BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

My worst prospect is that the Dingles are made champions just before our game, and our players have to perform a guard of honour as they come onto the pitch.

I was told the police won't let them get promoted at Ewood (i.e. will insist that the game is moved) but would let this happen, FYI. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smiller14 said:

There were plenty of excuses and downplaying of the defeat at Turf Moor in the aftermath as well. At home vs Burnley is madness - we'll likely go in as underdogs, but it's a huge game and we have some pride to regain after the debacle in November. 

I'm not sure if it's because we've been so downtrodden for the last decade, or whether TM's constant talking us down has convinced some, but some people are happy to accept absolute shite. As a poster alluded to above, JDT does appear to have a bit more ambition about him, which I hope will translate to the fanbase. 

I don't know anyone that sits near me in the Jack Walker that will accept absolute shit.

They will accept that Burnley have spent £40m+ in two transfer windows on promotion - you have to be realistic. 

Football really is the epitome of money talks.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't know anyone that sits near me in the Jack Walker that will accept absolute shit.

They will accept that Burnley have spent £40m+ in two transfer windows on promotion - you have to be realistic. 

And they're a very well run club

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

FA cup win 100%. As a supporter, football is about memories and an FA cup win at Wembley would always be stand out.

I get why the business suits would prefer promotion, and obviously we would all love to go up but to win the main cup trophy in the country (throw in a European tour) would be incredible for a fan.

Hear hear, @roversfan99!

My Dad couldn't afford to go to the 1928 FA Cup Final; and as for the 1960 event, well, we lived in Blackpool, only coming over to Ewood for the Saturday home games, as well as going to the Division One games away to Blackpool (obvs!), PNE, and Bolt-on. (For some reason, visits to see our game East of Accrington were never on the agenda.) So we had even less chance of - or right to! - tickets for that year's Final than many who attended every home game and more away games than we did.

Dad passed away about three years before the Full Members' Cup Final and another fifteen before the League Cup Final v. Spurs in Cardiff. So, although I've seen us win "Cup Finals", I haven't seen the ultimate prize: Rovers in THE Cup Final at Wember-lee!

And I'd love to; before I "pop my clogs"! Preferably v. Aston Villa; with their celebrity fan - Prince William - in the Royal Box handing out the trophy and medals.

• Like 7

I try to stay positive, & think we can compete in the Cup, without falling down vs ShefU. I expect Tomasson to pick a strong side. We could pull off a big shocker, ala, the West Ham game. 

Rodgers has underachieved greatly, in my book. He has a good roster of players, should be at least top 8 in PL. I think he uses this game to motivate his players, spur them on down the backstretch of the schedule, so maybe 2-3 younger players in his 11. 

My key word is “could”. I love our defensive efforts of late, sadly, I think this one might be asking too much, 3-1. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

All depends on who spending the money - we allowed Kean to waste our parachute payments.

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

All depends on who spending the money - we allowed Kean to waste our parachute payments.

The payments weren't anywhere near as powerful as they are now, but you're right, we did.

14 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Despite the reputation on here of Rovers' current CEO - Disclaimer: I've never met the bloke nor have knowingly spoken to him - hopefully we run a tighter ship with our owners' money than we used to back in those particular days, @DavidMailsTightPerm.

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Promotion to the prem this season... or an FA cup win?

FA Cup win and another piece of silverware in the cabinet of the best club in Lancashire.

However, this is more about the belief of if we would get that far with our current squad. We won't. The amount of hamstring injuries we've collected recently isn't a coincidence. I'd expect to see a mixture of experience and youth. I think Sharpe suggested as much.

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It would be different if the police advised that a guard of honour was not advisable but some posters seem to be advocating that the club should refuse it - I can't agree with that at all.

They should do it if they want to do it, if they have no choice it’s just an empty gesture 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

All my life ! But seriously I would like to think our club could act with a bit of class. Let's face it the people running the club for the last dozen years haven't always done so and perhaps just as things might be turning our way on the pitch we could show our better side.

Our lads should turn away and show them their backsides.

That'll learn 'em!

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Nonsense. We would be behaving like gentlemen.

Whilst they sing about death for 90 mins? Under absolutely no circumstances should we give them a guard of honour.