BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

14 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Thanks, didn't realise he is injured.

I really don't think Brereton or Gallagher are going to provide the goals needed and I have no knowledge of our untried players.

One thing is for certain, if we keep trying the same thing we will get the same results, we must do something different and throwing more youngsters in isn't it, we need experience.

There are goals in this team but we need a number 9 who can challenge in tha air and put himself about a bit.

Anyone fit the bill in defence or midfield? The Whartons? Clutching at straws but we need results now.

When is Dack back?

(edit) Phillips?

There wasn't really a time frame given in the interview I saw this morning for Dack. He was deffo out for the Hudds game, sounded like he'd miss the Hull game too.

JDT was asked if he would be back this season and he said yes, he will be but that's all we got. 

• Like 1

This is now a must win IMHO.  Sadly I don't see us getting it done.  Can tell if we are at it within first 5 mins, we have not last 2 games.  I see a 3-0 terriers win and out of the top 6 we drop never to return this season.  What happened to that exciting up tempo game with the closing down and quick one touch passing.  I don't think Brereton should be starting either.  Diaz is on leave and Brereton is here for the duration.  We look better with Dolan lately I think and when is that Morton lad gonna get sat down for one if our own.  A Wharton deserves a shot.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The players are backed in the stands, that’s a given, but they need to give us a lift and at least look interested. 
There needs to be some more lung busting runs, crunching tackles, or going full on into a 50/50, instead of trying to just nick the ball off the opposition. 
If you’re down in the dumps, you can work hard to get out of it first and foremost. Slow, one paced football won’t win football matches.

Ewood was like a morgue yesterday, despite a very decent attendance. A buoyant and loud crowd definitely can make the difference but the team on the pitch set the tone, give the crowd something to get behind and believe in and it will be returned in spades, the much vaunted 12th man. They gave us nothing yesterday to light the fuse.

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Thanks, didn't realise he is injured.

I really don't think Brereton or Gallagher are going to provide the goals needed and I have no knowledge of our untried players.

One thing is for certain, if we keep trying the same thing we will get the same results, we must do something different and throwing more youngsters in isn't it, we need experience.

There are goals in this team but we need a number 9 who can challenge in tha air and put himself about a bit.

Anyone fit the bill in defence or midfield? The Whartons? Clutching at straws but we need results now.

When is Dack back?

(edit) Phillips?

Walker actually had a good game up front for the U21s on Friday.

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Walker actually had a good game up front for the U21s on Friday.

Never heard of him 😯😱🙂

Ah, of course, Ethan, is he physically up to it?

37 appearances 1 goal

Edited by JohnD

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

No matter what side is picked, if we play like we are capable of we will have too much for Huddersfield.

If we don't produce a performance, Huddersfield will beat us.

It is in our hands...

Indeed it is but we need our best team available for the last fixtures, no more passengers, we have too many.

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Indeed it is but we need our best team available for the last fixtures, no more passengers, we have too many.

It's impossible not to pick one or two passengers these days.

Morton and Brereton need dropping for Wharton and Dolan. Gallagher needs dropping but I haven't a clue who for. Whoever we put there would be on a wing and a prayer.

JRC takes Hedges role and Brittain takes the fullback position.

• Like 3

I would leave Brereton out and start with Dolan again. Our best form was when Dolan and Smods were running at defenders.

I really believed we were going to surge into the play offs a month or so back. I thought we were looking the real deal - the best team we’d had since relegation from the Prem. How many times in my lifetime have we done exactly this - promised such a lot then fallen away really badly? 

Desperately need to avoid defeat at the very least in this game, but just as importantly we need to show we’re still good enough. Wish I could say I think we will.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton scored 3 goals in the week before the international break, it is very difficult to justify dropping your top scorer. I think the key is having him closer to goal.

Brereton playing where he does only tends to score when he puts a shift in and the team are.

Otherwise he's generally anonymous which is what he has been lately.  We won games without him before and with Thomas on the right we looked more balanced.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Won't happen but...

GK (dont think there's much between the 2 on recent form)

Brittain Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis Garrett Wharton

Szmodics

Brereton

We need to get back to hard to beat/solid.

I would still replace Brereton with Dolan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, den said:

How many times in my lifetime have we done exactly this - promised such a lot then fallen away really badly? 

And at Easter! Remember way back, 25th March 1967, Mike Ferguson sent off in the vital promotion clash with Coventry.

One of the beneficiaries of that defeat were----Huddersfield! Broken-hearted that day I was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

Won't happen but...

GK (dont think there's much between the 2 on recent form)

Brittain Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis Garrett Wharton

Szmodics

Brereton

We need to get back to hard to beat/solid.

I've supported having three in midfield all season, two get overrun too often.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

And at Easter! Remember way back, 25th March 1967, Mike Ferguson sent off in the vital promotion clash with Coventry.

One of the beneficiaries of that defeat were----Huddersfield! Broken-hearted that day I was.

Remember it well. Downhill from there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton scored 3 goals in the week before the international break, it is very difficult to justify dropping your top scorer. I think the key is having him closer to goal.

Exactly. No one else is scoring or even trying to.. without dack on the bench we need Brereton to play

• Like 2

Moving Brereton into the middle is a bit like shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic. He is, being kind to him out of form. The cynic in me through tells me he is coasting. The Leonard debate is interesting. I have seen him coming through the ranks and would say he is the most natural goalscorer in the squad, more predatory that any others but we have to get the ball into the box more. I lost count on Friday of the number of chances to get an early cross in from wide but the players wanted an extra touch or were looking to pass, often backwards. They have to make better decisions on the ball and be braver.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, philipl said:

No matter what side is picked, if we play like we are capable of we will have too much for Huddersfield.

If we don't produce a performance, Huddersfield will beat us.

It is in our hands...

Compare how many goals Huddersfield have scored recently to us, (including against decent teams).

They are favourites on current form.

• Like 2