BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

My thoughts on the game are we were the better team overall and control the game. Playing 4-3-3 really helps us control the game. 

Szmodics's finish was excellent. He finish well and good movement aswell. 

Bring Hedges and BBD made us better second half attacking wise. 

Hedges should either go for power and the corner and waste time. His finish was pathetic. Wharton's slipping isn't good enough. Its unlucky goal to conceded. 

Thought the back 4 dealt with the attacks from them very well and Pears made good decent saves. JDT was right to stand by him again. 

I don't understand why anyone think its over for us cos its not. Its still in our hands and like I said before this is going down to the last game of the season against Millwall. As we seen today they will be plenty of more twists and turns so this is far from over and plenty to play for. I can understand people frustrations with conceded again in the last minute for the second game in a row but this is still within our grasp now. 

Lets behind the team on Tuesday and beat the Dingles on now! 

COYB! 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Underground, Roverground said:

This isn’t on the manager. 

By going 5 at the back, it’s not an instruction to sit back and invite pressure. Yet that’s what the players do.

If we made no change and Preston score, we’d be frustrated for not making defensive changes.

Hedges has to run that time out. Go to the corner, put his foot through it. Row Z. Anything bar what he did. 

Playoffs a big ask now.

Of course it's on the manager. Whether or not the instruction is to sit back and invite pressure it's what they do, They did it against Sheff U and they did it 3 days ago... If we are aware of it then he sure as hell should be. They aren't capable of doing it so he shouldn't keep asking them to do it.

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely no other club in living memory has conceded last-kick-of-the-game equalisers in consecutive games to a goalkeeper and an own goal. It’s absolutely sickening.

Especially as Szmodics did what Covs goalkeeper did, but we didn't get a goal from it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

Remember this is a young team....prone to errors...

You are correct but it gives the manager an excuse ..3 times recently he has done  the same thing ..Think back to Leicester did it there too and got away with it ,Just !

What do they do in training about game management , it is happening far too often .

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What strikers?

Outside of Diaz, who is mentally already living the good life in Spain, we genuinely have none. You'd struggle sometimes to even class Gallagher as a professional footballer. Outside of that we have, what? Vale and Leonard? One of whom should be on loan in a lower division and the other seemingly can't even get on the bench when we have no recognised strikers outside of BBD.

Torrid state of affairs. The recruitment team have a lot to answer for as far as the January window is concerned.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My missus is not amused.  That's me done for tonight.  Get p1ssed everyone - it will null the pain at least for tonight.

The situation is still in our hands, getting drunk might help you but not for plenty of others people who didn't want to drink or need to drink to stop pain. I will just carry on doing what I do normally on Saturday night thanks Mercer

• Like 2

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Of course it's on the manager. Whether or not the instruction is to sit back and invite pressure it's what they do, They did it against Sheff U and they did it 3 days ago... If we are aware of it then he sure as hell should be. They aren't capable of doing it so he shouldn't keep asking them to do it.

I've been watching us concede goals due to sitting back for about six years. We have too many bottlers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT scores that 1-on-1. He probably also doesn't fall on his arse and allow a free cross into the box.

All on him though, right?

I don't know how people can watch these same shit players make the same basic errors and blame the manager. He HAS to use them because there's nobody else (and sadly the starting XI aren't cyborgs and occasionally get injured / need a rest). 

JDT is sending a clear message to the opposition when he brings on TWO defenders in the last few minutes of the game. Psychologically it's going to give you a lift because you are sending out a clear message that you are happy to try defend and see out the game. You're first thought is going to be let's gamble and throw more men forward. It's creates chaos. Even a keeper got in on the act this week. It's moronic and naive. Yes he has to play the players he has but the changes he made today cost us yet again. Don't fool yourself because you want to like the manager, the evidence is all there.

• Like 5