BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

When is the next fans forum with the management team (or is there one)?

Every single one of these conmen need to be made answer for this utter shit show in that meeting.

Again i'll say for the millionth time that the shadow middleman needs to be sat there and he needs to answer questions.

Otherwise there's isn't much point because the one's  sent there are just ticking boxes because they have to.

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Can we put a fan statement out to the Owners basically saying these errors have cost the club premiership status and a huge financial windfall and somebody needs holding accountable?

No one is holding them accountable, even now on other forms of social media people are still defending the loons

• Like 6

The key thing here isn't the failed transfer as crazy as that is. It is that this level of incompetence is throughout our club.

Contract renewals, commercial, marketing, transfers. The O'Brien example is the most recent clear example we have, but these same morons are making mistakes every day. Most we cant directly see until they cumulate over the years.

Ownership, senior management, chief exec. All of them are not up to standard. 

• Like 1

Last year, we were prime for a promotion push, then the bottom fell out. We survived that, I guess we can survive this one. 

But, we’ve lost simply too much in terms of starting players, left on frees, and now BB-D.
I pray we can overcome this, both on & off the pitch, but goodness, what ineptitude after last years blowup.  

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He also holds the UEFA Pro Licence (coaching) and Technical Director's qualifications from the Football Association.

He lacks experience, which is why he's cutting his teeth as a Director of Football at this little backwater club (thanks Venkys). 

Paul “two degrees” Fielder would take exception. He loved telling us how he was the most qualified person at the club!

1 minute ago, phili said:

It seems we forgot to send the player registration form for both players.

You'd think that would be one of the most rudimentary parts of signing a player.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Why are we agreeing to pay £10m for a lad that clearly isn't Premiership quality? Not that we'd go up anyway, but why are we doing that?

I think the whole deal stinks to be honest and if I was the manager I'd be considering my position, why would he want to work with a bunch of rank amateurs? 

I don't think that's an issue considering promotion is worth around £134m, and that doubles if you can stay up.

There are many issues but I don't think that's one of them.

14 minutes ago, JohnD said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that we were prepared to meet his wages in full. Secret money tree?

Not a secret is it? Our owners have a fuck ton of money they just won't/can't spend it on us because they don't care/FFP (choose whichever option you believe, I know where my money is)

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

What would be the motive ?

Make sure we don't go up. Everything is reviewed and more oversight in Premier League than EFL.

Although reading the leaked Football white paper I am not sure we would get a license at the moment to compete 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, phili said:

Make sure we don't go up. Everything is reviewed and more oversight in Premier League than EFL.

Although reading the leaked Football white paper I am not sure we would get a license at the moment to compete 

Then you just don't go for that calibre of player in the first place.

In fairness im not having a go but a few days ago we only had 10k wages to play with according to your source and then we are agreeing to pay O'Briens 30k wages.

It's incompetence plain and simple no conspiracy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

It’s not the fact that OBrien isn’t ours….that’s a minute detail to me ..

What has sickened me to the core is PROOF of something many of us have known for years…this club is finished

It’s got a playing staff that has regressed this season… it’s got a pitch not fit for purpose…it’s got a ground that is dirty and tired…it’s got a fan base dwindling by the day…..it’s got a coaching/ management structure of limited experience and guile….all these things we’ve known for months .…..

…..but this incompetent, unprofessional, thoughtless, humiliating happening sums up what BRFC has become a Venky puppet ( a dead one at that ) run by individuals who aren’t good enough  , who don’t care enough , aren’t strong enough, aren’t professional enough ….and we are expected to buy into this shit excuse of an organisation???

They’re laughing at us ( the paying customers) …and they will continue to do ….no more …..I’m done . 

If the playing staff have regressed this season why are we having a better season ?

If the fan base is dwindling by the day why is the average attendance for this season up on that for last season ?

Is the coaching/management structure any less experienced than that at Burnley ?

Why are some "fans" so keen on talking the club down ?

• Like 1

I've stated on a number of occasions that, IMO, our football club is severely under managed.  This latest shambolic escapade only serves to reinforce my view.

I think it's inconceivable Waggott and Pasha opted to be in Birmingham rather than 'on site', whereever that was, when big calls might have been needed to be made in the final hours of the window.

Is Sylvester to blame?  We can’t be sure.  I suspect someone will be made a scapegoat.

As for Broughton, I've not been impressed since he arrived.  He and his team have had months to plan for this window - result:

One loan signing - a winger when  the all football world knows we needed a central striker and a combative central midfielder

The dispatch of the abject Hirst who was our number one striking target throughout the summer!

The dispatch of Markanday to Aberdeen when the lad has shown in glimpses, when give  a chance, he might really have something to offer

In my opinion, an abysmal window.

I think Broughton as DOF should hang his head in shame and should be summarily dismissed.  IMO, he's spectacularly failed to deliver - that is the bottom line and there can be no excuses.

The whole management at Ewood from top to bottom, IMO, fails to deliver and should be swept away.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that we were prepared to meet his wages in full. Secret money tree?

Yeah I don't get this at all, we were told there's no budget and yet this was a big outlay - it's the inconsistency and mixed messages that I don't understand - we're either not challenging for the playoffs and then we're doing a deal for a serious midfielder that has a contract with terms written into it based purely on promotion. 

I don't get why both deals have gone south though, that is really weird and suggests something very odd has happened. 

I think people should drop the criticism of Broughton and his team, he'll just be as furious as we are, and he'll be the one who has to front up about it - either covering for some conspiracy out of his control or a hideous paperwork error. Either way it's embarrassing, do you really think he wanted that? He's actually been trying to move the club forward on the footballing side in quite a short space of time, tying down contracts, making some decent signings (OK I agree we paid too much for Sammie, I like the player but that was a big fee). There's been some pretty vile stuff written about them on this forum and on twitter that is pretty shameful and unwarranted, makes us look stupid - I know this is a bad time to be saying this, but seriously, think about it, he's not in charge of applications is he? It's Waggott and this Pascha bloke that should face the heat, "the powers that be", they've been doing the death by a 1000 cuts thing for too long now, poor pricing, the lack of offers for fans, the neglect of the stadium etc etc. It's been a period of poor, poor management, do the bare minimum attitude. 

There's some pretty uneducated people on here too, people saying things like "Broughton is shit because we haven't dipped into the Scandi market" etc - do your research and learn about work permits etc

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

We are appealing it..what's the fucking point?

I agree to an extent. It's been rejected after our first "appeal". It's unlikely the EFL will go back on that.

The club cocked up. Twice. Heads need to roll. Dragging it out is now just a futile exercise for some at the club to save face. It helps nobody else. O'Brien and Brierley have dodged a bullet.