BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom

Genuine Question:

Would there be auch a scenario as the EFL agreeing to the deal, on condition of a fine or docked points?

Purely so as not to halt the players' careers for 6 months; it is they whom I feel sorry for.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

Genuine Question:

Would there be auch a scenario as the EFL agreeing to the deal, on condition of a fine or docked points?

Purely so as not to halt the players' careers for 6 months; it is they whom I feel sorry for?

You would think that’s the case…. The fine would have to be a large one, otherwise the “richer” clubs would do it more often than not.

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I am in two minds as to whether we should seek a total boycott of Monday’s match or everyone with Rovers at heart, buys a ticket and get down to support our team and vent our spleen towards the incompetents. JDT and the players wearing our shirt have done nothing wrong and deserve our backing in solidarity.

We need to do something significant while people are still angry. Otherwise emotions will calm and the issue will drift into the past while we all slowly come to accept the status quo. Rovers continue to decline, the board continue to take their massive wages and Venkys continue to not give a sh*t. We need to reclaim the Rovers.

Edited by Crimpshrine
typo
  • Like 4

I would be keen to know who’s at fault. I like the work GB has/had done before this window. If one of those loans strikers happened maybe this all wouldn’t be as bad. But yes at the end of the day it didn’t so questions need to be asked.

The blame for me falls with Waggot. JDT & GB IMO need to stay otherwise we will be in even more sh*t.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is there a deadline by which you’d have to hand it in??

I think we’ve established that they’d miss it anyway. Problem is, I’d get really frustrated and really have a massive go. Sorry for any forum members reading this too, I’m just all over the place with the most recent news. What an absolute shambles.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Genuine Question:

Purely so as not to halt the players' careers for 6 months; it is they whom I feel sorry for.

Then you'd simply cancel the deal as we can't afford either.

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I would be keen to know who’s at fault. I like the work GB has/had done before this window. If one of those loans strikers happened maybe this all wouldn’t be as bad. But yes at the end of the day it didn’t so questions need to be asked.

The blame for me falls with Waggot. JDT & GB IMO need to stay otherwise we will be in even more sh*t.

I honestly think the “work” Broughton has done is being over exaggerated. What exactly has he done? All our signings have been obvious signings with very little imagination. 

I had the misfortune of meeting him and he was rude and arrogant. The BBD saga is a joke also.

• Like 2

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Silas said:

The more time I've had for the statement to sink in, the more angry I am about the phrase "..one of the deals was a very ambitious target.."

Gaslighting us that the only problem here is that they were reaching for the stars.

The old Icarus story. 'Sorry, we got ahead of ourselves and flew too close to the sun!'

Let's have it right, this was an unwanted player who wasn't going to be in a Premier League team's squad, had already seen a couple Championship clubs pull out for various reasons, and was left with one option....us.

Hardly the major coup that statement conjures up. It was a fairly standard loan deal that scores of clubs do every single transfer window. 

As much as I really wanted the player here, I believe he could have made a real difference,  I'm not having them make out this was the complicated, high status transaction they're pretending. 

It was a basic football business agreement that was monumentally ballsed by complete incompetence. 

Stop lying to the fans, we're not thick!

It's such a weasely statement in general, genuinely embarrassing. If you aren't going to apologise then just state the facts and leave it there. Don't play the woe is us routine, because, as you say, we aren't thick. Well, not all of us anyway. Did see two comments on FB calling upset fans "pathetic", but as I've said in the past, some people are fans of being fans of the club, not fans of the club, and there is a difference.

• Like 5

The statement issued is so worrying. No accountability. It's like they tried to convince us that the O'Brien deal was so complex and alot of technicalities involved that we simply ran out of time and a valiant effort was made. Then it's "oh yeah we fucked up the other deal too but don't pay too much attention to that". 

I gave them the benefit foolishly but now I reckon it's actually much worse that we think. Unsigned forms, technical issues, missing documents, no terms agreed. It wasnt one slight oversight it was a complete shit show. Just have a vision of utter panic, paper flying everywhere, documents getting cellotaped together, staff asking how to turn the printer on, phones ringing off the hook, WiFi dropping out. Absolute joke.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Silas said:

The more time I've had for the statement to sink in, the more angry I am about the phrase "..one of the deals was a very ambitious target.."

Gaslighting us that the only problem here is that they were reaching for the stars.

The old Icarus story. 'Sorry, we got ahead of ourselves and flew too close to the sun!'

Let's have it right, this was an unwanted player who wasn't going to be in a Premier League team's squad, had already seen a couple Championship clubs pull out for various reasons, and was left with one option....us.

Hardly the major coup that statement conjures up. It was a fairly standard loan deal that scores of clubs do every single transfer window. 

As much as I really wanted the player here, I believe he could have made a real difference,  I'm not having them make out this was the complicated, high status transaction they're pretending. 

It was a basic football business agreement that was monumentally ballsed by complete incompetence. 

Stop lying to the fans, we're not thick!

I agree and I wanted him here desperately but I'm not naive enough to think it's Ronaldo level of image rights involved. Should have been a standard transaction end of story.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I know we as fans feel shitted on and rightly so but the biggest victims here and Lewis O'Brien and Ethan Brierley. With O'Brien we have affected his career and as a result of our club he finds himself now exiled at his current club. He trusted us to be professional after he had committed to joining us and we fucked it up. You can't help but think, and rightly so that he would hold a massive grudge against us. What must be going through his head? 

Ethan Brierley is a young man getting a move to the championship and a great opportunity. No doubt a pay increase, higher level and chance to change his life. Same story, back to league 2 now with egg on his face and you'd imagine completey deflated and down. It's not right all because the staff at our club cannot do some correct paperwork.

Disgraceful we are now spreading the Venkys Rovers cancer to other players and clubs. Bad enough we have had to stomach it but now others are getting dragged into their toxic mess. That's what they are, a cancer.

I see it slightly differently. In their shoes I reckon I’d be thinking thank fuck I didn’t end up at that shower of shite. They’ve both had a lucky let off. As fans we’ve had 13 years of practice of disappointment and astonishment at their incompetence. I’ve never wavered in my belief that the owners and the morons they employ to run the club are totally useless.

It galls me when the “footballing world”, even some of our own fans, seem to think things are fine here after a turbulent start because there aren’t protests, etc. If there’s a crumb of comfort in this latest incompetent saga it reminds people how useless the club still are and always have been.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The statement issued is so worrying. No accountability. It's like they tried to convince us that the O'Brien deal was so complex and alot of technicalities involved that we simply ran out of time and a valiant effort was made. Then it's "oh yeah we fucked up the other deal too but don't pay too much attention to that". 

I gave them the benefit foolishly but now I reckon it's actually much worse that we think. Unsigned forms, technical issues, missing documents, no terms agreed. It wasnt one slight oversight it was a complete shit show. Just have a vision of utter panic, paper flying everywhere, documents getting cellotaped together, staff asking how to turn the printer on, phones ringing off the hook, WiFi dropping out. Absolute joke.

Its funny because its true!🤣

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think we’ve established that they’d miss it anyway. Problem is, I’d get really frustrated and really have a massive go. Sorry for any forum members reading this too, I’m just all over the place with the most recent news. What an absolute shambles.

Sounds like a reason not to resign - or at least to leave it until after you’ve done this!

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

The optimist in me wonders if Forest can csncel O'Brien's contract by mutual consent so we can sign him next week as a free agent. (?)

No, for us to sign anyone on a free, they can't have been under contract when the deadline passed.

• Like 2