BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

12 hours ago, goozburger said:

In total, there are 18,210 seats that are sellable to home supporters. This takes into account the closed parts of the stadium, such as the BBE upper and the DE.

Of those 18,210 seats, 10,927 are marked as unavailable. This includes all of last season's ST holders, whether they renewed or not, plus any new sales.

If you consider there were 9,300 ST holders last season, this is why I was suggesting 1,600 new ST holders so far. The contentious part is if an existing ST holder moves seats and whether their old seat is marked as available or still left as unavailable.

If we take the club's word that we've sold 7,000 so far, it means that a good few thousand haven't renewed (yet) based on the total count of unavailable sale-able seats. 🤪

why do you think we will have the correct number? 

I read that we generated revenue of £2.45m last year from 9.3k season tickets and 409 half season tickets, which works out an average ~£250 a ticket, i.e. weighted between adult/senior/kid (allegedly the highest revenue since relegation).

To make the exact same revenue and get 15k sales the average price would have to be £163. I'd imagine that would be about £200/£150/£100/£75 tiers for adults/seniors/kids etc. (or at worst £230 adult which could be branded as £10 per game)

Personally, I think it's a no-brainer that we'd sell 5k extra if it was priced at £200 compared to £379/£429 (we've seen 16k+ with walk ons in consecutive weeks at £25/£30 a match - along with what we know Bolton/PNE sell).

Obviously you'd lose matchday ticket revenue as you'd get less walk-ons, that probably equates to around £750k (which you could make back by adding it to the season ticket prices i.e. charge £250/£175/£125/£75

It just shows it's lazy, outdated thinking by those in charge. They COULD make the change, make it affordable, fill Ewood, improve our atmosphere, rebuild the team in the community. They just can't be bothered doing it.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

Fans Forum next week so prepare for more skriking about having no choice but to have STs at eye watering levels due to ‘overheads’ and ‘operating costs’… a BRFC only phenomenon obviously as *all* our neighbours have gone the other way on pricing since Covid…

They don't realise their lack of ambition to rebuild the crowds is doing in the local area and for the clubs future.

Burnley now monopolising support in East Lancs, thankfully they don't have a near 32k capacity but if they did they wouldn't fill it.  What they would do though is do some deals to try and fill it like we used to do.

Preston are just Preston but they get extra in just because it's cheap and Bolton on the other side are rebuilding their club putting great importance on the numbers attending.

Rovers sit in the middle struggling for numbers and on the back of basically threatening fans in the past to buy and ST/renew or face price hikes now it's grab one early and you'll save twenty quid !

Revolutionary thinking.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do you think we will have the correct number?

Well, I don't think we'll get the correct number! It's just an estimate because there are lots of little behavioural issues with the seat map, particularly at the moment.

During any "save your seat" period, all of last season's seats are marked as "unavailable" in the seat map for the entire duration of the "save your seat" period, whether they have renewed or not. That figure should be around 9,300 in the current seat map.

So the first problem is that there is no way to tell how many of last season's ST holders have renewed. 8,000 supporters could have renewed, but it would still show those 9,300 seats as "unavailable". 1 supporter could have renewed, and it would still show those 9,300 seats as unavailable.

The second problem is if an existing season ticket holders renews, but switches to a new seat. There are two possibilities, but only an existing season ticket holder that is switching to a new seat next season would be able to tell me what happens to their old seat.

Possibility 1

If I move from seat 1 to seat 2, seat 1 changes from "unavailable" to "available" (so one less "unavailable" seat, moving the figure to 9,299 "unavailable" seats), and seat 2 changes from "available" to "unavailable" (so one more "unavailable" seat, moving the figure back to 9,300).

Possibility 2

If I move from seat 1 to seat 2, seat 1 stays as "unavailable" (so the the number of "unavailable" seats stays at 9,300), and seat 2 changes from "available" to "unavailable" (so one more "unavailable" seat, moving the figure to 9,301).

It's a big difference, but the above two problems are basically what makes counting somewhat pointless until the "save your seat" period is over.

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Once save your seat ends then we'll get a better idea.

Basically this. You get true visibility of ST sales.

And then the third problem occurs a few weeks before the start of the season when the first single matchday tickets go on sale. They skew the seat map visibility all over again. Last season, I used the last estimate of ST sales before matchday tickets went on sale, and then added three week's worth of sales based on the previous week or two. This came to an estimate of 8,622 season ticket sales by the start of the season.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Your estimate was pretty much bang on for full ST sales, we only hit 9,300 with half STs

If we are doing okay again at the midway point next season, it'll be interesting to see how half season ticket sales go. Considering we've had two consecutive seasons now of collapsing from January onwards, you have to think those that bought them may not have felt like they got their money's worth. Especially this season when the end of our 9 game winless streak came away from home. 

But then, it's relatively small numbers (< 1k?) so maybe it won't have a significant impact either way. 

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The timings of the price increases show just how out of touch not only swag but the whole of the club are. I guess ultimately its down to him but surely there's people that work there that can point the basics out?!?! Many families out there will have an eye on their summer holiday and its around now that many of them are paying the outstanding balance which is approaching the deadline to pay it. Money is tight, folk have priorities! For little reasons like this, you will always get some late purchases when people return from holidays, but why the hell are they being penalised for doing so?

So which one is it? Are they too oblivious to modern family life OR do they simply not give a fuck?

I’ve put this to Waggott and co repeatedly over the last 2 years in pretty simple terms…

You are giving people one, or if they are lucky perhaps 2 paydays to find the money for a season ticket. It’s not enough time, you need to get them on sale earlier. Give them a chance to get the funds together.

I was happy when they were released at the earliest date in living memory, a breakthrough maybe? But no, the earlybird means that there’s a price hike if you haven’t bought within 5/6 weeks… or one payday, two if you are lucky.

42 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Any response from Waggot to your excellent letter Glenn would be most welcome shared on here...we wait with baited breath!

Waggott should be asked at the fans forum meeting, what is his response to Glens letter. Someone should take a copy of the letter to the meeting, for when it's existance is denied.

If Glen is agreeable to this. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Must have low operational costs 10 miles down the road, or maybe billionaire owners generously funding the club every year. 

One thing they won't do is spend £300k a year employing a spiv

Bolton's playoff match with Barnsley is heading for a sell out. They haven't screwed their supporters over though with £20 for adults, £15 for seniors and £5 for kids. There is absolutely no reason why we can't do something similar to them with season tickets.

Footnote:

I'll wager anything that their Chief Executive isn't on £300k though. How many season tickets do we have to sell to cover Swags wages I wonder?

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’d need to sell 700 at the ‘phase 2’ entry price of £429… so we literally won’t sell enough from now on to even cover the wages of the architect of this farce.

The irony.

Given the age demographic it would more than likely be over one thousand season tickets. So roughly 10% of our season ticket holders money pays for him.

As you say Matty the irony.

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I presume  the true feelings of the fanbase will be made very clear in the FF to whoever can be arsed attending from the club, @K-Hod

Not a load of nodding heads when Swag and co attempt a sob story…

You assume correctly. I don’t pull any punches myself!
I’m already asking some questions a poster has raised with me today and if anyone else has anything they’d like me to ask- DMs are open….

• Like 3

thanks @goozburgerfor the reply and everything you do for trying to give an accurate count of the ST sales. 

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve put this to Waggott and co repeatedly over the last 2 years in pretty simple terms…

You are giving people one, or if they are lucky perhaps 2 paydays to find the money for a season ticket. It’s not enough time, you need to get them on sale earlier. Give them a chance to get the funds together.

I was happy when they were released at the earliest date in living memory, a breakthrough maybe? But no, the earlybird means that there’s a price hike if you haven’t bought within 5/6 weeks… or one payday, two if you are lucky.

I don't know why Rovers just don't keep the price constant throughout the summer as people circumstances can changed like working hours or getting a better job. I don't think people at Ewood Park understand that about people living and working with the local area whether its Blackburn, Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Darwen, etc. 

I was also happy that they were released early but why I such short deadline I don't get cos not everyone can afford it there and then. People might not want to get into debt or other related issues

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I’m already asking some questions a poster has raised with me today and if anyone else has anything they’d like me to ask- DMs are open….

when is the next fans forum meeting? 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

May I suggest that you print/screenshot as many responses on here as possible? While redacting usernames if required, obv.

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

May I suggest that you print/screenshot as many responses on here as possible? While redacting usernames if required, obv.

Wouldn't Rovers already know what is said on here already? Surely that why we have social media officer keeping the club inform our fans opinions? 

Just 5 more "unavailable" seats than there were around 18 hours ago. Sales are going to completely dry up.

My suspicion is Waggott would be delighted with somewhere close to 10,000 after half ST sales in winter, and is probably looking at between 8,000 and 9,000 before the season starts. We'll trickle towards 8,000 now that the "good" price has disappeared. Only a good early window will see us reach more than that, I think. 🙄

• Like 2