BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 25/2/23

We haven’t lost in the league since Rotherham trashed us 4-0. That’s 6 games without losing. Despite 4 of them being draws, that we haven’t been the most entertaining side and the fact we have injuries to key players it’s still a welcome change from Mowbrays february spiral of doom.

Don’t know what to think about todays game, but for some reason expext a loss or a draw. Won’t be able to watch/stream the game today as I promised my partner we’d go visit her parents today. Will be checking the pone constantly under the table as I suffer during dinner at her moms place, so updaes on here would be appreciated. COYB!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Would have liked to have gone today, my daughter lives just down the road from Loftus Road but unfortunately Mrs PB is actually down in the smoke with her and so I get to dog-sit 🤷‍♂️

Gwan now - take the dog with ye! Get beered up and then 'surprise' yer other half & her mum with an unexpected visit at 5.15 🤣

1 hour ago, moerpho said:

We haven’t lost in the league since Rotherham trashed us 4-0. That’s 6 games without losing. Despite 4 of them being draws, that we haven’t been the most entertaining side and the fact we have injuries to key players it’s still a welcome change from Mowbrays february spiral of doom.

Don’t know what to think about todays game, but for some reason expext a loss or a draw. Won’t be able to watch/stream the game today as I promised my partner we’d go visit her parents today. Will be checking the pone constantly under the table as I suffer during dinner at her moms place, so updaes on here would be appreciated. COYB!!!

Ouch, good luck for today. I am hoping 'pone' isn't some street lingo for penis...

2 hours ago, 47er said:

So what will Gallagher bring to proceedings? Even Chaddy thinks he won't score. Its dire up-front.

Who knows? He’s been absolutely shite, but we don’t have anyone else available and Vale is even less effective that Gally. Which is why, honestly I’d just keep playing him in the hope that one crashes in off his backside, he regains some confidence and scores another 5-10 goals between now and May. He is a handful when he’s on it 🤞🏽

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, moerpho said:

True, i'm sure grinding out draws with non enterprising football and snatching the odd goal wins is better than dominating possession every week and losing 1 nil.

This is exactly what we pined for under Mowbray, results first performances and stats second but we often got the opposite under him then had to listen to how happy he was about it.

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Who knows? He’s been absolutely shite, but we don’t have anyone else available and Vale is even less effective that Gally. Which is why, honestly I’d just keep playing him in the hope that one crashes in off his backside, he regains some confidence and scores another 5-10 goals between now and May. He is a handful when he’s on it 🤞🏽

Move Pickering from full-back to central striker is my suggestion.

After all it worked in 1963!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

Ouch, good luck for today. I am hoping 'pone' isn't some street lingo for penis...

pone
/pəʊn/
noun
US

1. unleavened maize bread in the form of flat oval cakes or loaves, originally as prepared with water by North American Indians and cooked in hot ashes.
    "she used to come into town weekly to sell her pone"

phew…
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

True, i'm sure grinding out draws with non enterprising football and snatching the odd goal wins is better than dominating possession every week and losing 1 nil.

This is exactly what we pined for under Mowbray, results first performances and stats second but we often got the opposite under him then had to listen to how happy he was about it.

When did we get performances under Mowbray?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The stats say we are much more likely to win when Gallagher plays. 

Even if we had a fully fit squad, it would be a big decision to leave him out.