BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

Just now, Mattyblue said:

That Sheff Utd away game was when I first got the sinking feeling that we were going to bottle it.

We should have won at Sheff Utd, played well on the night, but injuries and fatigue started to kick in around that time and we didn't have the squad to handle it.  

I think the same will happen again, I hope not, but you can see it coming.

QPR 1 Rovers 1

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

We should have won at Sheff Utd, played well on the night, but injuries and fatigue started to kick in around that time and we didn't have the squad to handle it.  

I think the same will happen again, I hope not, but you can see it coming.

QPR 1 Rovers 1

We should've won against Swansea too. Created some sublime chances that we conspired to miss. 

I don't think we'll tail off as badly as we did last year, but equally we still need to show play-off form between now and the season's end to reach the 70-odd points that we'll need. It'll probably be too much for us. 

• Like 1

JTD stated in the LT, he want's rovers to get better every day and said he's pleased were in the top 6 but is'nt looking at the table. Wise words from a decent manager who will be a success at Ewood in a year or two. It's uncanny how many times Rovers have come up against clubs with new managers the next game. I think Q.P.R. will benefit from Ainsworth as manager but lets hope it's not tomorrow. 1-2 Rovers.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

JTD stated in the LT, he want's rovers to get better every day and said he's pleased were in the top 6 but is'nt looking at the table. Wise words from a decent manager who will be success at Ewood in a year or two. It's uncanny how many times Rovers have come up against clubs with new managers the next game. I think Q.P.R. will benefit from Ainsworth as manager but lets hope it's not tomorrow. 1-2 Rovers.

I do hope Ainsworth succeeds at QPR .... Just not at our expense tomorrow or in the playoff positions.

Yes I'll go for Rovers 1-2 too 

12 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

JTD stated in the LT, he want's rovers to get better every day and said he's pleased were in the top 6 but is'nt looking at the table. Wise words from a decent manager who will be a success at Ewood in a year or two. It's uncanny how many times Rovers have come up against clubs with new managers the next game. I think Q.P.R. will benefit from Ainsworth as manager but lets hope it's not tomorrow. 1-2 Rovers.

I was thinking about this myself. I'm sure there would be a way of calculating this but we seem to be facing this nearly every 3rd or 4th game...it's likely confirmational bias on my part though 😁

Edited by BigUts
spelling

19 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I was thinking about this myself. I'm sure there would be a way of calculating this but we seem to be facing this nearly every 3rd or 4th game...it's likely confirmational bias on my part though 😁

Said on radio Lancs that this is the the 9th(ninth) this season, unless I misheard it. 

They credited Rich Sharpe with the stat.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BigUts said:

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Said on radio Lancs that this is the the 9th(ninth) this season, unless I misheard it. 

I can only come up with (league only) Wigan plus this match.

plus Stoke appointing Alex Neil the day after they beat us

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Ayala out for 8 weeks, according to JDT.

Not inconceivable that we've seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt. 

This is exactly the time Mowbray would've given him a 4 year deal and pay increase to 'look after him'

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Yeah 9th time facing either a new or temporary manager this season apparently. 

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We simply must not offer him a new deal. Great defender on his day, but he can’t ever stay fit. I really hope we don’t do anything silly - it’s time to let him head back to his homeland. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Good player, a leader in a squad not particularly filled with experienced pros, but, of course, misses a hell of a lot of games and will be on a nice wedge by modern Rovers standards. 

So taking on face value GB’s view on older players not ‘blocking pathways’ of younger lads it’s very unlikely he’ll get a new deal. But I’m less worried about it than I was a year ago with Hyam, Wharton and a much improved Carter. Though Phillips could’ve done with a loan this season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We simply must not offer him a new deal. Great defender on his day, but he can’t ever stay fit. I really hope we don’t do anything silly - it’s time to let him head back to his homeland. 

Agree. I'm pleased that he's actually managed to show what he can do a bit after his disaster of a first season, but it's not enough if he is still missing about half of our games. 

If we were otherwise struggling for centre halves then I would've been tempted to see if he would re-sign on a reduced deal, but we're pretty well stocked in that department now. We'll need at least one forward for the first XI for next season, so the money we'd save on his contract is much better spent there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

There's zero plan to offer him a new deal - he's one of our highest earners and he misses half the season with injury every year. 

He's our best defender, but it's a position we're stocked at (I didn't think I'd be saying that at the start of the year!). Great opportunity for Phillips to get some game time.

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree. I'm pleased that he's actually managed to show what he can do a bit after his disaster of a first season, but it's not enough if he is still missing about half of our games. 

If we were otherwise struggling for centre halves then I would've been tempted to see if he would re-sign on a reduced deal, but we're pretty well stocked in that department now. We'll need at least one forward for the first XI for next season, so the money we'd save on his contract is much better spent there. 

I would offer Ayala a player/coach contract. 

38 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That’s a real blow, squad really down to the bare bones. His experience would have been invaluable going into the last 14 games and a solid defender, needed when we struggle to score goals at the other end.