BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Bad news - we weren't going but now we are

Our record in 7 away games is 1 point from 21

Good news - with a bit of luck we can win this one 

At least you started the ball rolling with the late point at the Hawthorns, Jim. We can only hope that you are now on an overdue lucky run 😊

Not a chance tomorrow.

Threadbare squad at breaking point and too many key players missing.

The Ainsworth factor...........!!!

Gone for QPR at 6/5 and more than 2.5 goals at 13/10.

At least recent winnings have ensured I have copious quantities of fine reds to dull the pain of a Rovers' loss.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Bad news - we weren't going but now we are

Our record in 7 away games is 1 point from 21

Good news - with a bit of luck we can win this one 

But you've just demonstrated that you bring the opposite of a bit of luck. More like a bit of 'oh fuck'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance tomorrow.

At least recent winnings have ensured I have copious quantities of fine reds to dull the pain of a Rovers' loss.

Even with Jim Mk2 going, I’m now much more hopeful of a positive result 😂

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance tomorrow.

I can't even remember the last time you predicted defeat. I don't know whether that means I now expect victory, or if it's more like 'oh shit even Mercer thinks we're going to lose'.

31 minutes ago, roverinmontreal said:

So JDT talks about Ayala’s injury, Dack’s as well. Also mentions Pickering, Kaminski, Scott Wharton, BBD. Also Jake Batty and Sam Barnes. But nothing about Adam Wharton. It’s been like this for the last few ‘injury updates’ on the rovers site. Something’s going on!

Or hopefully that he's just got back fit. I'd guess that there's a better than average chance that he gets on the bench tomorrow if he came through the midweek friendly that supposedly he was involved in. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roverinmontreal said:

I just feel like that it would have been mentioned if he’s back fit and in the squad- usually they like to end on a positive note. 

Anyway, I hope you’re right!

Perhaps JDT is just keeping QPR in the dark as to whether Adam Wharton is available or not. It might make a difference to how QPR set up 

32 minutes ago, roverinmontreal said:

I just feel like that it would have been mentioned if he’s back fit and in the squad- usually they like to end on a positive note. 

Anyway, I hope you’re right!

I'm fairly sure it's already been mentioned previously that he's back in training. So probably just avoiding repetition.

• Like 2

Unsurprisingly Ayala is going to spend weeks on the physio's table.  Unlike in year's past though I feel we can actually manage without him.  Carter has really come into his own, Wharton is nearly fit, Hyam has been fantastic and Phillips is a fine understudy.  With Brittan, Pickering and JRC for the first time in what seems like forever, we actually have a group of defenders that can compete and provide cover.  

TM was right...defenders were coming, he just didnt let us know it would take 5 years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We simply must not offer him a new deal. Great defender on his day, but he can’t ever stay fit. I really hope we don’t do anything silly - it’s time to let him head back to his homeland. 

I do rate Ayala, great defender tbf.

GB's got pretty lucky that Carter is looking like he'll manage the step up because he can now let Ayala go and save a ton of cash in wages.

It would be more of a concern if we hadn't signed Hyam but Wharton, Hyam, Carter and Phillips should be 4 good options to go with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I do rate Ayala, great defender tbf.

GB's got pretty lucky that Carter is looking like he'll manage the step up because he can now let Ayala go and save a ton of cash in wages.

It would be more of a concern if we hadn't signed Hyam but Wharton, Hyam, Carter and Phillips should be 4 good options to go with.

JDT keeps on mentioning Barnes too, so I assume he rates him?