BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I thought the opposite. Thought he came across nervous and edgy and had the energy of a man who fucked up. Jittery and voice quivering. Weather he didn't do his part as he should have and was too casual or not knowledgeable enough or allowed people under his management to drag their heals. Eithee way the buck stops with him, lots of vague, non detailed, evasive shite imo.  Not impressed at all.

I liked that he looked nervous and edgy, good to see that the situation has affected him and the rest. There was also a little bit of anger shining through, as it seems obvious there has been a fuckup from the admin/legal team that he has to take responsibility for. 

The only good thing coming from this is a man scorned like that will take action to avoid it happen again. You should never waste a good disaster as JDT would have said. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

The question wasn't followed up on by Yardley. It's implied that the deal fell through, rather that it was abandoned.

I know, that's why I followed up my post to basically say it fell through. The poster I initially quoted implied it was abandoned in favour of LOB.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Because he's not a legal expert and could phrase something in a way that could be misconstrued if quoted in the appeal. It's common to not go into details publicly before a legal case for this kind of reason.

I would also imagine those details do involve things that cast us in a bad light however you phrase them, things they might not mention in the appeal (like Sylvester fell asleep with his thumb up his arse so they couldn't get him to sign anything) but until we find out specifically what happened, I can only speculate. If we don't get the details after the appeal is done, then I'll agree it's to save face.

The other aspect is that anything he said could been seen as an attempt to affect the appeal, which would viewed negatively by the appeal commite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

The other aspect is that anything he said could been seen as an attempt to affect the appeal, which would viewed negatively by the appeal commite.

Especially if it involved any criticism of the EFL themselves.

I’m on the side of the fence where I’m not taking the Bullshit GB is giving out! There is no excuse. Like I’ve said before I’ve been unfortunate enough to meet him and the facade he puts on in front of the camera isn’t fooling me. 

I believe just through his pure arrogance he thinks after his interview everything will be forgiven and forgotten!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Did I read that correctly from Broughton, we are basically going to be paying what had been agreed to both players ?

Support mechanisms and  find a way to get the money to the Rochdalr lad.

Didn’t catch that. Think the Rochdale deal is going through either way, while O’Brien obviously isn’t. He said Rochdale needs the money to stay afloat, maybe that’s what you mean?

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he is "unlucky" not to sign a striker, is he also lucky that we managed to get Hyam in the circumstances that we did?

More on having the deals lined up, undav changing his mind, and lorient changing their mind last min. No point getting one in for the sake of it, look at hirst. 

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Did I read that correctly from Broughton, we are basically going to be paying what had been agreed to both players ?

Support mechanisms and  find a way to get the money to the Rochdalr lad.

I don't think so. Only talked about the Rochdale lad I believe, saying we are still going to sign him for what was agreed.

Which is also a little mad as I believe he is out of contract in the summer so would be free. However, 80k is a lot to a club like them and very little to a club like us, so it's a case of being ethical, slightly repairing our reputation, and ensuring we still get the deal sorted in advance of the next window rather than another club jumping in.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I support GB. It’s his responsibility but he’s faced the music and after the final decision is made, it’s time to move forward. 

He's facing the music, but it remains to be seen whether it's a light elevator jazz or screeching death metal.

13 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Uhh that describes Brierley as a striker. I thought he was a midfielder? If he's wrong about that basic info (I've no idea) then I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest.

Edit - just had a closer look and it also says he's 17. I thought he was 19?? And yep, everything I can see online says he's a central midfielder aged 19. Doesn't appear to have played even one game up front.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Didn’t catch that. Think the Rochdale deal is going through either way, while O’Brien obviously isn’t. He said Rochdale needs the money to stay afloat, maybe that’s what you mean?

At that stage they indicated they didn’t have space in the 25-man squad for him. At that stage there, of course we have to offer the support mechanisms in place.

but every penny of that, for a club of Rochdale’s status right now, is absolutely vital. We have to find a way of ensuring that income can go to them and ensuring that Ethan can become a Blackburn Rovers player.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not really bothered what he thinks, bearing in mind they bought O'Brien in summer for £10m & are letting him go already (well tried to). How's that treating him well (other than the monster pay rise I guess)?

• Like 3