuttall Street.

Or we may be saved at the death by the incoming of a messiah or two, the likes of which have ne'er been seen gracing the hallowed turf of Ewood Park..

'scuse me a minute.. I need to nip out for an inflatable boat.

Just now, J*B said:

I’m desperately trying to work out if I can put together a BRFCS therapy and support session over Zoom this evening. I’m thinking meditation, positive reinforcement chanting, yoga then a self observation discussion. 

It;'s going to need more than that..

9 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Where are the bargain clever signings from Scandinavia ffs? Kompany seems to pull them out the hat for that lot from Belgium, why can't we do the same?

A lot of that is down to the post Brexit work permit criteria, Belgium's top division appearances count much more to work permit points than any Scandinavian division.  So 'unknown' players in Belgium qualify for work permits whilst players based in Scandinavian divisions have to be full (and regular) internationals in order to qualify, and therefore Scandinavian based players (who would qualify for a work permit) are already known to other clubs (and more expensive)

Simplistic explanation, but that's basically it

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was hoping the match might provide a distraction…. but I suspect it will only further highlight the glaring areas for improvement in the squad. Gallagher nailed on to have an absolute nightmare and Morton with another assist for the opposition.