BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

31 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Thomas although didn’t get on the ball as much as we all liked, his defending & tracking back today was second to none. 
Can’t remember when it was but he sprinted back more or less half of the pitch to take the ball off their player & win it back…
Hopefully we can sign him on the cheap.

Warnock on the record as rueing the fact he was allowed out on loan by the previous manager

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-sorba-thomas-transfer-26381520.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiQqLn8jMP9AhVuRkEAHe7nAQwQ0PADKAB6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw3F7z0m4eLhai1Kjxw1DuYX

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Not even sure why he’s smug, he’s failed everywhere he’s managed hasn’t he. Somehow got the Leeds job, albeit when they were a low point. Then got this job full of parachute payments out of nowhere. 
Best agent in the business

Same agent as Southgate 

25 minutes ago, superniko said:

Not even sure why he’s smug, he’s failed everywhere he’s managed hasn’t he. Somehow got the Leeds job, albeit when they were a low point. Then got this job full of parachute payments out of nowhere. 
Best agent in the business

Edit: just looked it up and won promotion with Barnsley from L1. Not a clue how he’s got a gig that would be odds on to be in the Prem in a year or two. 

Agreed, the guy is a complete nobody and got more jam than Hartleys to have got that gig. He'll be scratching around for something in the lower leagues when he's potted in the next 12 months.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Thomas although didn’t get on the ball as much as we all liked, his defending & tracking back today was second to none. 
Can’t remember when it was but he sprinted back more or less half of the pitch to take the ball off their player & win it back…
Hopefully we can sign him on the cheap.

He sprinted back to dispossess a Sheffield United player twice. He also put several really dangerous balls into the box. 

If we're in this division next year and he can be had cheaply I think we'd be silly not to sign him up long term. 

• Like 7

From the BBC website - fair assessment or deluded twaddle?

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom:

"First half we passed the ball well on a really tricky pitch. We got into some good areas and lacked the quality in key moments. They had three attempts, and two of them were from counter attacks and corners, and one was from us leaving a runner, so at half-time I was confident.

"I thought we'd go on and win the game, and expected us to because it's easy to put those things right.

"But we came out in the second half and Blackburn started much better than us. We had to make changes, had to try and wrestle the momentum back and we did get back on top in terms of ball and territory."

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Wow watching the full game back on Sky Sport snow. That Basham tackle on Dolan early in second half wasn’t half nasty. Could easily have broken Dolans leg if his foot stayed planted 

Basham was booked too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

How is the team we beat today second in the league? looks bang average, nothing special about this team. Choked on my coffee when they brought on Sharp (they are seriously desperate), we should have brought on Shearer.

All we need a plan and and a team who's willing to fight for one another to beat this lot. Overrated bunch. Glad to send them packing.

Do you even like football?

Anyone could see they are a top side and second for a reason

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

"First half we passed the ball well on a really tricky pitch. We got into some good areas and lacked the quality in key moments. They had three attempts, and two of them were from counter attacks and corners, and one was from us leaving a runner, so at half-time I was confident.

"I thought we'd go on and win the game, and expected us to because it's easy to put those things right.

"But we came out in the second half and Blackburn started much better than us. We had to make changes, had to try and wrestle the momentum back and we did get back on top in terms of ball and territory."

I think what he said there is fair enough to be honest. At half time I also thought on the pattern of play they’d go on to win. They are a very good championship side and I’m sure will go up automatically. For us to win they had to be slightly off form and we had to be on near top form. 

One Mowbray-esque inconsistency in his interview was he banged on about possession, shots even that xg nonsense then said “I don’t go into the stats.” Fucking hell pal you’ve just spent 3 mins banging on about irrelevant stats. Then “Blackburn were going down to create attention to the referee.” No you bog Yorkshire fucker fouls are fouls. 

• Like 3

Apparently not a booking. Disgusting refereeing. I’m sorry I saw it from 20 yards away and it is every bit as bad as I thought it was at the time. That referee should be punished. 
Seeing as no action was taken, can the FA punish like they did when Madine stamped on Travis?

24B09BD9-72D6-43B0-A60A-D0BF22901024.jpeg

Edited by Crozzy
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Crozzy said:

Apparently not a booking. Disgusting refereeing. I’m sorry I saw it from 20 yards away and it is every bit as bad as I thought it was at the time. That referee should be punished. 
Seeing as no action was taken, can the FA punish like they did when Madine stamped on Travis?

That’s a red card all day long.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Crozzy said:

No doubt about it he should have been off. A clear second yellow, could have been a straight red, but not card shown.

Can't see there will be any FA review as it was a tackle not a stamp. He got away with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I think what he said there is fair enough to be honest. At half time I also thought on the pattern of play they’d go on to win. They are a very good championship side and I’m sure will go up automatically. For us to win they had to be slightly off form and we had to be on near top form. 

One Mowbray-esque inconsistency in his interview was he banged on about possession, shots even that xg nonsense then said “I don’t go into the stats.” Fucking hell pal you’ve just spent 3 mins banging on about irrelevant stats. Then “Blackburn were going down to create attention to the referee.” No you bog Yorkshire fucker fouls are fouls. 

I think they got battered mate, to be honest. Lucky to not be down to 10 for half an hour and not to concede 3 or 4 goals. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

HIs temperament lets him down. He gets a red card today and he’s out of the team having just established himself again. He seems to be a slow learner. I never saw any point in mouthing off to the officials, you just turn them against you.

Come on man ffs. His teammate has just been two studded and the ref or linesman didn’t see it when everyone else did? Slow learner indeed

3 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Come on man ffs. His teammate has just been two studded and the ref or linesman didn’t see it when everyone else did? Slow learner indeed

I'd be a slow learner too if I was sent off for something that Saka wasn't sent off for not a week later.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Pretty fair. Sheffield were on top in the 1st half and should have scored at least 2. We had one (brilliant) move and scored. We were better than them for most of the 2nd half. 

He's right about the Ewood pitch too. The difference between ours and Leicester's in midweek is clear. 

We're a decent passing side and the pitch at Ewood isn't helping us

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they didn’t see it, they didn’t see it. Buckley mouthing off won’t improve their eyesight. 

It’s their job between two of them in close proximity to see it. Buckley has every right to speak up for his team mate

17 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

No doubt about it he should have been off. A clear second yellow, could have been a straight red, but not card shown.

Can't see there will be any FA review as it was a tackle not a stamp. He got away with it.

There won't be any retrospective action as it wasn't 'unseen' as a free kick was given. That will negate any further action.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Agreed. He just keeps getting better and better every game and you can tell his love for playing for the Rovers is 100 percent genuine. Great crop of youngsters we have right now for sure.

But don't let his contract run down Rovers!

• Like 1