BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

Just now, Reginald said:

I think it's fair to say this team is currently over achieving. We can all see the limitations in key positions, so why would you think that JDT can't?

I just can't understand the insistent clamour to sack a manager who has, so far, exceeded expectations, without giving him the opportunity of at least one (and, realistically, two or three) transfer windows to correct the obvious weaknesses.

Because these continuous transfer windows never lead to anything.  Either venkys won't stump up the cash or the manager doesn't spend it in the right positions then we have the case of loanees going back to their clubs which means another reset. We need to live in the here and now.  Looking 2 or 3 years into the future is futile and pointless 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Crazy talk. A lot of room for growth in our current squad. He needs more backing in the transfer market and think we’ll see a couple of bodies replaced. Travis and Ayala gone in the summer and BBD now if replacements are lined up. 

Nothing to do with tbe squad for me. The football we play is regressive and doesn't work in this league. He is one dimensional and nearly half a season in still can't string more than half a passable game of football together.

He said we'd see more consistency after the world cup and he was right - we've been consistently dreadful.

• Like 3

Boro got in far too easily on Rovers left flsnk right from the start and lucky to get away with it several times in the first half. Simply can't gifting openings like that and not expect to be punished eventually. Even with 11 players the result would probably have been the same. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Crazy talk. A lot of room for growth in our current squad. He needs more backing in the transfer market and think we’ll see a couple of bodies replaced. Travis and Ayala gone in the summer and BBD now if replacements are lined up. 

Going nowhere with this guy...Brian Kidd MK2

• Like 4

Robbed by the ref tonight for nothing incident. Its time refs used common bloody sense. Anyway I'm not going focus on the waste off space refs tonight. 

I was very happy with our performance in the game. First half we played very well with quick tempo passing and not slowing the passing down. Morton and Buckley were very good. The movement of the front 4 were excellent and we scored an excellent goal by Hedges. Gallagher should have scored aswell. 

Disappointed by the first goal we conceded. Poor by Kaminski. Second one was good finish. 

We continued to try to play our football and played to the end. Just couldn't find the killer ball to get equaliser today. 

Very proud of every player tonight. JRC was outstanding and in good form. 

JDT got the subs of Dack and Morton right as they couldn't get hold of the ball or make tackles and they were shattered. Bringing on Garrett and Travis was right cos they give us energy and ability to make tackles. Dack isn't a centre midfielder either. 

Let's stick together and go and beat Cardiff on New Year day now. COYB!!! 🔵

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Good first half undermined by a terrible start to the second and an act of utter stupidity by Buckley, is it a red card? Arguable but petulance and idiocy of the highest order to give the ref a decision to make.

Decent first half, Buckley as good as anyone and great finish by Hedges. All unravelled and why on earth would you go down to 9 by bringing on Garrett who is nowhere near, and why leave Markanday on the bench?

• Like 2

Rovers are in freefall and I don't think Tomasson knows how to stop it. We are conceding too many soft goals and are struggling to score. The players look directionless and lack belief. 

It won't be long before we're looking over our shoulders at the lower end of the table

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Robbed by the ref tonight for nothing incident. Its time refs used common bloody sense. Anyway I'm not going focus on the waste off space refs tonight. 

I was very happy with our performance in the game. First half we played very well with quick tempo passing and not slowing the passing down. Morton and Buckley were very good. The movement of the front 4 were excellent and we scored an excellent goal by Hedges. Gallagher should have scored aswell. 

Disappointed by the first goal we conceded. Poor by Kaminski. Second one was good finish. 

We continued to try to play our football and played to the end. Just couldn't find the killer ball to get equaliser today. 

JDT got the subs of Dack and Morton right as they couldn't get hold of the ball or make tackles and they were shattered. Bringing on Garrett and Travis was right cos they give us energy and ability to make tackles. Dack isn't a centre midfielder either. 

You must have watched a different game if u thought he got his subs right or the players were outstanding 

2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Manure fan? The ref didn’t see it and it was the fourth official that gave it. I saw it live and I’ve seen it back since I got home. Going to have to call me out for something better than that. What I said is fact

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. I’m not calling you out,  whatever that is supposed to mean, and I never mentioned anything about if he saw it or not.
 I’m purely suggesting if he’s not a PNE fan he maybe is a Man Utd fan. I thought that’s what he told me when I was talking to him. Maybe I’m wrong but hey, that’s life. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry but bringing on Travis and Garrett was not the right call. We wanted an equaliser, instead we put two defensive mods on to defend a 2-1 loss and not let it get worse. 
Much rather we put someone like Markanday on and maybe Adam Wharton who are forward minded players and creative and go for it and lose 3-1 than sit back and accept 2–1. 
I have really been on the fence about JDT for a long while but those subs were negative and poor. Same as subs against Sunderland, changes the game and not in our favour 

• Like 6

Garrett is nowhere near good enough.  If he was a 200,000 pound signing from Lincoln City and not a youth product he would get alot more flack. Travis is just a headless chicken.  Adam Wharton is head and shoulders above those two and would have brought about a bit of control. It's down to jdt for being a petty pillock why he won't play him

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Rovers are in freefall and I don't think Tomasson knows how to stop it. We are conceding too many soft goals and are struggling to score. The players look directionless and lack belief. 

It won't be long before we're looking over our shoulders at the lower end of the table

The simple thing would be to bring in a midfielder, a striker and a left back. Club takes a hit on spending due to the league position and having a paper thin squad. If possible offload a couple of players and get rid of the useless loanees to offset the cost.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. I’m not calling you out,  whatever that is supposed to mean, and I never mentioned anything about if he saw it or not.
 I’m purely suggesting if he’s not a PNE fan he maybe is a Man Utd fan. I thought that’s what he told me when I was talking to him. Maybe I’m wrong but hey, that’s life. 

Apologies. I thought you were calling me a shit fan 😂 jumped the gun there and sorry for that. 

Im sure he’s not a PNE fan, knew him in school and my best friend was teaching at school with him just a couple years ago and is still pals with him. Just a shame he always had a dicey game against us 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reginald said:

So you think we should be decisive by sacking a manager that by, your own implicit admission, is currently exceeding pre-season expectations?

I’m personally not shouting for his head yet, but what were pre-season expectations? Where is an acceptable finish this season?

Mowbray failed to deliver a playoff spot last year, which was seen as a failure and we parted company with him (too late for my liking).

Why should we be accepting anything less than playoffs this time round?

Plenty of JDT’s biggest supporters are delighted with our transfer business. Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell apparently aren’t being missed at all and at least 2 have supposedly been replaced with far superior players, so surely anything less than top 6 shouldn’t be acceptable this year?

I’d also like to pose this to @chaddyroverstoo as he often makes similar comments.

I expect the answer will be “We are third”. Use it while you can, because we won’t be for long. The bar will become lower and lower, just like it did with Mowbray’s staunchest defenders last year.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, alcd said:

Judging from JDT's post-match comments he's thrown Buckley under the bus and exonerated the officials. Looks like they won't even be contesting the red card so a 3 match ban stands. An idiotic approach that certainly won't go down well with the players.

I don't think JDT is interested in keeping players happy that are costing us points. Where are the cards for proper tackles as another poster touched on before the game?

Anything else, you can do when you've achieve a lot more in the game than our squad has currently (Nothing! Maybe some of them need reminding of that). Flicking the ball at the back of opponent's heads, in a league game, when you're struggling to get in the first 11? Not for me.

We've seen a good few matches treated as a joke by the players in recent weeks, Burnley, Preston and tonight's.

Team meeting needed tomorrow, similar to the above with Hirst, Morton and Mola playing Goose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m personally not shouting for his head yet, but what were pre-season expectations? Where is an acceptable finish this season?

Mowbray failed to deliver a playoff spot last year, which was seen as a failure and we parted company with him (too late for my liking).

Why should we be accepting anything less than playoffs this time round?

Plenty of JDT’s biggest supporters are delighted with our transfer business. Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell apparently aren’t being missed at all and at least 2 have supposedly been replaced with far superior players, so surely anything less than too 6 shouldn’t be acceptable this year?

I’d also like to pose this to @chaddyroverstoo as he often makes similar comments.

I expect the answer will be “We are third”. Use it while you can, because we won’t be for long. The bar will become lower and lower, just like it did with Mowbray’s staunchest defenders last year.

So .what you trying to say ..you don t want his head yet...but we re currently in the Play offs ..so half way through you must happy ..?

I think A.Wharton warming our bench and not making that squad is criminal. Best talent we’ve got coming through, understand whatever went on with the Burnley game (which if true I 100% agree with Wharton) but we have to do what’s right for the club and right now he should be getting minutes, no excuse whatsoever for him not playing 

• Like 1

Buckley really has ruined it not only for tonight’s game, but possibly his position in the team. He was just getting going aswell.
Now thanks to him we have the pain of the backward pass king (Travis) coming back in. We need A Wharton asap or Maybe Hedges in the middle with Markanday on the left???

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

I watched this one from home tonight, my 5 yr old in the 1st half said “this ref is actually doing ok tonight Dad”

2nd half after the sending off he said “I take back what I said before Dad this guy is like the rest of them, he doesn’t know what he is doing” He is 5!

As I’ve mentioned I watched it on TV but were there boos when Dack was taken off? 

Frustrating night again!