BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Sharpe: "It’s clear from the club statement, that Rovers accept that both deals were submitted late."

The statement is a load of bullsh*t, isn't it? Just something to shrug shoulders and say it wasn't the fault of the people at the club. It 100% is. Whether it's a lack of preparation, a lack of knowledge of procedure, it's 100% the fault of those running the club.

Will Waggott turn up to the Wigan game?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Seriously what next? As fans now what is the answer. The Raos genuinely think as a supporter base we are happy.

This board of directors has had the easiest of times ever in 5 years.

An apology, an excuse for their actions from the majority of attending supporters or those who see them.

I'd like to think todays latest fiasco will turn the tide and we as supporters start holding them accountable, but i still cant see where that fight is coming from?

Really? A cursory look at attendances would tell you the fan base isn't happy.

I fancy setting up a business in India - if these idiots can become billionaires surely anyone can do it. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Here is Waggott's email address for anybody who wants to contact him (his secretary gets them first to screen them). I think they are obliged to reply within a stated time as per the Customer Charter.

swaggott@rovers.co.uk

If anyone is writing to him please keep it free from profanities and personal abuse. He really needs to know the way we feel about this. I am going to email him now.

I'd better not write to him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe: "It’s clear from the club statement, that Rovers accept that both deals were submitted late."

The statement is a load of bullsh*t, isn't it? Just something to shrug shoulders and say it wasn't the fault of the people at the club. It 100% is. Whether it's a lack of preparation, a lack of knowledge of procedure, it's 100% the fault of those running the club.

Will Waggott turn up to the Wigan game?

The procedure is in black and white on the EFL website, if I can read it why can’t they?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

How on earth have the players both completed media but the deals were late? In what world have they sat through interviews and photoshoots and the fecking paperwork hasn’t been submitted?

Meanwhile on the BFC concourse...

1810822652_Screenshot2023-02-02at16_51_16.thumb.png.f188a9468a3fa579605a9d98efd164cf.png

Edited by booth

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

The club secretary or another minion will probably get blamed for this but a responsible CEO with lawyers on hand should have been at Ewood on Tuesday night overseeing these transactions

It looks like they were from the statement: "Due to the complex nature of the various agreements to be included within the overall registration, legal advisors were brought in to assist in part of the process."

I think they've been caught out by the complexity of the deal at short notice, and haven't had the heads around them to get it sorted, this then caused them to be late with the Brierly deal too. 

...and yes why Waggott was at Birmingham is very odd indeed, one can only speculate. 

21 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes - just like Arsenal and Liverpool fans are.

So we are worse off than on 1st Feb last season but better off than where we finished.

That certainly isn't the case with Arsenal, nor is it the reverse case with Liverpool.

This potato isn't just mashed. His brain has been fried.

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

So we are worse off than on 1st Feb last season but better off than where we finished.

That certainly isn't the case with Arsenal, nor is it the reverse case with Liverpool.

This potato isn't just mashed. His brain has been fried.

Maybe he should rename himself burnt potatoes?

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

It looks like they were from the statement: "Due to the complex nature of the various agreements to be included within the overall registration, legal advisors were brought in to assist in part of the process."

Translation:-"

We naively didn't realise it would be so complicated so ended up having to scramble to get lawyers in at the last minute to sort it out.

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Are we actually going to see a slightly irked chaddy today? In a world where the club can do no wrong I’m not sure how he will cope with this news.

You've already missed him. He's throwing Sylvester under the bus and giving Waggot a free pass.

• Like 2

Properly had enough of this season and this club. I'd rather us go bust and start from the bottom then keep being ran like a circus. We get fleeced at every opportunity, no reward or incentive to keep fans going back. Just a price increase every season, and as many extra charges they can come up with to take more money out of their fan base. This club 1875 knowing people would sign up scared they wouldn't get a ticket for turf moor. The fact you've to pay an extra 60 pounds just to be able to drink in a proper bar at half time. Worse than any of that is total lack of ambition or want to progress. The stadium was closed for the best part of 18 months or whatever it was and it was left to rot. The stands and infrastructure of the stadium are filthy and outdated. Nothing about this club makes you excited or gives any reason for optimism. The only way to hurt this regime and these owners is financially. Don't turn up for the derby on Monday, don't renew your season ticket and don't contribute anything towards this shell of a football club. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Underwhelming, but not terrible - Thomas will walk into our starting 11 and at least Markanday is going to develop out on loan.

We really needed a striker.

It's an awful window.  No decent strikers. Shit midfield.  Thomas hasn't had a good game all season according to Huddersfield supporters.  It's Been diabolical.  It's even shitter than last January and that was bad

• Like 2

We can see that they do have their ear to the ground, and have caved in this afternoon in releasing this 'statement' but interestingly haven't named who is responsible for producing it.

'Legal advisors were brought in to assist' - what the hell does this mean? We don't have legal advisors ready to hand on deadline day? 'Brought in' - does this mean they had to physically travel to Brockhall before anything could be done as surely they could deal with this remotely?

'Complex nature of various agreements'. Deary me. Anyone would think we were signing Lionel Messi on a 5 year deal, not a lad frozen out at Forest on loan with an option to buy. Presumably we had half an idea of these complexities BEFORE we made the offer and it was accepted? They make it sound like we only learned of these complexities at tea time. WE made the offer. If WE couldn't then deal with the mechanics of it WE shouldn't have done it.

'Due to events we believe to be outside of our control' - pull the other one.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Translation:-"

We naively didn't realise it would be so complicated so ended up having to scramble to get lawyers in at the last minute to sort it out.

Or even: "we've never done this before, this one's a bit tricky for us, it's got clauses and things in it, can you do it?" 

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Are we actually going to see a slightly irked chaddy today? In a world where the club can do no wrong I’m not sure how he will cope with this news.

He’ll be fine, he’s already decided whose to blame (Silvester) 

Edited by wilsdenrover
My grammar again!