BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

• Backroom

Same side apart from Hedges for the cup tied Thomas.

We can beat these, they are 3 points off the relegation zone and will be concentrating on the league. 

2-0 to the Rovers. Gallagher X 2 😎

• Like 5

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

I think with the fixture pile up and the abundance of hamstring injuries going around I think it might be wise to rotate a little bit here.

Will be interesting to see if the likes of garrett, Vale and Phillips are given a chance.

Think it might be a good time to use the 5 at the back.

• Like 1

I'll stick to my guns and say play the B team/kids again so they can get more valuable experience.

A trip to Wembley would be nice but i' much prefer it in the play offs it's all i really care about when we are in the position we are in.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Disagree.  League points dropped can be retrieved

This is a one-off game. A quarter-final of the FA Cup is at stake. The last eight. Two games from a Wembley FA Cup final for the first time since 1960. The chance to make some club history

Nothing should be more important than that.

Spot on, play each game as they come.

If they have the pride, which I believe they now do have, then any player who is "rested" will be well pissed off with missing a cup game against PL opposition.

Those who like to argue about anything just for the sake of it will disagree. They are wrong.

• Like 2

End of the day JDT should do what he feels best. Anybody with any kind of niggle/fitness worry shouldn’t be risked.

On the flip side, presuming that lot beat Fleetwood, after Reading (15th March), we won’t have a league game for two and a half weeks, so there will soon be time to freshen folk up.

He has tinkered well in cup ties thus far and I trust his judgment (he’ll still get a load of grief on here obviously if he’s deemed to have tinkered too much, you can see positions being taken already).

• Like 5

One decision already made is that Brereton won't play due to suspension after being cautioned in both Birmingham games. Given the lateness of this announcement I don't think Rovers were aware of this (I certainly wasn't) as this is a recent change whereby two FA Cup yellow cards in the season means a one match suspension in the next round.

I’ll be amazed if Leicester don’t field their strongest side tomorrow. Despite their league position I don’t see them being dragged in to a relegation fight. They will see the FA Cup as a way of restoring what’s been a disappointing season for them.

I’m going to the game tomorrow and looking forward to tick another ground off. Unfortunately I think the schedule and depleted squad will get the better of us tomorrow. That being said, I thought the same when we played West Ham….

COME ON YOU BLUES!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can put your house on Morton playing.

Be interesting to see if he's better suited playing against Premiership sides than the kick and rush Championship cloggers.

He certainly has the ability.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Someone called Burnley, *at home*, a ‘free hit’ the other day and it may have been the most depressing thing I’ve ever read on here…

That comes from self-pitying losers attitude that has developed over the last 10 years. The 'look how far we've fallen' mob that are all over social meeja. That's how Mowbray got away with shrugging his shoulders after we went 15 games without a win, or whatever shite it was.

At least JDT has brought some standards back, and players who aren't at it get dropped. 

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Someone called Burnley, *at home*, a ‘free hit’ the other day and it may have been the most depressing thing I’ve ever read on here…

No chance! 

When I say 'free hit' in this context, I mean more it's a game we aren't expected to win and we can play with a bit of freedom. Probably the wrong choice of words, but it's the most relaxed I've been about a game in a while. The pressure is on the home side. By no means am I suggesting we should write it off or be happy having our bellies tickled!

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That comes from self-pitying losers attitude that has developed over the last 10 years. The 'look how far we've fallen' mob that are all over social meeja. That's how Mowbray got away with shrugging his shoulders after we went 15 games without a win, or whatever shite it was.

At least JDT has brought some standards back, and players who aren't at it get dropped. 

There has been a lot of that. Remember the collective shrug of the shoulder from some when we shipped 7 at home to Fulham - 'they're top of the league' etc was trotted out by many. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

No chance! 

When I say 'free hit' in this context, I mean more it's a game we aren't expected to win and we can play with a bit of freedom. Probably the wrong choice of words, but it's the most relaxed I've been about a game in a while. The pressure is on the home side. By no means am I suggesting we should write it off or be happy having our bellies tickled!

No I get it for a cup tie away at a PL club when we are also going for the play offs…

however that lot, at home? Though I thought it summed up this last decade perfectly, in fairness.