BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

They are playing each other with their game in hand. A draw will suit us fine.

Tbh I'm not concerned about them. The goal has to be to stay in the top 6, so it's Watford, Norwich and Sunderland that currently present the most threat. Not Sunderland either if they're really in a Mowbray death spiral. In theory, Millwall and Luton would also be easier teams than those to beat over 2 legs in the playoffs (although we do sometimes struggle against battling teams).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

two draws in very difficult away games followed by three wins on the bounce great stuff.

JRC and Carter proving they are more than capable at this level. Good performance in the middle from bucko today great stuff.

Best game for Buckley for a while. I have always seen this in him. He can be frustrating, but he is finally getting a run together. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Derbyshire Blue said:

I ended up using a Hungarian VPN to see the game even though I've paid £145 for the privilege to watch the games in France

What are you doing in Hungary. Get yourself to Spain for the next one, it’s a far easier language to learn. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

BBC scores froze at half time. What a joy to see that result. Huge for so many reasons. Gallagher has had a load of grief. That will do him so much good playing as a target man. 
No new manager bounce and three away points with an injury ravaged side. 

Cmon you Rovers. 

I watched via an excellent ESPN+ stream but went to the BBC to check other scores.

As you say stuck at HT, what a crap outfit they are. I got them easy enough elsewhere.

Great result and what a full on effort by all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Same here. Had to resort to finding online steams to watch Rovers even though i paid for the RoversTV by supporting the club. Seriously considering to buy game pass next season instead.

It’s £10 per game and £140 for the season. Even missing a few, it’s still decent value. I think I have only missed one, but do have to pop over the boarder now and then. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

two draws in very difficult away games followed by three wins on the bounce great stuff.

JRC and Carter proving they are more than capable at this level. Good performance in the middle from bucko today great stuff.

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

Best game for Buckley for a while. I have always seen this in him. He can be frustrating, but he is finally getting a run together. 

The Buckley hate-campaign on here by certain posters is a bit sinister. He's another that has come back from being dropped and has applied himself well. His passing ability was never in doubt, it's top class at this level. 

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

I think it's becoming increasingly clear that the main reason JRC was, frankly, a bit bollocks for quite a while was his physical condition. Constantly getting injuries suggests his body was never quite up to it, and that affects your whole performance, especially your pace (not that he's fast now). Mowbray was guilty of throwing him back in before he was ready, and when he was out of form, on a few occasions. Often with no need as Nyambe was fit, and often resulting in another rapid breakdown. I do worry with him that another injury could be right around the corner, but so far the team are managing his fitness well you'd have to say.

Now he's starting to live up to the hype we used to hear in his academy days before his serious injuries. Long may it continue!

Good post. We just see the player for 90 mins, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. 

He's clearly a lot fitter now. His ability was never in doubt. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The Buckley hate-campaign on here by certain posters is a bit sinister. He's another that has come back from being dropped and has applied himself well. His passing ability was never in doubt, it's top class at this level. 

Let it go pal. You are only fooling yourself. I can admit I hammer him but you must see you are doing the opposite and blindly backing him? He was actually ok today, that's the difference, I can admit it when someone I don't rate plays well. I didn't ram Sam Gallagher's performance down people's throats today because the simple fact is whilst I do like him he has been very poor this season. One good game does not erase 10. You're letting your personal feelings cloud you at this stage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Probably a comfortable 7/10? He adds pace / physicality / directness to the attack and he works his socks off in defence.

He wasn't outstanding today, but he contributed to an excellent team performance. 

I've had limited access to games lately, but what I've seen and heard it's the directness I like about him. Wants to make things happen when he gets the ball, instead of just looking for the safe pass. And he's capable of it too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

If we beat them at Ewood next league match is 2nd up for grabs ?

Sheffield United absolutely battered us at Bramall Lane - one of the few teams that have looked a different class to us this year (the other, realistically, being Burnley).

I'd be very surprised if we got anything out of the return fixture, although they are having a little wobble. 

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

20 x the player Morton is. 

• Like 6