BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Sam Gallagher was tremendous again today, his work ethic is head and shoulders above every other player in blue n white.

He doesn’t score enough goals, but his defensive abilities are integral to this side and he was colossal today tracking back and defending. 

TBF Brereton gives his all every game and always has. Not very productive in recent times of course but we were saying much the same about Gally not that long ago!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I know they can tell if you’re in the UK but I don’t know if they can tell where in the UK you are (without you telling them)

Maybe somebody more techie does know…

How about trying via a VPN and choosing a northern base?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crozzy said:

Apparently not a booking. Disgusting refereeing. I’m sorry I saw it from 20 yards away and it is every bit as bad as I thought it was at the time. That referee should be punished. 
Seeing as no action was taken, can the FA punish like they did when Madine stamped on Travis?

24B09BD9-72D6-43B0-A60A-D0BF22901024.jpeg

In hindsight, a more fitting punishment would be GBH.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

TBF Brereton gives his all every game and always has. Not very productive in recent times of course but we were saying much the same about Gally not that long ago!

I'm not having that, Brereton has looked disinterested for months, I'd have sold him in the summer and given him away to the highest bidder in Jan.

Gallagher never gives less than 110%, his end product isn't anywhere near as good at Diaz, but his work ethic is second to non. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

His performance today was the best I've seen from him for a very long time. All that was missing was a goal.

However his work ethic is shared by quite a number of his colleagues in this new version of Rovers.

Gallagher was very good at Leicester in midweek too. Along with the rest of the team, he seems to be more confident. He still makes the wrong pass and and loses the ball when he shouldn't and doesn't use his physique enough but by his standards he's playing well. 

The idea that he's the hardest working member of the team and always has been is a load of baloney though. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Gallagher looks better knowing BBD will probably be departing. 

I still think BBD in for gally up top if it happens could kick us up to another level.

Gally stays for stoke  as he's earned it with his last 3 performances. Really led the line in the last 2 which we'd been crying out for him to do and poached some goals at qpr which he doesn't do often enough.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J*B said:

Gallagher looks much better playing as a centre forward. 

I’m convinced he’d make a good centre back with his defensive headers when we defend from corners. 

• Like 3

Gally has finally started using his physical attributes it's like it's finally dawned on him he's a big strong lad. He's been putting it about more in the last few games than ever before hes even learned to tackle.

There's a B tech Kevin Davis in there if they work hard on him.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm not having that, Brereton has looked disinterested for months, I'd have sold him in the summer and given him away to the highest bidder in Jan.

Gallagher never gives less than 110%, his end product isn't anywhere near as good at Diaz, but his work ethic is second to non. 

I must admit that whilst he's been poor, I don't buy he's looked disinterested. He's been criticised by many for too often being in the left back position, which was the result of chasing back too much. To me, he's put effort in but just hasn't had the quality to go with it unlike last year - although appreciate people may disagree and I don't catch 90 mins of every game!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Gally has finally started using his physical attributes it's like it's finally dawned on him he's a big strong lad. He's been putting it about more in the last few games than ever before hes even learned to tackle.

There's a B tech Kevin Davis in there if they work hard on him.

He's always been a confidence player. When he gets going, he can be an absolute monster of a centre forward. Some of the goals he's scored in recent seasons have been pretty sensational. But he has suffered from injuries on and off, and once he drops out of the team and has 1 or 2 poor games, he starts to struggle massively.

We've really needed him and Dolan to step up in this second half of the season given BBD's form has completely dropped off, so it's a really good sign both have done that. 11 games to go, they need to keep that hunger and energy going.

I can't see BBD getting back into the side atm... he was anonymous again last night and the one chance he got he fluffed spectacularly. He needs to work his way back in now from the bench - he shouldn't be an automatic starter like he was pre-injury. 

A bit disappointed with Hedges as well... he was our best player at the start of the season, but has been incredibly inconsistent in the last few months. Having Hedges, BBD and Dack/Szmods on the bench is a good problem to have though!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Having bore witness to pathetic games at Wigan, Coventry, Rotherham etc during which it seemed we had no idea, no plan, no fluidity and not a bloody clue, it has been intriguing just watching this team develop over the past few months. In fact, it has been nothing short of a miracle to see what is happening on the pitch. There is fire in the belly, there is a willingness to run, to fight, to play for each other, a plan on the park, each to a man, the players know their job and it is incredible to see the results of their hard work.

Today, Sheff Utd would have thought they were rolling up and taking 3 points with them, It didnt happen as Rovers took them on, forced them to concede ground and struck at the right moment, and what a move it was, a complete team goal.

Carter and Hyam have been immense backed up by JRC and Pickering. Travis is a man possessed and there are fewer gaps in the middle because of his tenacity and the willingness of players around him to cover, which often hasnt been the case during this season.

Gally, well who would have imagined just what a valuable player he can be in the right set up. Samer can be said of Smodic and Dolan, two terrific players today and over the past few weeks.

I was impressed with how Sheff U play the quick ball and believe me they will come at us big time in the FA Cup game. They will want revenge at their home and they will be backed by a sell out home crowd. Personally, I am not bothered if we lost the game although it would be great to play in a semi final at Wembley.

I have a feeling Rovers wont be too concerned about it because the eyes are on the bigger prize.

55 points in the bag how many more for a play off spot? I say 73 points will be suffice and games we must win are Luton, Coventry, Reading, Preston and Huddersfield with a couple of draws along the way and we might just make it.

Rovers are not favourites but imagine just how close we can get if we can snatch a win on Friday at Stoke.

Time for Rovers fans to really back this team.

Insomnia rules - I'm like a member of that family in the old Disneyland Paris TV advert who can't sleep because they're "too excited"!!

But at the same time, I'm trying not to go too far o.t.t. Don't forget that JDT's always spoken in terms of us being 'a Project', which is going to take a few transfer windows to come to fruition.

So, if we don't make automatic promotion this season - unlikely, I'd have thought because of the way that That Lot and Middlesbrough have got their acts together - and stumble at the play-off stage, I hope there'll be very few on here who'd turn on JDT and  what he's achieved since the days when we only knew of him as an international forward whose name most of this country mispronounced. (Nice touch by the BBC TV's commentator last Tuesday night, btw!)

However, if we stumble either in the Play-off games or in the F.A. Cup games between now and the Final, I'm sure only a curmudgewqon would fail to recognise how far JDT and his coaching team have brought us in the less than 12 months since he was announced as our new Head Coach.

Instead, I'd rather draw a parallel with the first promotion I can - just about! - remember. Under Johnny Carey, who was just as unknown a quantity - managerially - in the mid-1950s when Rovers appointed him.

It took him 4 seasons of finishing 8th, 6th, 6th, and 4th before the climax of the Division 2 season at The Valley - see recent entries on the Nostalgia Thread - and that fabulous 4-3 win we listened to on the old Light Programme. (The Dad of at least one of us on here only switched on very near the final whistle so he could check his pools coupon!😉)

So "Rome wasn't built in a day", and if we don't win either promotion or the F.A. Cup this season, there's always the next stages of "the Project"!

Incidentally, @Neilbristol, another possible solution to your problem's occurred to me. Certainly while we're playing so many games other than at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon, if you can't pick up commentary on the BBC, what about the talkSPORT stations? Just an idea!

• Like 2

Just now, R0verb0y said:

Insomnia rules - I'm like a member of that family in the old Disneyland Paris TV advert who can't sleep because they're "too excited"!!

But at the same time, I'm trying not to go too far o.t.t. Don't forget that JDT's always spoken in terms of us being 'a Project', which is going to take a few transfer windows to come to fruition.

So, if we don't make automatic promotion this season - unlikely, I'd have thought because of the way that That Lot and Middlesbrough have got their acts together - and stumble at the play-off stage, I hope there'll be very few on here who'd turn on JDT and  what he's achieved since the days when we only knew of him as an international forward whose name most of this country mispronounced. (Nice touch by the BBC TV's commentator last Tuesday night, btw!)

However, if we stumble either in the Play-off games or in the F.A. Cup games between now and the Final, I'm sure only a curmudgewqon would fail to recognise how far JDT and his coaching team have brought us in the less than 12 months since he was announced as our new Head Coach.

Instead, I'd rather draw a parallel with the first promotion I can - just about! - remember. Under Johnny Carey, who was just as unknown a quantity - managerially - in the mid-1950s when Rovers appointed him.

It took him 4 seasons of finishing 8th, 6th, 6th, and 4th before the climax of the Division 2 season at The Valley - see recent entries on the Nostalgia Thread - and that fabulous 4-3 win we listened to on the old Light Programme. (The Dad of at least one of us on here only switched on very near the final whistle so he could check his pools coupon!😉)

So "Rome wasn't built in a day", and if we don't win either promotion or the F.A. Cup this season, there's always the next stages of "the Project"!

Incidentally, @Neilbristol, another possible solution to your problem's occurred to me. Certainly while we're playing so many games other than at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon, if you can't pick up commentary on the BBC, what about the talkSPORT stations? Just an idea!

Thanks I will try talksport too! Cheers!