BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

12 minutes ago, alcd said:

That's a very low bar. Based on his showing at Burnley, Garrett is miles off it as well. 

Garrett wasn't good at Burnley but having seen him in many under 21 matches and his first team games so far I will confidently say he is better at every aspect of midfield play than Travis.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can`t really blame the three at the back,they were constantley under pressure from us losing the ball in midfield,this system makes travis and morton look terrible tbh,both of them are limited so expecting them to take the ball from so deep and pass it through any team like xavi and iniesta did is`nt ever going to work,we need to play our football in the others team box not in or near our own

Agree. The game was 100% lost in midfield. But the cb’s made fundamental errors too…poor positioning, not winning headers, getting tight when they needed to give space and then sitting off when they should be tight…the midfield in particular Travis were ghastly. If he isn’t dropped after a performance like that he’ll never get dropped.

• Like 1

We all love total football. We'd all love to play like City.

But it is completely unrealistic unless you have high quality technical players, far better than the opposition. Even then in the Championship, that will only get you so far.

I'm absolutely gutted. I didn't over react to the Burnley defeat as we have been terrible away all season and they are top of the league.

As many have said, this bad home defeat has been on the cards for a while, but you can't just collapse against your local rivals. 

Change nothing and nothing will change. I'm disgusted with the last two performances.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I see what you did there....🤣🤣

Where's the 10m man?  

I tell ya one lad who is buzzing toneet….the resident Preston fan!! 🤣🤣

tbf Whiteman played well. Best I’ve seen him play because he’s (literally) a mid table plodder, Championship midfielder. For the first time ever today I thought, “he’d get in our team” but honestly that’s more because of how poor Travis is at the mo.

Buckley needs a re-start. But he should be playing in our team now and (even though I personally never said I thought Buckley was worth 8 figs) I still think he’s considerably better than Whiteman! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I tell ya one lad who is buzzing toneet….the resident Preston fan!! 🤣🤣

tbf Whiteman played well. Best I’ve seen him play because he’s (literally) a mid table plodder, Championship midfielder. For the first time ever today I thought, “he’d get in our team” but honestly that’s more because of how poor Travis is at the mo.

Buckley needs a re-start. But he should be playing in our team now and (even though I personally never said I thought Buckley was worth 8 figs) I still think he’s considerably better than Whiteman! 

Buckley needs to get away from Dack.  Looks like he's being tarnished with his brush.

Bucko should play ahead of Travis, wouldn't have made much difference today.  Plodder?😴😴

Wouldn't mind a plodder like that in our team.

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

The warm weather training was the worst preparation. They should have had a week in the Lake District. 

I don’t think that is strictly an excuse for the poor performance. Reading spent the same amount of time in Tenerife and they beat a tough Coventry side today.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rewarding a shit performance at Burnley, sends wrong signals for me.

Instead of saying Holidays are cancelled and you're going to stay at home and work on our play it was go and have 10 days off lads then lets go and get a tan in Spain.

• Like 2

Preston had a free kick just in their own half close to half time, sent their centre halves up, won two headers in our penalty area from the kick and got a corner from thsee pinning us inside our box. I'm sure in my own mind if that had been us the ball would have gone back of sideways and ended up with Kaminski allowing Preston to squeeze  play. Territorial advantage is a big thing in football. It can lead to goals and force errors. We are far too easy to play against and so predictable it's worrying. This hasn't just been in the last two games but in every defeat and even in some wins. This one dimensional stuff is a real poor indictment on Tomasson and his coaches.

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Whiteman turns up once in 46 league games and sparks fucking creams 

Did you watch the other 45?

It’s a bit of a joke that’s been ongoing because Sparks rightly called Whiteman is far superior to any ‘battling’ midfielder we have, or have had in the last 10 years. 

But, we can blame Mowbray for that one anyway!

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They played JDTs Scandinavian style and beat 2 teams which is probably the worst thing that could happen.

Just justifies the awful tactics in meaningless games leading to it continuing to be trotted out where it really matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Sadly, I’m used to my teams underachieving…

Rovers… well, we see what happens after a nice long rest, & the players can’t wait to avenge shellacking at the turd morgue;

Dallas Cowboys… rolling now, but haven’t hit Paydirt since 1995, and will do their usual, belly up in December;

Texas Longhorns… Alamo Bowl upcoming, missing best running back, & best linebacker. 

So depressing, when all your teams are absolute rubbish. 

Cowboys win it this year mate don’t worry. Beat the eagles at Christmas and get #1 seed then a QB-less 49ers the only other team to fear in that conference. 
Just don’t upset the apple cart with Odell

…Yes I am deflecting as much as I can away from that horror performance!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Right now Tomasson and his bullshit can fuck right off and his pampered, namby pamby players can join him. I honestly want to see the likes of Wharton, Garrett and Phillips picked for Norwich instead of some of these weak willed over hyped excuses for footballers we have.

Amen. I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of project at play ie playing our best youngsters, yet they get one appearance every month or so. He needs to answer some questions on Wharton. Our midfield is as piss poor as it’s been for years and he can’t get a sniff.

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

When we saw that Dack was starting ahead of Gally, none of us could believe it.

6 home wins in a row, since September. JDT was the only person on earth that thought changing the personnel and formation was the way to keep that run going.

These changes were the reason that there wasn't a single Rovers player that was comfortable with the new formation, and we deservedly didn't have a sniff in the 1st half.

Then when we scored and developed a tiny bit of momentum, he decided to arrest that momentum by making the substitutions (taking off our only goalscorer), and sure enough, although Gally played well, that was our miniscule chance gone. 

I've said before that it is not JDTs objective and priority to get the ball to Brereton, or to score, or to win. The priority is to play the ball out from the back, pass it slowly through the phases, and eventually involve our front players. 

It is of no concern to him whether we win or lose, regardless of the opponent, as long as we perpetuate the experiment, and stick to the project plan. 

I'm not saying JDT out, or anything of the sort, but to change the players and system that has produced 6 consecutive victories, over 3 months, shows where his priorities lie. 

I do not agree that the players were to blame today,  any more than they were to blame for our disastrous run of midweek away performances.

The players do not buy in to these experimental tactics, and they sent a subconscious but clear message to JDT today. 

Pathetic doesn't even touch the surface. 

Defend away, project fans. 

Sick of projects and journeys how about lets give it 100 percent a shot at promotion.

.I really dont think venlys want promotion Their tenure isnt right and never has been

• Like 1

That was terrible performance as I seen in many years. No passion, desire, hunger, no tempo to our play, no movement, no intensity from anyone. 

I didn't understand the front 3 he picked and how he played them positional. He played Brittain and Hedges on the right sides until Britain had to come off. I was surprised he didn't changed formation during the first half and no subs even at half time. Surprised that Buckley didn't come on. 

The first 2 goals were criminal from us. Kaminski and Travis needs a bollock for their part in the second half. 

Travis need dropping and his performance was woeful as I seen from him. Should be dropped for the Norwich game as his performance isn't good enough. 

This performance was unacceptable and the players need a bollocking and telling that sort of performance is totally unacceptable for this club. 

I would be making 4 changes for the Norwich game. Buckley, Gallagher, Pickering, and Adam Wharton replacing Travis, Szmodics, Morton and Carter or Brittain (depending if Brittain is injured). I would play 4-2-3-1 formation. Been defensive solid and make sure we bring a clean sheet back home to Ewood Park 

Then 2 hours to get home after Buncer lane and Preston New road just to top off a bad day at the football. 

The Turkey sandwich and pig in blanket was the best part of the day

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Warm weather training away from families is hardly a reward, it’s a sensible option for the club, but the players are certainly not being rewarded. 

I’m surprised by the general outrage to be honest, this side is worse than last seasons, the manager was 5/6th choice and he was given no money to spend in the grand scheme of things. 

Our league position is false and has been all season.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Sick of projects and journeys how about lets give it 100 percent a shot at promotion.

.I really dont think venlys want promotion Their tenure isnt right and never has been

I've come around to Gav's way of thinking that we aren't getting promotion while they're still here,if they didn't go all out for promotion last Jan what makes them do it this time? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was terrible performance as I seen in many years. No passion, desire, hunger, no tempo to our play, no movement, no intensity from anyone. 

I didn't understand the front 3 he picked and how he played them positional. He played Brittain and Hedges on the right sides until Britain had to come off. I was surprised he didn't changed formation during the first half and no subs even at half time. Surprised that Buckley didn't come on. 

The first 2 goals were criminal from us. Kaminski and Travis needs a bollock for their part in the second half. 

Travis need dropping and his performance was woeful as I seen from him. Should be dropped for the Norwich game as his performance isn't good enough. 

This performance was unacceptable and the players need a bollocking and telling that sort of performance is totally unacceptable for this club. 

I would be making 4 changes for the Norwich game. Buckley, Gallagher, Pickering and Adam Wharton replacing Travis, Szmodics, Morton and Carter or Brittain (depending if Brittain is injured). 

Then 2 hours to get home after Buncer lane and Preston New road just to top off a bad day at the football. 

The Turkey sandwich and pig in blanket was the best part of the day

So nothing to do with the manager (oh sorry head coach)

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Been saying it for years, we haven't got the players to play a 3 at back.  You need pace and natural talent on the ball....ours haven't got that.....Hyam is a good 442 centre half, Carthorse is shite, Scott I think it only suited to a back 4....even I can see that and I don't work with them.

Feels a bit similar to England, albeit at a much much much lower standard. 
With 4 at the back instead of the 5 our midfield looks more compact and we control the game better. 5 at the back and shipping 4 goals, says it all. 

I was lucky to have a good JW seat today and at times the middle of the park was deserted, Brereton on one touchline, Hedges pushing onto the other, Dack dropping deep as the only player who wanted the ball and absolutely nothing central. We need more midfield presence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have mentioned JDT's decision with how he played the front 3 and lack of formation in first half and even half time and lack of subs at half time. 

I notice you didn't say Dack should be dropped for the next game,has your opinion that we should sell him changed?

• Like 1