BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

That statement is absolute amateur hour; seriously, who wrote and approved that?

Almost anyone could knock something up in a couple of minutes that would read more professionally then that.

In terms of an appeal, I can only imagine that they would go down the ‘player/career welfare’ point of view.

But even if so, you’d imagine that going back on their decision would set a precident.

Absolutely. Embarrassing.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah let's not be disappointed at missing out on the best midfielder in the championship last season 

To a point it doesn’t matter who the player was.

It’s the sheer incompetence (and I include the statement in that) which is unacceptable (but unfortunately is not surprising)

Edited by wilsdenrover
Better wording
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I can't seem to find it anywhere, were we going to be paying his wages or not? 

The deal supposedly included Rovers paying his wages in full.

I assume Forest pay everything now but there could be litigation.

I can't believe that the player can legally be denied playing for the next six months.

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

To a point it doesn’t matter who the player was.

It’s the sheer incompetence (and I include the statement in that) that’s the most infuriating,  but least surprising, thing.

I don't know, it's pretty infuriating that we've missed out on someone who could provide an engine and focal point for the rest of the team to follow, considering we've been missing it all season. We'd still struggle for goals but we wouldn't be trampled over in midfield most games.

Barring the Blackpool game where Adam Wharton stepped up.

• Like 4

Just returned after a day of work and fucking hell I wish I was still at the office.

So that's now management incompetence added to, not opening on a Sunday and a broken fax machine, as reasons for not signing players.

The person's responsible should be 'thanked' for their services and walked out the door.

I'll do whatever job Silvester does should do for half his pay.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I am in two minds as to whether we should seek a total boycott of Monday’s match or everyone with Rovers at heart, buys a ticket and get down to support our team and vent our spleen towards the incompetents. JDT and the players wearing our shirt have done nothing wrong and deserve our backing in solidarity.

Option B for me, get behind JDT and the players but let the rest have it. 

• Like 1

I’m not going against Wigan as a direct protest at this shambles.

They don’t deserve my support, they don’t care about me as a supporter, so they can piss off. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

That statement is absolute amateur hour; seriously, who wrote and approved that?

Almost anyone could knock something up in a couple of minutes that would read more professionally then that.

In terms of an appeal, I can only imagine that they would go down the ‘player/career welfare’ point of view.

But even if so, you’d imagine that going back on their decision would set a precident.

Absolutely. Embarrassing.

My client asks me to tell you that 1 "the deadline was late".( Lol)

"It was out of our control"

They wouldn't accept our"mitigation"..The mean things!

Oh, and the target was ambitious...er...but what about the lad from Rochdale? Was that deadline "late" as well?

Just wondering. Anyone, who went to Brum-was Waggott  there?  If so, should he not have been at Ewood/Brockhall at such a crucial moment?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

I don't know, it's pretty infuriating that we've missed out on someone who could provide an engine and focal point for the rest of the team to follow, considering we've been missing it all season. We'd still struggle for goals but we wouldn't be trampled over in midfield most games.

Barring the Blackpool game where Adam Wharton stepped up.

Oh no, don’t get me wrong - I agree with you about the quality of the player and how much he could have improved us.

I was just trying to suggest the incompetence isn’t related to whether or not someone would think he would be s good signing.

That being said, clearly this failed transfer is going to have a much bigger impact on the rest of our season (than the Rochdale lad)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The club secretary or another minion will probably get blamed for this but a responsible CEO with lawyers on hand should have been at Ewood on Tuesday night overseeing these transactions - particularly the O'Brien deal which was obviously more complicated and might need attention. Waggott should certainly not have been at Birmingham. As the man in charge, he's responsible IMO

Exactly how I see it. The Club Secretary is clearly responsible for proper submission of the paperwork, and he reports to the CEO, Waggott, who is accountable for having the correct people and processes to do this crucial task. I think it extreme dereliction for Waggott, as the man accountable, to be 100 miles away that evening, rather than being on hand to ensure the man responsible had every resource needed.

Broughton, whose job was done on the transfers by mid-afternoon, was right to have been at what was an important cup tie.

In any normal business, both Sylvester and Waggott would be fired for such a colossal failure, but, of course, we are anything but.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Just returned after a day of work and fucking hell I wish I was still at the office.

So that's now management incompetence added to, not opening on a Sunday and a broken fax machine, as reasons for not signing players.

The person's responsible should be 'thanked' for their services and walked out the door.

I'll do whatever job Silvester does for half his pay.

Please do what Silvester should do rather than what he does do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the playing staff have regressed this season why are we having a better season ?

If the fan base is dwindling by the day why is the average attendance for this season up on that for last season ?

Is the coaching/management structure any less experienced than that at Burnley ?

Why are some "fans" so keen on talking the club down ?

Because it's our club - it belongs to the fans. The people in charge are making us ( Blackburn Rovers ) a laughing stock. The people running our club don't have the same feelings as us. The owners have no connection at all and no interest.

It's not a case of simply talking the club down. We are just angry at the way the club is being run and have every right to point out why we are angry. There is very little defence for this incompetence. 

There have been many bad owners at many clubs over the years but I doubt there have ever been any other owners who literally don't give a toss about the club and care even less about the fans. 

I bet if they had a deadline to submit plans for houses on Brockhall they wouldn't have missed it. Snakes the lot of em.

• Like 6

Having supported in the good times and the bad, I haven't bought a ST for ten years. I won't purchase another until the whole cabal has left. Corrupt, money grabbing bast*rds. No passion about OUR CLUB! It will never be theirs in a million years. What a bloody shambles, and a total embarrassment. I didn't go for years, came back this year, but I think that's it again.

• Like 7

This is a major mistake and is unforgivable, the statement from the club is similar to what this government do to deflect everything from themselves.

I really feel for the two players sat in limbo here, best thing us fans can do is give the current players our full support but show the board and owners how we feel through sarcastic chants at games. Shambles

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree about the midfield - both Garrett and A. Wharton have bossed a game at 19 and 18, respectively, in very limited starts.

We should use the second half of the season to properly blood them (and continue to develop Buckley and Travis). Morton can go back to Liverpool for all I care. 

Phillips should start a few games too, as should Leonard (or Burns if they think he's the better prospect?).

Any hopes of the Playoffs died when we failed to land a striker in January, so we need to be pragmatic and use this 6 months wisely to prepare for next season.

I agree with Adam Wharton. Start him every game, give him the opportunity and a run in the side.

Regarding Travis and Buckley. These aren't some young lads breaking through, Buckley is 23 and Travis is 25! O'Brien is 24 and is head and shoulders above both of them. The notion that these lads are kids is a joke. O' Brien is the level a team with promotion ambitions should be aiming for, not making excuses for the short comings for the players we currently have. The denial needs to stop.

41 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm half tenpted to put the owners mobile numbers out on here. If a co-ordinated text bomb from 100s hit their phones at the same time, there maybe heads rolling, especially as one number is the very personal, whilst the other is the business mobile?

Do it

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Irish_Rover said:

When is the next fans forum with the management team (or is there one)?

Every single one of these conmen need to be made answer for this utter shit show in that meeting.

March 13th, I looked that up today. I’m debating handing in my resignation for that after today though. I just can’t believe what has happened.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Twitter and fans messageboards might be in meltdown but what will happen at the next home game? Absolutely nothing. Lads in the 1960s and 1970s would have been on the pitch demanding action (usually the sacking of the board) but nowadays they have a moan on social media for a while and then it all blows over and the Ewood hierarchy carry on as if it's all OK and picking up their big pay cheques. There's been many discussions over the years on meaningful protests and how effective they are but fans venting their spleens on Twitter won't achieve much 

I went to many protests 10 years ago and was warned to not come back to Blackburn. My brother brought be for my 30th 6 years and was told to leave the pub. Not sure there is a correct way to demonstrate. Protest impact the team. Social is probably the best way as it keep the players out of it. 

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Lads in the 1960s and 1970s would have been on the pitch demanding action (usually the sacking of the board) but nowadays they have a moan on social media for a while and then it all blows over.

Not everyone, see Wigan relegation under king rat 😉

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the playing staff have regressed this season why are we having a better season ?

If the fan base is dwindling by the day why is the average attendance for this season up on that for last season ?

Is the coaching/management structure any less experienced than that at Burnley ?

Why are some "fans" so keen on talking the club down ?

Why are you so keen on missing the point all the time?

• Like 2