BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

Surprised to see Sorba drop to the bench. Good options to bring on to impact the game though. 

Luton beating Watford isn't bad for us either. I've begun to accept Luton are going to make the playoffs so to see one of the pack chasing us lose is positive. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Surprised to see Sorba drop to the bench. Good options to bring on to impact the game though. 

Luton beating Watford isn't bad for us either. I've begun to accept Luton are going to make the playoffs so to see one of the pack chasing us lose is positive. 

If  we win today, we have not lost anything on Luton, but gained 3 point on Watford.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Yes, Sorba widens the pitch by staying wide. It will be interesting to see the before/after effect when/ if he gets on. Plus he puts in proper crosses and has been an outlet for JRC and Travis in particular.

I watched a lot of the Luton game. They keep going that's for sure, hard to believe Watford dominated possession and got 2 shots, just 1 on target and looked crap.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, Sorba widens the pitch by staying wide. It will be interesting to see the before/after effect when/ if he gets on. Plus he puts in proper crosses and has been an outlet for JRC and Travis in particular.

I watched a lot of the Luton game. They keep going that's for sure, hard to believe Watford dominated possession and got 2 shots, just 1 on target and looked crap.

I watched the last 30 minutes of the Watford game. I too was amazed at just how poor they looked.

1 hour ago, levi said:

I don't live in blackburn anymore and only get over to a few games a season mainly due to grassroots ko times

When we had our son i steered him towards rovers by buying him kits,taking him to games etc but also used to show him barcelona/messi on tv and buy their kits for him so that was his glory team

He's 12 now and a proud rover...asked for giant rovers emblem on his bedroom wall,rovers screensaver etc...also still asks for barca kits!

Gets no end of friendly stick off his glory hunting mates but i don't think he'll be changing teams at his age...so it is possible😁

He sounds like the mid-1950s me; having to cope with Blackpool fans (ah, bless, nowadays!) winning the F.A. Cup in one of THE most famous F.A. Cup Finals, while we were mid-table in Division 2.

I KNEW we were the better team, cos Dad kept telling me of our F.A. Cup history. With that attitude, he did two things: got me interested in history as a subject; and, more importantly, made me 'Rovers Till I die'.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I wonder if he's being rested 'cos he was playing internationals during the week? Or maybe it's a reward for Hedges for scoring hte winner?

We've got 8 games to play this month, the squad is going to have to be handled with kid gloves. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wonder if he's being rested 'cos he was playing internationals during the week? Or maybe it's a reward for Hedges for scoring hte winner?

We've got 8 games to play this month, the squad is going to have to be handled with kid gloves. 

He hardly featured for wales

43 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Hope Morton gets snapped

I hope he scores the winner after reading that. What a vile comment. Mods- make an example of him. 

Back to the game- we need an early goal to settle the nerves. It should be a routine win if that happens. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Difficult, sometimes, to get the rationale for some of JDT's decisions. But he keeps getting - overwhelmingly - the majority of 'em right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Had no idea Khadra was at Brum. You know he's going to score probably for the first time since he last scored against us. 

He scored against us in the previous league meeting 😬 Hopefully he’ll be quiet today, he’s got the potential to be a top player, just very inconsistent. I wish we’d kept him on another season.