BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think in a couple of seasons Mola will be a championship level, left sided central midfielder.

on what evidence???he can barely pass the ball five yards and can`t hold his given position on the field,that nightmare against forest has finished him here,hirst and mola must be the two worst players iv`e seen at ewwod since harold goulon and keith andrews,i hope  greg has got better players in his files and those two were desperation signings(on loan thank the lord)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on what evidence???he can barely pass the ball five yards and can`t hold his given position on the field,that nightmare against forest has finished him here,hirst and mola must be the two worst players iv`e seen at ewwod since harold goulon and keith andrews,i hope  greg has got better players in his files and those two were desperation signings(on loan thank the lord)

I am basing my opinion on what I have seen for the U21s. Which is the level that Mola is presently at, hence why I said in a couple of seasons he will be at championship level. You are basing your judgement on a couple of appearances at a level he is not yet ready for.

Edited by rigger

5 hours ago, neophox said:

Where is Mola?

He is fit but not selected for the team. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance tomorrow.

Threadbare squad at breaking point and too many key players missing.

The Ainsworth factor...........!!!

Gone for QPR at 6/5 and more than 2.5 goals at 13/10.

At least recent winnings have ensured I have copious quantities of fine reds to dull the pain of a Rovers' loss.

Nice one I feel that Rovers win is coming. 

I don't know why you the need to tell us all about your bets tho 

Our squad isn't at breaking point either. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Perhaps JDT is just keeping QPR in the dark as to whether Adam Wharton is available or not. It might make a difference to how QPR set up 

you really think QPR are worried about Adam Wharton? He has just come back from injury so probably with the squad that is away until Wednesday now

45 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT keeps on mentioning Barnes too, so I assume he rates him?

Yes he clearly does. Barnes was picked for the bench ahead of Phillips for the first game

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am basing my opinion on what I have seen for the U21s. Which is the level that Mola is presently at, hence why I said in a couple of seasons he will be at championship level. You are basing your judgement on a couple of appearances at a level he is not yet ready for.

so it will take 2 seasons to get him ready for first team football,that makes him not very good and not worth the investment in coaching and time,given the fact he`s already 22 it`s clear the lad is`nt going to make it

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm fairly sure it's already been mentioned previously that he's back in training. So probably just avoiding repetition.

Yes, he's back playing in the U21s to get match fitness up, so he's no longer on the injury list.

Also, Mola was sent back to his parent club in the transfer window, wasn't he?

Edited by Andy

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance tomorrow.

Threadbare squad at breaking point and too many key players missing.

The Ainsworth factor...........!!!

Gone for QPR at 6/5 and more than 2.5 goals at 13/10.

At least recent winnings have ensured I have copious quantities of fine reds to dull the pain of a Rovers' loss.

1-0 win to Rovers confirmed. Cheers for that Merce 😃

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is fit but not selected for the team. 

Nice one I feel that Rovers win is coming. 

I don't know why you the need to tell us all about your bets tho 

Our squad isn't at breaking point either. 

you really think QPR are worried about Adam Wharton? He has just come back from injury so probably with the squad that is away until Wednesday now

Yes he clearly does. Barnes was picked for the bench ahead of Phillips for the first game

Gareth Ainsworth might be.

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yes, he's back playing in the U21s to get match fitness up, so he's no longer on the injury list.

Also, Mola was sent back to his parent club in the transfer window, wasn't he?

Has Mola been sent back, I thought he was still here ?

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so it will take 2 seasons to get him ready for first team football,that makes him not very good and not worth the investment in coaching and time,given the fact he`s already 22 it`s clear the lad is`nt going to make it

Only time will tell who is right. I hope I am still around in two seasons time, to see that I am right. 

7 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Ayala out for 8 weeks, according to JDT.

Not inconceivable that we've seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt. 

It was an enormous risk when we took him on, especially when we didn't have cover.

We are in a better position now.

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Never change, Tony. Never change.

Oh he won't.

So, a Mowbray team in a death spiral in the second half of the season, and Ayala getting a long-term injury in the winter. It does feel like old times.

Personally I wouldn't be that bothered if Ayala got a one-year deal if it was on significantly reduced terms, but he's unlikely to take something like that anyway. Even if he would, the better decision is still probably to let him go. We have some good players in that position now, most of whom still have capacity for improvement.

Hyam, Wharton, Carter, Phillips...hmm, thinking about it, 4 for 2 spots is the usual mantra for a squad, but all 4 have had some injury issues, and Phillips is still very inexperienced. Plus we occasionally like to play three at the back. If we do let Ayala go I wouldn't be surprised if we move in for someone else. After all, we were interested in Porteous, so that's probably the plan. I don't know if keeping Ayala on a cheap one-year deal might not be a better option than going into the market or risking being short on capable CBs. Would give time for Phillips to bed in to senior football without having someone in his way longer term. There's also Sam Barnes though, who JDT seems to rate.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team is

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Brittain

Buckley Travis

Thomas Szmodics Dolan

Gallagher

Subs:- Hilton Phillips Edun Morton Garrett Hedges Vale

I will go for Rovers away win 2-1. Dolan and Travis to score

Same 👍🏼

• Like 1