BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

Thomas looked lively which means he already has more about him than the rest of our forwards at present. I think others have mentioned it before but would JRC do a job in midfield, he doesn't seem to have any issues getting stuck in and we can't afford to leave him out on current form when Brittain comes back.

I'd happily pay for BBD's taxi fare to the airport now. His head is totally gone and at the moment he is just a total waste of a jersey. Get Dolan in his place for the rest of the season.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, booth said:

Better strikers and we win easily.

Add to that if we didn’t have a bunch of charlatans in suits, we sign o’brien and we control the game.

As someone said, the worst squad since the Coyle days.

I've been a vocal proponent of JDT and Broughton, but the lack of a striker signing in January is criminal.

If the money is there to pay O'Brien's wages for six months then there had to be a striker option after Undav and Konte - there has to be.

We've dropped 8 points now in January / early Feb because we can't finish the chances we create. Should have beaten Boro, Rotherham and Wigan on the balance of play. It's maddening and I feel really sorry for JDT.

• Like 3

Just now, Irish_Rover said:

I'd happily pay for BBD's taxi fare to the airport now. His head is totally gone and at the moment he is just a total waste of a jersey. Get Dolan in his place for the rest of the season.

It's a shirt not a jersey (rugby) but yes I agree, I wouldn't pick him again this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just not good enough.

The set pieces were so bad tonight, it made me wonder if we were actually trying to score.

That McLean is an absolute scumbag, isn’t he?

Just what we need.

When you have the likes of Andy Todd and Diouf in your team, the opposition and their fans hate you.

We have far too many 'nice' boys.

• Like 9

Absolutely dire. Too many performances like that to suggest they are deviating in any way from the manager’s instructions. Slow, ponderous, predictable.

Positives - Thomas, JRC, Travis, Pears.

Negatives - Diaz absolutely pitiful. Ruined most good attacks and gave away silly free kicks. Vale is anonymous and Gallagher wasn’t much better sadly - we are dying for a striker. Subbing off Dack was absolutely nonsensical and seemed to ire the fans, Morton and Szmodics both had no impact. Killed the game that sub. Wouldn’t have minded seeing Dolan.

The fans in the ground seemed restless and bored. This was a poor performance versus an absolutely garbage side who will be a league below us next year. 

• Like 5

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Sorba put it on a plate 6 yards out and he missed the ball.

My agenda is Blackburn Rovers winning football matches, what's yours?

My agenda is the same, I just don’t think it was a sitter. 

Did enough to beat them comfortably. Most did ‘ok’, the standouts were Sorba, Trav and JRC. Vale (non-entity) Brereton (might not get a club at this rate) and Gally (Stump) absolutely dog shit…we’re just waiting for them to turn up again before we can win a game.

JDT musr be going out of his mind!

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 4

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

Going to start with the positives. Thomas was very good. Excellent to see an old fashioned winger getting balls into the box. 

I was almost advocating for him leaving us at some point over the last 12 months but to me Carter is looking solid and I've more confidence in him than Wharton these days. 

Travis was good driving forwards rather than sitting in front of the back 4.

JRC again was very good. Especially when Vale ran past him in the area. He telegraphed it. Fantastic defending.

I also thought we got into good areas and needed someone on the end of one of those chances. 

The bad.... Brereton-Diaz, that was abysmal. His worst performance since pre-covid. Absolutely terrible. 

As poor as Gallagher can be, Vale can't keep starting. He's so soft and is not ready for mens football in the slightest. 

Our options off the bench showed how weak our squad is. Thomas looked like he was cramping up so I understand why he went off but it killed every bit of momentum we had. It's clear as day the lack of someone who can finish is going to cost us, especially if Brereton puts in shockers like that until the end of the season. All in all, quite predictable. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

The regression of our squad and style of play is scary. It's going from bad to worse. Bottom of the league in xG means it's more than just our strikers being bad, we barely create any decent chances either. What concerns me is that the way JDT wants to play might be beyond the reach of our club with the resources available - both in terms of money and staff.  

• Like 5

I thought it was grim. We were woeful up-front, lacking in class ,ideas and power. We will limp to halfway in the table if this was any guide. Dack---the only class player on the pitch, Thomas---promising debut. We should have had a pen at the end but that would only have hidden the problems for another week. Can't beat the bottom of the table at home or even score---speaks for itself, but they signed 6 players in the transfer window and have a new manager---gives them a lift in vast contrast to us.

A team lacking in ideas and spark. Looks really bad for us for the rest of the season. 

Changed my mind... think we actually should play like this...

Dolan, Brereton, Sorba

Dack

Travis, O'Brien

Pickering, Wharton, Hyam, JRC

Pears

Even a half Brereton is better than Vale or Gally...

Oh well we f****d up O'Briens move ...

Edited by neophox

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Think the whole Brereton situations turned bizarre.....If I was Villareal and given him a 5 year contract I would be worried.

Lollareal... But in fairness he can speak the language, in the perfect climate and get better service from better team mates. I think he'll be a success. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've been a vocal proponent of JDT and Broughton, but the lack of a striker signing in January is criminal.

If the money is there to pay O'Brien's wages for six months then there had to be a striker option after Undav and Konte - there has to be.

We've dropped 8 points now in January / early Feb because we can't finish the chances we create. Should have beaten Boro, Rotherham and Wigan on the balance of play. It's maddening and I feel really sorry for JDT.

Good grief man, how can you possibly feel sorry for JDT ?

He's admitted he's not interested in the top 6 , he didn't want to win the game tonight, it puts him

under more pressure , he'd rather just saunter around for the rest of the season and if asked about poor form he'll

just mention the project being a long term thing.

• Like 2

One of the very few interesting things that happened in the game- JRC coming inside and playing centrally seemed like an interesting proposition...... One to think about.

JDT sounding very unhappy in his interview with the board. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked you know.

• Like 2

JDT’s Sky interview and he’s discussing the transfer debacle. Pointedly mentions Wigan signing 6 players and Watford 8, then seems to criticise the two that went out and even that O’Brien’s the wrong position. He’ll be gone and fair enough. He’s been sold a lie.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Absolutely dire. Too many performances like that to suggest they are deviating in any way from the manager’s instructions. Slow, ponderous, predictable.

Positives - Thomas, JRC, Travis, Pears.

Negatives - Diaz absolutely pitiful. Ruined most good attacks and gave away silly free kicks. Vale is anonymous and Gallagher wasn’t much better sadly - we are dying for a striker. Subbing off Dack was absolutely nonsensical and seemed to ire the fans, Morton and Szmodics both had no impact. Killed the game that sub. Wouldn’t have minded seeing Dolan.

The fans in the ground seemed restless and bored. This was a poor performance versus an absolutely garbage side who will be a league below us next year. 

In 12 months time Rovers will be where Wigan are now. 

• Like 3