BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

I’m not sure about this; I think we’re seeing JDT’s strategy now.

Just the players are braver and more confident in performing it.

The way we’re playing is completely different from the laboured, slow, uncreative team from a few months ago. He’s had a rethink and so far, it’s working

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

Add to that the disappearance of Kaminski and Ayala who were crap at playing it out, Smodzics emerging, JRC being signed from Boca Juniors, Thomas, the man-management of Travis and Dolan getting a run of starts.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto Mk2
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

He’s been a superb signing.

Huge effort closing down and quality on the ball.

Annoyed Warnock too. Beautiful.

Agreed - he gives us something different. He seems to be really enjoying being here too - we need to try and sign him permanently...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think that is fair. And he had weeks with Travis or Buckley playing right back, Phillips playing CB and academy lads in CM. (I’ll admit I was critical in that mid-season lull)

More settled team and wide wingers, and we’re looking like a proper 11

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Is it time to start digging out the JDT hate quote posts yet? 

It's funny you should mention this as I keep remembering the post from someone who said JDT wasn't an upgrade on Mowbray (don't worry, I can't remember who you are). 

I'd say he is a massive upgrade on Mike 'Mowbray' Bassett as we're now seeing how he wants us to play and the team putting it into practice and believing. 

We would never have played like we have recently under Mowbray, never.

• Like 5

Superb win and by a great move from the team, finished expertly by Pickering and then we kept the Sheffield wild animals at bay.

TBH we should have scored at least one more, Buckley missed the goal completely, somehow, and Szmodics should have just wellied it low.

Still a great performance by all including JDT and his colleagues.

What a detestable team SU are. Thugs. I will leave it at that but I so want them to miss out on promotion, In the hope that it will mess them up big time including financially.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Absolutely superb result, a Rovers team to be proud of, haven't felt that in a long, long time.

Dom Hyam by the way, some signing that. 

Best defender in the championship in my opinion 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, yeti-dog said:

It's funny you should mention this as I keep remembering the post from someone who said JDT wasn't an upgrade on Mowbray (don't worry, I can't remember who you are). 

I'd say he is a massive upgrade on Mike 'Mowbray' Bassett as we're now seeing how he wants us to play and the team putting it into practice and believing. 

We would never have played like we have recently under Mowbray, never.

It wasn’t too long ago that one or two on here were legitimately calling for JDT to be sacked.

As I said at the time - it just holds true moreso at the moment - it would be absolute footballing suicide to do that, when we’re in this period of transition as a team, a new manager who has only been in position for a matter of months.

Be patient and give them time to either succeed or fail.

Fortunately for us, the signs seem to be positive, but we’re still not as good as JDT will make us if he’s supported (both internally and externally).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I don’t think Gallagher is getting enough credit, he had a great game and kept the centre halves occupied. He won loads of headers and never stopped running and challenging for balls, heck he even showed skill at times like the flick over the head of their right back. I am one of his biggest critics but he was brilliant today. 
Travis also had a brilliant game and didn’t do his usual mistakes. Fantastic performance all round especially defensively. 

He's slow to kick the ball and loses possession too often though (as well as just generally slow). He could have done something with the ball several times today when through or in a shooting position, but more often than not it, he gets it nicked off him or cannons his shot or pass off an opposing player.

He's the weak link in our team for me, if we get someone more clinical and quicker to react in, we'd be an absolute force.

Hyam my MOTM, an absolute rock of a player (and some brilliant recruitment from GB).

Edited by jny
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, you can see it in Travs game now. We’re moving the ball a lot quicker and knocked it around today with confidence.

Trav looking more like the box to box midfielder we saw in the opening few weeks. Starting to create stuff around the edge of the box. 
Can’t fault much at all today. Sit back and see how the rest get on now (likewise we can do that next week after a Friday night match)

• Like 1